Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp)

4 posters

Go down

Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) Empty Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp)

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:45 am

I have made a serious effort to clean my scalp. I always had a problem with seb derm, not just pretty little head and shoulder flakes, I'm talkin a serious crusty scalp. A trichologist I saw said it was Seborrheic Exzema, but the name is irrelevant really, it was just an ultimate crusty, flaky scalp. I tried in the past to get rid of it, but always failed with medicated shampoos which I consider now to be Satan's sperm as they are filled with toxic chemicals that should never touch a human body let alone a scalp, and to be honest they have probably aggravated my scalp and caused this hair loss to some degree.

Anyway, with the hair loss over the past year, I have been afraid to even touch my scalp and only really do so when washing the hair but I hate doing so, as a result the scalp crust (dandruff or whatever you want to call it) has gotten a lot worse. So I decided to tackle it. Heres what I did -

Himalayan Pink Salt is the main ingredient because I read that it had helped people with psoraisis and excema. I wanted dead sea salt, but the chances of actually getting the real genuine article are slim so I picked himalayan salt.

Anyway here is stage one which may or may not be necessary, you decide. I am putting this up here so others can experiment and together we can come up with a better, more honed solution.

Stage 1 - I put a mixture on my scalp - 1 -2 tablespoons of the pink salt (himalayan) into a bowl of natural yoghurt (mine is made from grass fed cows). Added to the mixture is 1 to 2 tablespoons of crushed black peppercorns (I crush with a spoon), 1 bottlecap full of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil, and last night I added 1 teaspoon of manuka honey. The first time I did it I added some ginger juice (from a piece of ginger I stuck in the juicer) but forgot last night. I mix it all up and rub it into the scalp and leave it on for 45 mins to 1 hour. Then comes stage 2 -

STAGE 2 - I have a 500 ml water bottle. I pour in about 4 tablespoons of COARSE HIMALAYAN PINK SALT, and 1 tablespoon of FINE HIMILAYAN PINK SALT (which is a smaller granule size) I don't add water at this stage. I get into the shower rinse the yoghurt mix from Stage 1 out, then fill my water bottle up from the shower head, and immediately dunk the 2 salt mixture onto my head. The reason for adding the water it not to dissolve the salt but just to help me pour the salt mixture onto my head. I then scrub the grit in. The idea being that the two sizes of salt granule will insure that all sediment on my scalp gets scrubbed out, if I just used the big granules (COARSE) I'm not sure it would work as well, but dont get me wrong I think the COARSE granules are the key to getting rid of the dandruff/ crust/ flake/ whatever.... After scrubbing it around for a while I rinse it out and thats' it.

So the idea is - Stage 1 is to put some good stuff on the scalp (the pink salt is very mineral rich) and Stage 2 is an abrasion stage to remove all sediment. I thought of this logically - no medicated shampoos and all those scummy chemicals therein have ever really helped removed dandruff, so I see the only logical way to do it is through light abrasion with natural substances. And it works. My scalp is pretty clean, not 100% but certainly 90%.

Anyway, like I say I'm putting this up here so that together, we can refine the method. To my mind it is Stage 2 that is the important part - The abrasion. Stage 1 might well be overkill, and I'm not that happy using a dairy product but I don't know maybe some might feel that natural yoghurt is a good thing for the scalp? The only reason I used it was to provide a base substance for the rest of the mix, the most important ingredients being the crushed black pepper and the fine pink salt. Wouldnt mind finding a replacement for the yoghurt though.

So long and short of it is my scalp is pretty clean, however my scalp itch/ inflammation has not gone, and I am taking the Immortal Hair basic kit as well as some other supps. But I really felt that the scalp had to be clean, that is why I went to all this effort. I might have some kind of fungal thing, so I am going to be adding as many powerful natural antibacterials/ antifungals as possible.

So just wanted to put this out there and if anyone can advise on how to get rid of scalp inflammation I'm all ears.

Thanks.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) Empty Re: Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp)

Post  rofl Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:39 pm

i have had this problem last 15 yrs as well, and to me it seems that if u sufficiently clear (kill) the underlying fungal infection (there IS a fungal infection) inflammation, and crusts will heal them selves. clearing the crusts, isnt really the main problem. u want to stop them forming in the first place.

ive never used the salt ur talking about so i cant speak about that. but wat i do is alternate nizoral, coal tar and selsun gold. i use them twice a week and use a organic the other days. but like u said, these chemicals simply dont work well, they sort of clear it, then it comes back stronger.

mine is completely gone now. not one single crust. itch is gone, i assume inflammation is gone. the only thing i have done different, is added tea tree oil.

its eureka brand from my supermarket. and its water soluable. i add it to my shampoo, and dilute a capful in a spray bottle and regularly spray it on during the day, with a soaking at night. water soluable is the key because otherwise u couldnt dilute it and use it in this way.

ur method seems very complicated. good luck with it, but definately add some anti fungals. some other ones are borax, coconut oil, GFSE, seabuckthorn, mag oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, eucalyptis oil, etc.

but for me tea tree oil is best. youve probably tried it before. i had. not sure why its working so well now, maybe in combination with the crappy chemicals.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp) Empty Re: Pretty Good Success Clearing lifelong Seb Derm (Serious Crusty Scalp)

Post  Elessar Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Hey man! I also have seb.dermatitis and crazy hairloss that started with it.

Just yesterday when i searched the net I came across some forums where people have had success with sea salt on scalp. It's nice to hear that its working for you.

I will buy some sea salt on My way home from work today and try it myself.

I def also think there is some problem/inbalance in our bodies that caused this to begin with and needs to be fixed (when you find out what it is) but if you can get a clean scalp with no itching/inflammation im sure it will help alot with the shedding.

I will report back with results

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 pm

@ rofi

"ur method seems very complicated."

This is what I was saying, Stage 1 is perhaps overkill and could possibly be streamlined or avoided. I will experiment. But in my experience there is no easy way to get rid of dandruff or seb derm or whatever you want to call it, and thats where the problem lies. It takes effort. You can go the quick wash & go root with Nizoral but it will never cure the problem, I've used that on and off for the last 20 years with little success.

We've all been conditioned to believe the problem lies in one magical little bottle of medicated shampoo and it doesnt. Nizoral, Coal tar (T gel, Alphosyl), Selsun - they all work slightly and then not at all, they're all full of horrible, noxious chemicals e.g Sodium Laurel Sulphate. All these chemicals strip the scalp of natural oils, and I've come to the conclusion that using them is just futile, all you can hope for is at best to lessen the problem slightly, never solve the problem.

I've lost hair like everyone else on this forum and I just cant see the logic anymore on putting incredibly harsh chemicals on an already damaged scalp. I am going the natural root, maybe my method seems complicated, but bear in mind I've only just started this regimen, and I've seen immediate results, better than any medicated shampoo I've ever used. My method will become more streamlined and more effective over time without a doubt.

There used to be a woman called Scalpskin Lady on this forum. Her ethos was the scalp was like soil in a garden. If you can make the soil healthy, the garden will grow. I think that is good logic, and by that rationale, after 20 odd years with a very bad relationship with all the medicated shampoos you mentioned, I can no longer in good conscience put them on my scalp, they're just poison.

But that's just my opinion.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Elessar wrote:Hey man! I also have seb.dermatitis and crazy hairloss that started with it.

Just yesterday when i searched the net I came across some forums where people have had success with sea salt on scalp. It's nice to hear that its working for you.

I will buy some sea salt on My way home from work today and try it myself.

I def also think there is some problem/inbalance in our bodies that caused this to begin with and needs to be fixed (when you find out what it is) but if you can get a clean scalp with no itching/inflammation im sure it will help alot with the shedding.

I will report back with results

Yeah, cheers. Hope it goes well for you. Let me know your results.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:37 am

if it can help, I cured my seb derm with vit c 1000mg when I had a crisis, never had a crust (and the inflammed hair line) and the unbearable itchiness, in 4 years now. I take small dose vit c regularly now. In my case, the seb derm came from a lack of vit c, the adrenal gland was not able to make a proper about of hormones and then the seb derm.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:58 pm

@ Elmo
You don't use any shampoo at all when doing this? Only the salt and a proper rinse afterwards? Im sure u have to rinse very well otherwise it will be messy, I've been on vacations alot and when bathing in saltwater I've noticed that. But My hair and skin (acne prone) is always in excellent shape on and after a vacation, im sure the warm sun helps alot but now when i think about it and people telling that sea salt helps them im guessing that might also play a big part in it

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Elessar wrote:@ Elmo
You don't use any shampoo at all when doing this? Only the salt and a proper rinse afterwards? Im sure u have to rinse very well otherwise it will be messy, I've been on vacations alot and when bathing in saltwater I've noticed that. But My hair and skin (acne prone) is always in excellent shape on and after a vacation, im sure the warm sun helps alot but now when i think about it and people telling that sea salt helps them im guessing that might also play a big part in it

Hi, yeah no shampoo at all. At first I didnt even do Stage 1 with the yoghurt, I am going to experiment cutting this stage out and see what the results are like.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down