Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Success with Scalp Massage

+5
SonofOdin
Hairbeback
blahblahblah
Xenon
Delphine
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Success with Scalp Massage - Page 2 Empty Re: Success with Scalp Massage

Post  Delphine Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:49 am

Growdamnit wrote:If it helps you at any case, I am 25, have a receding hairline and have tried many, many things. I have been doing DT for over a year now and can attest to it's ability to reduce hard spots and swelling in the scalp. It feels good after a while, so why not? Does it create healthy environment for hair? Yes, I believe it may help, yet hair loss is a multifactorial approach for most people (cannot be so sure with females, sorry Embarassed ). I would assume it would help you if you were to have a good diet, proper supplements, lifestyle, etc. You need everything right to even start growing hair.

Good points. btw, of course hair loss/growing is multifactoral with females as well!

One of the latest posts in the thread at J.D. Moyer--someone challenges him, and he references this forum!

Markus wrote: Hey, thx for the post – but I cannot share the hype. Its a useless image. The hair is longer, but you can still guess that the temples and vertex are NOT regrown but the hair is covering the spots. Thats something most ppl with hair loss are perfect in – trying to cover the […]

JD Moyer: Hi Markus — I did try to take a better comparison picture from the same angle and address some of the criticisms from the first post.

I don’t have any bald spots I’m trying to cover up. I suppose if my hair were 1/4″ short I could “prove” that — if I cut my hair that short I’ll take some more pictures and post them.

Re: temples, that is the 20% (my rough approximation — I haven’t been using calipers) of my lost hair that has not yet grown in. My hairline in front is still a “V” shape, not straight across. I am growing my hair a little longer these days (because it no longer looks like a comb-over when I do) but next time I cut my hair as short as in the very top picture, I’ll post a picture from the same front angle. It still looks like I have a receding hairline from the front, but in fact it’s advancing (albeit slowly — no quick fix here).

To some extent this is a game I can never win. No matter how many pictures I post, some people will never be convinced that I have regrown a lot of hair with this technique. But I will take your criticisms in good faith and post more pictures down the road.

I assume you are interested, if skeptical, in this technique if you are still reading and commenting. Have you tried it yourself? For how long?

I don’t think this technique is for everyone. It’s a big time commitment, there’s very little research to back it up, and progress is very slow. Consider the above statement “anti-hype”!

My guess is that in a few years time we’ll have a better idea of how effective this technique across the board. Maybe someone will try to replicate Choy’s initial study. If not, we’ll know more from anecdotal posts and shares like mine and those on the immortalhair forum (including comments from folks who have tried the technique with NO results).
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2