Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair

+3
CausticSymmetry
Smurfy
Kazbar
7 posters

Go down

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Empty Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair

Post  Kazbar Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi Guys,
    I came across this interesting article, have any of you guys come across the official studies on this? CS have you heard of this?

http://www.sott.net/article/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Empty Re: Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair

Post  Smurfy Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:53 am

Wow. What a coincidence! I actually came across that article two days ago, and considered posting it!

It makes sense in the natural order of things... scissors and razors are unnatural, hair isn't meant to be cut. It grows for a good reason. It has a purpose just like any other organ or tissue, even if it hasn't been studied (aside from the article). I wouldn't doubt there is some validity at the very least.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Empty Re: Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:03 pm

I believe the essence of the article, if fact I quote this statement virtually verbatim because it is accurate within the nervous system.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Long hair on men ::shudders:: any evidence for this? I prefer to keep my hair short even when I didn't have hair loss

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Women love long hair, man.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Absolute bullshit.

Mammalian hair, aside from more specialized structures (like whiskers), did not evolve to serve this purpose. Although there really isn't a universal consensus on the evolution (and loss) of human body/face hair, the more weighty theories have to do with thermal regulation and skin protection.

There isn't some mysterious sensual connection between hair and the brain. Sure there is a connection. Not any different than why you feel it when you touch your fingernail. But like an energetic antenna? No.

And I'd say women's hair preference is highly individual. Saying women like long hair as a generalization is like saying guys like thick women. Sure some do. Some don't. Some girls like long hair. Others don't. Depends on the girl.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:49 pm

I been with a lot of women and met a lot of women. I can say maybe 3-4 out of the 1000s I met liked men with "long hair" I'm talking like Yanni lol

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Hairbeback wrote:I been with a lot of women and met a lot of women. I can say maybe 3-4 out of the 1000s I met liked men with "long hair" I'm talking like Yanni lol

First...very interesting article, thought for food...since women generally have longer hair than guys, could this be partly the reason for women's intuition as compared to men?

I'm a woman (hair shoulder length)...if a guy has hair like Jim Morrison had when he was riding high with the Doors, then yes Smile  There are pics of him with short hair from his teen years,
and it's like a totally different guy.

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Jim_Morrison
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Good looking man is good looking with long hair. Good looking man is good looking with short hair.

If you're jim morrison, it doesn't really matter what you do with your hair, its going to be considered attractive because its attached to you and riding in the wake of your too-cool, dark, mysterious persona.

If you saw your typical 40-year-old guy without the model face walking in your local grocery store, I'd doubt most women would fawn over that hair quite the same way. That's not to say it would look bad necessarily. But what rock stars do is awesome because they are rock stars. That kind of thing doesn't seem quite as calibrated when you're an average joe. Sure, seeing a guy in his late teens with a shaggy mop won't turn any heads. Its expected. But a grown, mature male growing out his hair like this who is not a rock star doesn't have the same effect. Unless they can really pull it off it comes off as very try-hard. For me, when I see middle-aged men wearing that kind of hairstyle it screams desperate-clinging-to-youth in the same way as seeing middle-aged women wearing victoria's secret yoga pants with cutesy sayings on the ass.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:39 pm

If anyone is considering going for the long-hair look,

do it the right way please:

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  36dd0d63d088f391fc4b360efd3f318c

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:57 pm

I just don't understand. The guy doesn't even have MPB and he did that to himself.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Some people like to get laid.

By the way, that's me. So thanks, asshole.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Gates wrote:Good looking man is good looking with long hair. Good looking man is good looking with short hair.

If you're jim morrison, it doesn't really matter what you do with your hair, its going to be considered attractive because its attached to you and riding in the wake of your too-cool, dark, mysterious persona.

If you saw your typical 40-year-old guy without the model face walking in your local grocery store, I'd doubt most women would fawn over that hair quite the same way. That's not to say it would look bad necessarily. But what rock stars do is awesome because they are rock stars. That kind of thing doesn't seem quite as calibrated when you're an average joe. Sure, seeing a guy in his late teens with a shaggy mop won't turn any heads. Its expected. But a grown, mature male growing out his hair like this who is not a rock star doesn't have the same effect. Unless they can really pull it off it comes off as very try-hard. For me, when I see middle-aged men wearing that kind of hairstyle it screams desperate-clinging-to-youth in the same way as seeing middle-aged women wearing victoria's secret yoga pants with cutesy sayings on the ass.

Note I said IF a guy has hair like Morrison had at that stage of his life. True that such is rarely found past one's 20's or so. But then there is someone like Gregg Braden who can still carry it off at over 40...so it depends!

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  GBraden
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 am

Yo Delphine,

Wasn't attacking your post at all. Just pointing out that it tends to be a side effect of whether or not the person is good looking in general, whether they are able to pull it off. This latest guy you posted does pull it off pretty well I think, but again I thinks its because he's just a handsome man. Its a very feminine cut, and it takes a handsome and mildly rugged face to do it properly. Its only going to suit a small minority I think, and what we're really talking about is do women like long hair as a general rule. I'd say the answer is no.

I think its that women like long hair the way they do because its a rarity, they see the guy who can wear it well so rarely that when they do its kind of a novelty. But we should note that when women say they like long hair, its really that sort of idealized 1-in-100 that they're talking about.

Its like that distinct color of red hair on a woman. For every 50 orange-ish red heads out there, then you see that drop-dead girl with the darker more-auburn kind of red.

So its this:

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  International_redhead_day_2011_-_internationale

Versus:

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Wpid-Natural-Red-Orange-Hair-2015-2016-1

Or:

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  Auburn-red-hair-color-1-

I want to say specifically that I didn't post the first pic with it in mind to say any of those women are unattractive. Not what my point was at all. They're perfectly normal women. I put that pic side-by-side with the others to make a point. The red hair is not the primary attractor, the primary mover if you will. Its that the women (in the second pics) are already highly attractive. The red hair becomes attractive because of its association. Its a novel attachment to an ALREADY beautiful woman. But in and of itself, its just red hair. Only when you see those already beautiful women do you go, "Oh wow and look at that gorgeous red hair." The package is what makes the components attractive, the sum of the parts.

Most men aren't going to say that as a general rule they like red heads. That's not to say that no man actually prefers redheads, and we can be sure there are some that do (again we're talking about rates/frequencies). I'm just saying there isn't some special attraction to a red head (in and of itself) except for when its that novel 1-in-100 kind. Same thing with long hair on a guy. When women talk about liking long hair on a guy, they're thinking of their idealized version of that 1-in-100 guy. When you ask a guy whether he likes a redhead, he's going to think of the second two pics, not the first one. When a girl thinks of long hair on a guy, she's gonna think the Jim Morrison. Hence, its not a good idea to take advice from people based on questions like that (especially on the internet).

Probably as a safer rule for men, keeping it more closely cropped is a better idea. Even that older guy you posted, Delphine, with the salt-n-pepper hair would probably look more mature and better to many women if he got a shorter cut like this:

Why American Indians would keep their Long Hair  0a9507c1d9d4463b70ad66f9c50947f0

But this also gets into the topic of style, which is a complex thing. Maybe the most important aspect of the style thing is social goals. Remember, what looks good changes depending on the viewer and the context. And people often think different things look good depending on their particular social or psychological setting. So what your social goals for yourself are is the big question to ask. You look at the guy Delphine posted versus the guy I posted just above. If I have the social goal to climb amongst a particular group of people, or achieve a certain task or make an impression in any setting involving more than two people, it makes a difference. If I am standing in front of a board of investors trying to get funding for a start up (or any situation where qualities like maturity, together-ness, seriousness are involved) I think I'm going to want to have the short look like the latter guy. However, maybe if I live on the west coast and I am trying to pickup one night stands at the local motorcycle bar, or I play in a local blues band, the long hair look will communicate my fun-loving relaxed nature. For whatever weight you give to first impressions, the two men give two very different impressions, which is why social goals/style matter when it comes to this.

Even asking this kind of question to the same person twice is likely to net you two different answers depending on the day or what part of her life she is in. If she's in that work-state-of-mind or thinking about her future, or if shes with her career-oriented friends, or just in any setting where men are competing in a game with the same rules (a company for example), she will probably find that short, well-kept look highly attractive. You're serious. Your displaying social competency and intelligence. And if you're great looking like that second guy, you're also winning that competition in the visual sense. But catch her on a friday night after work, when she's getting ready to get drunk and have a good time and just let loose, well she might not see that guy in the same way at all. She might be more attracted to the longer haired guy. Because it all depends on the social context and playing field. Maybe at the local bar, the main competitive criterion is how much fun you are, or at least how much you can COMMUNICATE you are fun. So then the visual cues change now. Long hair might be to your advantage here, but maybe on monday its getting you the wrong impressions elsewhere. How are people competing in this particular field and what are the criteria here? The same guy/girl isn't going to be as attractive in all arenas, and you aren't going to be the most attractive person wherever you go. Social games change depending on what door you're walking through.

In the context Gregg Braden is competing, long hair might be advantageous to the charisma/personality/impression that its his goal to give. He writes new age literature. Think about that segment of society and the nature of their beliefs/conversations. Long hair sort of gives him this androgynous appeal which meshes with their disucssions of the masculine/feminine, of higher natures, etc. etc. There has always been a stylistic connection between spiritualists and long hair. Perhaps because it seems more primal and tribal, back-to-the-roots, and says "I don't care for social norms. I deviate." And that in and of itself is something that appeals to most new-agers. So his style compliments the field he's playing in. So in the bigger picture, its almost impossible to look at someone's appearance in isolation from the social context and have it mean much of anything. That's why these questions posed online give you misleading answers that don't often translate to what people actually display in their choices/behaviors toward people in real life. Because you are seeing just an image of someone decoupled from what matters: where and with whom they are competing. (w/ regard to stylistic choices of course, a beautiful face is a beautiful face regardless of the social context, and this has more of a biological component involving symmetry, but its interesting that a beautiful face also changes the playing field...allowing you to sort of alter the rules in your favor, or in a sense make them...which is why celebs are usually the style-setters and not the other way around)

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 am

I meant long hair like a rock star. I exaggerated a bit, but usually the women me and and my friends met preferred guys with short cuts "fades" and other similar styles of that nature. There were a few women who liked long hair like Yanni or whoever else has it (can't think right now) It all comes down to preferences. I think older women from a generation before was more open to the rocker look/ponytail/long hair. My generation generally speaking was more in to really short buzzed hair. These are just my PERSONAL experiences from my life in Chicago, that's all.

Some guys can rock the long hair, some can't just like some guys can rock the shaved looked and some can't. Some guys can rock the bald look (I know many here would disagree) and some can't. For me I can rock the bald or shaved look I have a proportional bald head and the face for it. I look terrible with long hair...even my mother use to tell me shave it, even if i didn't shave it for 2-3 weeks it just didn't look right on me. I needed a low shave cut.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:54 am

For a male my intuition is pretty good. Maybe its the hair that started growing on my back last summer making up for what I lost in my head Very Happy

Never had a single hair on my back until last summer.....

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 am

Gates, I didn't think you were attacking my post.  I certainly see your points and yes, obviously a good-looking person is going to be better able to carry off various looks, hair lengths/colors etc.

Well done Hairbeback at your hair re-growing in back Smile

Posted the article in the OP at my Facebook page, people are interested!

Random observation:
My dad lost most of his hair pretty young, yet he was still a good-looking man. But, he wasn't happy about it...
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:40 am

Yes, my boss is a bald guy. He lost his hair quite young from what I've been told - in his 20s anyway. Still a great looking guy and still gets plenty of female attention. A handsome face trumps everything. If you're good looking with hair, you're likely going to still be attractive without it.

But on that note, I also don't think it requires a model face to be attractive as a bald guy either. The same guy I just mentioned also takes great care of his skin and his overall health. He's an avid weight lifter and is in fantastic shape for a guy going on 50. He dresses well also. Chooses clothes that fit properly, and fashion (in that sense of picking the right clothes) is lost on a lot of guys - myself included for the most part, but I'm learning. There's lessons in his case though, especially given that some of my female coworkers in their early 20s find this guy mucho attractive and he is going on 30 years their senior.

To me, losing hair is an internal battle. You get rid of one thing, but can gain in other areas. Every challenge is an opportunity. Hit the gym. Get some color on your skin. Dress well. Carry yourself well. Of course, no one is going to be jumping for joy about going bald, but there are too many examples of guys who decide to rock it, and do, for me to give any of my precious mental space to worrying about something that's going whether I like it or not.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 am

Good points Gates. Yes, the important thing is to feel good in our own skin, and there is much we can do toward that end. If we feel good about
ourselves, others will too.

There is peace in letting go, and in acceptance. Acceptance is the doorway. Making the best of it, whatever "it" may be. That's my motto!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:11 pm

I look at it this way I was never guaranteed or entitled to get every women I ever wanted or talked to with hair, and I look at it the same way without hair.
Subconsciously I think this is the factor that bothers most guys with hair loss, the "less women will like me, bald looks ugly" crowd. I know bald dudes killing it out there and they are far from models lol. Do I still try and halt my hair loss or regrow hair? Of course, maybe one of us can find a useful formula or alternative out there who knows if we never try

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down