Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What supplements am I missing?

+7
theseeker86
Biffy
SonofOdin
virtua_
iuyyighghghgkh
Growdamnit
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 Empty Re: What supplements am I missing?

Post  Biffy Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:52 am

YARO wrote:One thing that i dont understand is that why can a person who is stressed out all the time, eats garbage all the time, and doesnt have the perfect suitable lifestyle fornhair regrowth but yet has a full, thick head of hair.

So why does lifestyle matter for us balders?

I think that lifestyle doesn't matter that much. How many follicles and thickness of your hair is determined by genetics - you can only slow down the MPB progress with Epigenetics if you inherited aggressive balding like me. I have really thin - seen trough hair all my life even on the sides and have had similar diet or maybe even better than my brothers who has thick hair since he was a child. None of the supplements/drugs helped me to get more follicles or thicker hair on my head.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

What supplements am I missing? - Page 3 Empty Re: What supplements am I missing?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 am

total rubbish

compare the white british people to white australians. the difference is staggering.

compare native indians to modern ones living in modern america

native japanese to japanese living in england.

genetics has no effect.

what changes these people is the diet and oils they consume

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  YARO Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 am

By no means am i intelligent in the field of hair loss. Im just a lurker here but it doesnt take much but common sense. In my opinion, i dont think it matters what your lifestyle is like. Im 18 now with a non stressful job, good friends, and a great family. Literally the only reason why i stress is because of my hair loss. Not a second goes by that i am not thinking about but yet im still receding. (NW3) Started at the age of 14. now how can that be? Lifestyle? i dont think thats the case. I think it is a Ray Peat/Danny Roddy way of thinking that lifestyle has a major impact on hair, even though there are plenty of people with full heads of hair and live in the worst conditions. But i also do think that regrowth is completely possible, just look at swisstemples.

YARO

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:02 am

vitamin d

and pregnenelone

are realistic options to increase the amount of follicles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnenolone

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  YARO Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:10 am

I started the entire IH regimen plus emu oil, rejuveplex, chromium, green tea extract, beta sis, iodine. this is my first ever regimen of any kind for my hair. about a week in now.

I just dont get why genes, if that is the cause of hair loss, would be responsible for mpb. it just doesnt make sense to me.

Btw iuyy, would you recommend the haduit topocals (idea labs) for someone who is just getting into hair regimens? or should i wait and see what the one im on does?

Thanks

YARO

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:13 am

no

they are a last resort.

give up all the seed oils and fix your diet,
eat more calcium than phosphate,
more coconut oil / butter than other oils
eat safer grains, sourdough bread and masa harina
reducing prolactin, and estrogen,
eat more sugar than fat

I no longer believe in beta sitosterol or emu oil for hair loss. I used to.

I prefer the whole body approach, of basic vitamin and amino acid supplementation.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:59 am

lifestyle actually is everything

how different would you be if you were travelling, happy, meeting new people, spending most of your days in the sun.
your hormonal and biological profile would change dramatically, far greater than any supplement could.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  YARO Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:02 am

there are tons of people worldwide who actually do have the chance to travel the world, live near a beach, be happy, meet people and have a worry free life. but yet they still lose their hair. I do not think that lifestyle is a huge factor because after all, many homeless people have full heads of hair and many people who have the lifestyle you mentioned above lose their hair.

YARO

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:53 am

This is a very easy question. People with MPB lack a significant supply of specific progenitor cells.  Non-balding have an abundant supply and are not vulnerable to transforming growth factor beta.

Then there are those with other types of hair loss, ala alopecia areata - This type of hair loss is more prone to lifestyle alteration. However epigenetics plays a role in both. MPB is subject to androgen receptor polymorphism, high sensitivity.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3