Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss?

+10
rofl
rickfowler
NYJets
Hairbeback
LawOfThelema
desmadre1
moby
ratbag
Isreviro
Izzi
14 posters

Go down

How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? Empty How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss?

Post  Izzi Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 am

(All forms.)

Do you think that in the next 10/20 years we'll have a complete understanding of what causes hair loss and a definitive treatment for it or will it take much longer?

What do you predict the treatment (if there's any) will be?

I'm wondering because we're in a different time now, with the emergence of new technologies, a better understanding of general health and more people having access to education and knowledge (thanks to the Internet), surely these factors should contribute to the discovery, directly or indirectly, of a "cure", don't you think?

Izzi

Back to top Go down

How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? Empty Re: How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss?

Post  Isreviro Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 am

Considering how much of the world scientists don't know in comparison to how much they DO know, id say longer. Unless the discovery is a fluke or accident like past discoveries. My Scientist friend said that over 80% of the matter in your body is not even human cells. It is bacteria and other organisms. He studies bacteria in soil, he says that out of all the bacteria in soil, they can only study 1% of it. The body is much more complex than one might think. This is why i dont think hair loss will be cured for a long long time.

Isreviro

Back to top Go down

How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss? Empty Re: How long until there's a "cure" for hair loss?

Post  ratbag Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 am

Izzi wrote:(All forms.)

Do you think that in the next 10/20 years we'll have a complete understanding of what causes hair loss and a definitive treatment for it or will it take much longer?

What do you predict the treatment (if there's any) will be?

I'm wondering because we're in a different time now, with the emergence of new technologies, a better understanding of general health and more people having access to education and knowledge (thanks to the Internet), surely these factors should contribute to the discovery, directly or indirectly, of a "cure", don't you think?

I believe we are less than 10 years away from solving this mystery. There are many things out there that work to some extent but haven't been combined together. It is already possible to clone hair follicles although it is only possible inside a lab and it is rejected when but back into the scalp. With big companies advancing all the time we can hopefully all be NW1's by the time 2020 arrives.

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56 am

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Histogen

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:13 pm

I know histogen is still in the runnings but I remember the pics weren't that impressive.

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:17 pm

when I went back and looked at that pic, i'd say he improved, but yes its not a cure, but maybe its release onto the market will get other people thinking and working on the problem.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ratbag Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am

The pics showed improvements after 12-19 weeks can't remember which. Most treatments now take up to a year to see their full potential. Having said that histogen could be a very effective treatment as it could be that hair improves over time as there are more and more injections. Other treatments that you could use alongside histogen need to also be considered. There are quite a few different options out there that can all give growth to some extent. Throw all this together and it might give the results we are all after. Very Happy

ratbag

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 am

Within 10-12 years.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Not to be a debbie downer or anything but people have been saying 10 years now for decades!
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:47 pm

ratbag wrote:The pics showed improvements after 12-19 weeks can't remember which. Most treatments now take up to a year to see their full potential. Having said that histogen could be a very effective treatment as it could be that hair improves over time as there are more and more injections. Other treatments that you could use alongside histogen need to also be considered. There are quite a few different options out there that can all give growth to some extent. Throw all this together and it might give the results we are all after. Very Happy

quite true. who knows what happens when other treatments are combined with histogen. thats a good point.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 pm

Nowadays hair loss is a common problem among individuals and the best solutions to get relieve from this problem is Hair transplant. Many celebrities like to do so to enhance their beauty.
Many of those who want to regain their lost beauty of a full head of hair cannot do so simply because of the cost involved in the hair transplant surgery.

But in recent years, many good surgeons have opted to open and expand their practices such as they are providing free online consultation to the patient. While searching for these experts’s transplantation clinics, I have seen some online sites such as forhair, foundhair, hairlosshelp- where they provide services that are less expensive to run a practice owing to less expensive staff and lower overhead cost.

rickfowler

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 am

alfred the spam clown strikes again.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Asking when there will be a cure for hairloss is a bizzare question to me, it's like asking when there will be a cure to immunity or cellular apoptosis, they are a part of and a result like hairloss, of essential bodily functions that need to be modulated to suit the host betterment. I doubt there will ever be a "cure" the way western medicine and the media understands things.

My timeline on a cure then would be based on our understanding of human metabolism and inlammitory conditions, and everybody of course fits into this differently, so, I would say we should see our cure for the a large subset of people ... roughly ... two years ago.

Also histogen is very impressive for how young is it, I'm excited for its future as for people who really need it and those who have the money and don't care to approach this systemically.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm

A < R,

Interesting point. And I agree. Hair loss is the culmination of all of these natural beneficial processes (beneficial in certain contexts). Its just we have a compartmentalized view of our total physiology.

So yes, a cure is like saying, when will we be able to shut down immunity, when will we be able to stop producing testosterone or metabolizing any of the steroid hormones, when can we block all of these negative growth mechanisms (and all get cancer!).

The problem is circulation and how profuse our vascular network is. How can we get the cure into the area of the hair follicle and get it to remain there, only there, without entering systemic circulation? If we could find the right antagonist for the job and somehow bypass the reach of the circulatory system, then we'd be onto something.

But it seems like medicine has tried to "outsmart" a very intelligent physiology many times and it almost always works out poorly.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Never...not in this lifetime of Western style medicine.

There are effective holistic treatments now, however not in the fashion of immediate quick fix.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  GotCurls Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:28 am

I'm not sure if manual methods, when coupled with lifestyle, eating habits and supplementation could be considered a cure, but at least they go for a better fix then 5ar blockers, and they're available now.

Now it's only a matter of seeing if they'll hold out long term.

GotCurls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down