Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Is slowing down the best we can hope for? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is slowing down the best we can hope for?

+3
SonofOdin
iuyyighghghgkh
Growdamnit
7 posters

Go down

Is slowing down the best we can hope for? Empty Is slowing down the best we can hope for?

Post  Growdamnit Thu May 14, 2015 2:15 am

After years of constantly reevaluating my diet and lifestyle, I am coming to the end of the cul-de-sac of natural methods. Is slowing down our hair loss the best we can hope for? Can we not reverse it and essentially "cure" it, or are our genetics far too powerful to override? I have seen some people regrow hair (2young with dermarolling) and have seen some claim that we are screwed from the get go.

Let's discuss this with whatever studies/proof we can bring up.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Is slowing down the best we can hope for? Empty Re: Is slowing down the best we can hope for?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 14, 2015 5:07 am

what is your diet ?

supplements ?

topicals ?

what have you experimented with ? diet/supplements ?

blood tests ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Is slowing down the best we can hope for? Empty Re: Is slowing down the best we can hope for?

Post  SonofOdin Thu May 14, 2015 5:45 am

The issue is, is that this is a perpetual game of whack-a-mole where it is nearly impossible to know if what we are doing is working. It is widely believed that in order to judge a regimens efficacy, we need to give it a years time. The problem in that is that hair loss is not linear. It has periods of slowing down, even halting, and then periods of intense loss. So in essence, just when you think you're out of this nightmare the regimen you thought was saving your hair was really just your hair loss taking a quick breather... so then you head back to the drawing board, and plan out next years regimen, hoping for something better. Problem is we only have so many years... In my case only one(fml lul)
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 14, 2015 5:47 am

just answer the questions

I don't need the rhetoric and philosophy

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu May 14, 2015 6:31 am

Supps: I don't like supplements. I take zinc, that is all.
Topicals: Regenepure, Miconazole Nitrate if I feel like it
Experimented with: Entire contents of this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160444941
Blood tests: nope, no money to due to supps. can you guess why I don't like supps?

Current status: Weak nw3, up from NW4. Lose 5-6 hairs in shower a day. I inhibit DHT and perform DT, that's it for most part. If anyone else wants my results and wants to do it natty, can try beta sis and DT but no guarantees on it working.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Thu May 14, 2015 7:29 am

Growdamnit wrote:After years of constantly reevaluating my diet and lifestyle, I am coming to the end of the cul-de-sac of natural methods. Is slowing down our hair loss the best we can hope for? Can we not reverse it and essentially "cure" it, or are our genetics far too powerful to override? I have seen some people regrow hair (2young with dermarolling) and have seen some claim that we are screwed from the get go.

Let's discuss this with whatever studies/proof we can bring up.

I think so. I think slowing down hair loss is what we mostly achieve. Just remeber that doing something about it is better than doing nothing. But I wouldn´t count keeping my hair for life due to supplements. I rather prepare myself for baldness - it sucks, I know...but it is better that to living my life limited by my fear of going bald - i.e. no more food restrictions, no more money and expectations to invest on supplements. For most of us, it will happen. Maybe supplements and a few lifestyle changes can delay it for a decade or two, but it will happen - it´s better to think this way than the opposite, I believe.

You can always invest on mimicking propecia with supplements. Call it a symptoms treatment, but it seems to work. A lot of people stated that beta sis helped them. Give it a try
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 14, 2015 7:34 am

that "well known post on bodybuilding.com" was probably fake and deeply unscientific for people wanting to regrow hair

Yes, read the thread in my signature, I have tried that regimen and more and more and more and more

I now know
what works,
what doesn't work,
and why,
and why it doesn't work

Focusing my attention away from fish oil, magic herbs, magic smoothies, magic supplements,
but concentrating on pgd2 and focusing my attention on aspirin, caffeine and niacin

also, trying to avoid PUFA , and seeing what results I get

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 am

Of my time spent on this forum, I noticed that people tend to focus on symptoms too much. The root cause of all autoimmune diseases lies in the gut and gut microbiome. If you are taking supplements such as beta sis, focusing on dht, massage, Thyroid,  you are just hoping that it can suppress the symptoms enough for it to have an effect. You're very lucky if these treatments work.

Leaky gut; the permeability of the gut releasing toxins and pathogens into the bloodstream causing allergies and infection should be the focus. Rebuilding the gut lining and repopulating the gut flora with beneficial bacteria, optimizing digestion is what we need to focus on imo.

Supplements like l-glutamine, colostrum to rebuild the gut along with consuming liver, shellfish, and gelatin weekly for minerals and vitamins a&b,  copper, zinc  will go a long way in putting you on the right path.

Consuming probiotics s boulardii, lactobacillus gg (these two are the most researched and most beneficial) , and others (fermented foods as well) to repopulate the gut.

Antibacterial approach whether it be supplements (iodine, oil of oregano etc)  or rife

And detoxing lymph and heavy metals

Keeping away from allergy causing foods for a while til the gut is healed.

This stuff is probably the most valuable information found on the forum and I hope more people would focus on this. I still think this forum provides a huge database of information to fight hairloss and if you look for the things posted, you should be on your way to stopping this shit. Use the search feature on the forum and go through the archives if you need to understand more.

After you do all this, you can start massaging your head and seeing more benefits from some hair growth supplements.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:what is your diet ?

supplements ?

topicals ?

what have you experimented with ? diet/supplements ?

blood tests ?
Jarrow Formulas
Ashwaganda
Zinc
Silicon

Ortho Nutrition:
Stabilized R-lipoic acid
Ecklonia Cava
Decalcify
Antioxidant Boost

MRM:
Acetyl L-Carnitine
MSM Crystals

Doctor’s Best Vit. C Quali-C
Garden of Life Probiotics
Thorne B-Complex #12
Life Extension Super Selenium
Now Foods Vitamin A
Morningstar Minerals Immune Boost 77
Garden of Life Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Black Currant Oil
Trace Minerals 40k Volt Electrolyte Concentrate
Iosol Iodine

Olive oil 2x week
Rejuveplex every night

Have tried nearly every diet, currently vegan.

No blood tests yet.

I have tried brushing for over a year and a half and am currently on DT for about 7 months.

I can't believe that we are on a time limit. If people can regrow their hair, doesn't mean there is hope for everyone?

EDIT: I'm not changing away from veganism because of religion now, but I am not sure if I am getting anything close to gelatin.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 14, 2015 12:05 pm

add some caffeine/niacin powder into the rejuveplex

just a tiny amount/ like 1/8th of a teaspoon

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu May 14, 2015 12:26 pm

As much as I would like to have a natural method to cure hairloss I'm hoping that the two new hopes on the horizon will work to some degree. Setipiprant is a drug and is probably a few years away for hairloss but it already has a good tolerance profile and has been well studied. The other is that IGF-1 topical coming out this fall from the university of florida. It is somewhat natural in it's components. The only scary thing is some cancers are related to the IGF-1 pathway. But they're using so little that it's registered as a supplement instead of a drug. I'm betting my money on these two things since propecia and minox did squat for me.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 pm

But we can never be so sure. How many times have we seen, "The cure is right around the corner/coming out in the next year/2/5/10, etc."

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu May 14, 2015 1:23 pm

I know. All we can do is take a wait and see approach. It's just the time frame that is nice to see. The fall isn't too far away. And setipiprant may get rushed thru the testing phases since it's not a new drug. Oh pah-leeeeease lord, let this work for us lol.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 14, 2015 10:20 pm

shaftless wrote:As much as I would like to have a natural method to cure hairloss I'm hoping that the two new hopes on the horizon will work to some degree. Setipiprant is a drug and is probably a few years away for hairloss but it already has a good tolerance profile and has been well studied. The other is that IGF-1 topical coming out this fall from the university of florida. It is somewhat natural in it's components. The only scary thing is some cancers are related to the IGF-1 pathway. But they're using so little that it's registered as a supplement instead of a drug. I'm betting my money on these two things since propecia and minox did squat for me.

what topicals have you already tried ??

list them

see the ones in my signature, particular Solban

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri May 15, 2015 1:04 am

iuyy,

Can I ask you not to deviate from the subject matter? You have yet to answer the question.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri May 15, 2015 3:14 am

Growdamnit wrote:iuyy,

Can I ask you not to deviate from the subject matter? You have yet to answer the question.

which question ?

"Is slowing down the best we can hope for?"

no, you can get regrowth if you know what you are doing

If I was being 100% honest I would drop each supplement from your list, re introuduce each one week after week,

and start all over again

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Fri May 15, 2015 3:19 am

I've used minox and a bunch of homemade topicals with peppermint oil (it seems to affect your lungs a bit and made my voice scratchy), caffeine, bee propolis, crushed cetirizine tabs (as a pgd2 inhibitor). Nothing worked. I am a bit impatient too and if I don't see some kind of results in 2 - 3 weeks I move on. I hate trying something for 4 or 5 months only to see it didn't work.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri May 15, 2015 3:23 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

which question ?

If I was being 100% honest I would drop each supplement from your list, re introuduce each one week after week,

and start all over again

What would be the purpose of week after week if it takes months to see any form of a result?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri May 15, 2015 3:54 am

Growdamnit wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

which question ?

and start all over again

What would be the purpose of week after week if it takes months to see any form of a result?

think this is one of the biggest issues with hair regrowth. many success stories of regrowth occur after months, 6-12 months.

so whatever one does, have some solid rationale behind it and stick with it, and do it consistently. else what's the point?

that's what I'm doing.

currently 3 months in with a planned out kitchen-sink-approach which I've committed to sticking with for the entirety of 2015.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri May 15, 2015 6:18 am

Okay

actually I am wrong

each person should experiment until they find what works for them

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down