Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk)

3 posters

Go down

Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) Empty Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk)

Post  Josh Abrhams Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:00 am

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum and I want to get your opinions on where I should be going with my regimen.

Firstly let me give you some weird gossip: I was posting a lot of disparaging stuff about propecia over on hair loss talk. I made quite a few high quality well referenced posts encouraging people not to take it and suggesting that PFS is probably more common than we think. I got banned out of the blue with no reason given. Funny how that works on a forum that is explicitly sponsored by Merck. Funny and very very gross.

My regimen:

I'm young 23, NW3 and judging by my small bones and very low body fat despite the fact that my thyroid is pretty slow, I must have had bad digestion for most of my life.

Through a GAPS inspired gut health diet, digestive enzymes and supplements like glutamine I've gotten it to the point that I have good digestion and can put on a little muscle for the first time in my life. That involves being absolutely gluten and dairy free and avoiding any hard to digest food like brown rice etc.

At the same time, given that I think I must have been slightly undernourished my entire life, Danny Roddy and peats ideas really resonate with me and I'm trying to give my body a constant supply energy as either protein or sugar with some starch as well - very low PUFA. I eat a little iPhone size piece of liver once a week and seafood once a week too. I try to consume a lot of calories every day - usually 3000 ish just to make sure I'm definitely not undernourished.

I supplement:

2 grains armour thyroid daily
Calcium from seaweed (as i can't handle dairy)
Retinyl Palmitate (10,000 IU retinol equiv daily)
D3 on days when I get no sun.
Magnesium
Zinc

I also do headstands daily for 10 minutes which keeps my scalp loose.

I've been doing this for 4 months and I've seen some improvement in hair quality and shed amount (I graph my shed - obsessive much?) but I still have very bad sheds sometimes.

Given that the general context in which I'm working now is:

1. reduce gut inflammation and get maximal nutrition from what I eat
2. Maximise thyroid output while minimizing stress hormones.

I'm wondering if someone could explain contextually what the IH regimen aims at achieving so I can understand how it relates to what I'm already doing?

Josh Abrhams

Back to top Go down

Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) Empty Re: Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk)

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 am

I would add in vitamin k2, or simply remove the d3 supplement and get it from food or sunlight. I don't like d3 supplements, but other members will disagree with me completely.

your supplement regimen is incomplete, random and amateurish to be honest

You do what you think caused your hair loss,

mostly, it will be
thyroid
mitochondria
calcification
or general malnutrition

the immortalhair regimen

blocks mmp9 mmp2,
blocks tgf beta 1
blocks nf-kb
reduces calcification

you also want to reduce
cortisol
estrogen
prolactin - which is linked to calcification

i summarise it, very simply here, although I have missed a lot out

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11029-evaluation-on-my-progress  to read my simplified post of what to do

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk) Empty Re: Danny roddy regimen, gut health, IH regimen (+ gossip about hair loss talk)

Post  bov51 Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
you also want to reduce
cortisol
estrogen
prolactin -

peats diet is very good on that. Carrots supposedly lower estrogen, I eat 1 carrot every morning with coconut oil.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:01 am

i forgot serotonin

but you get the idea

and you can research those things listed yourself and make up your own mind

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down