Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
the danny roddy regimen EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
the danny roddy regimen EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
the danny roddy regimen EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
the danny roddy regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
the danny roddy regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
the danny roddy regimen EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
the danny roddy regimen EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
the danny roddy regimen EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
the danny roddy regimen EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

the danny roddy regimen

+33
alphadelta
lamka
Elephanto
theseeker86
sanderson
Shinobi
gorilla_power
stanis
Xenon
tcpratt
OpenBook
NYJets
hairyshowers
bov51
Billa
AgapeBerry
diffuse
Zaphod
Live forever
Growdamnit
Odysseus
Keanoseg
wildtruffle
whodathunkit
Manoko
CausticSymmetry
shaftless
SonofOdin
DeadlyDevice
Organism
iuyyighghghgkh
37 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

the danny roddy regimen Empty the danny roddy regimen

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 am

" hair loss is caused by defective energy metabolism

which means you are converting glucose into lactic acid

This causes hair loss. "

So my question is, how to stop converting glucose into lactic acid  ? Avoiding certain foods ? can supplements help ?
maybe coq10  ? ubiquinol ? They are involved in energy production ?

What should glucose convert into in a normal healthy person ?

Also, ray peat says avoid fermented food. will this help ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

the danny roddy regimen Empty Re: the danny roddy regimen

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:34 am

anyone ??????

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:56 am

glucose should convert to c02, Simply, certain stressors can induce the shift in cells to aerobic glycolysis (glucose to latic acid).

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:11 am

Don't waste your time.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:39 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:Don't waste your time.

what ?? go away

How do I make sure glucose converts to c02 ?

why wouldn't it in a person ?
can a supplement help ?
avoiding a certain food ?
reducing stress ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:08 pm

I believe his book, 'Hair Like a Fox' is free, or, a dollar on Amazon, he probably goes more in depth there.

I won't knock his theories, but my own opinion is that supplements will not help. If they do, it will be so minimal. To use a metaphor, it'd be like heading into the gym for leg day and doing 55 minutes of calves, and then the other five minutes on quads and hamstrings. But I understand, I went down the supplement route too so if you insist, do the research, spend the money, and see if it works for you.

For general health however, there are a few key supplements you should incorporate. For hair? Look to add greater firepower to your battle against mpb.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:27 pm

I think we've seen what droddy's hair looks like now. But has he ever shown any before pics when he was balding? Even with his full head of hair that he boasts now, it seems so thick and heavy that it doesn't look quite normal...at least to me.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm

If supplements didn't work for hair loss, then this forum wouldn't be here. I've been at this for over 20 years now.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:26 pm

proof is in the pudding

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:58 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:If supplements didn't work for hair loss, then this forum wouldn't be here. I've been at this for over 20 years now.

Okay fine, supplements aren't the answer.

I get it.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:22 am

Regrowhairhero,

You follow a peat inspired diet, and it is responsible for the halt of your hair loss as well as some hair regrowth ?

I ask because I did it too, tried the diet outlined in Hair Like a Fox, but it didn't bring any benefit to me. My resting pulse rate didn't go up, I didn't feel any better overall, and my hair shedding was the same if not more pronounced.

I'm just curious to find the correct diet to support thyroid health, or rather overall health in general, for me.
I think it's key to correcting MPB, along with DT to "reset" the scalp condition.

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:34 am

iuyyighghghgkh:  If you have questions about stuff Roddy says, why don't you buy his book and read it instead of expecting people to spoon-feed you???

As SonofOdin noted, it's $0.99 for the electronic version on Amazon.  If you want hard-copy it's maybe like five bucks, IIRC.

I don't follow his diet recommendations specifically (although I have taken some of them), but have gotten a lot out of reading his books.  I recommend them to anyone on a quest for knowledge about the possible causes and cures for hairloss.   His books are not a cure-all, but they contain a lot of good information.

Experientially, before I even read a Roddy book for the first time, I'd figured out that fruit and protein, with some veggies and occasional starch thrown in is what works best for me as a diet.  That's basically what he recommends now.

FWIW, supplements have helped to improve my health immensely.   Improving my overall health has improved both the density (hairs per cm on my scalp) and quality of my hair.  My hair hasn't grown back to the extent that I ever wanted, but I'm not perfectly healthy yet, nor am I completely consistent with even the things I know to work for me (I'm lazy about manual methods and sticking to a good diet, for example).  And I certainly haven't given up on regrowing my hair.  Plus I'm reading, researching, and trying new stuff all the time.

And even though I haven't grown back all the hair I wanted, I have grown back some and the quality of the hair I have has improved almost more than can be described.  What I have is just better hair.  It behaves more like it did when I was a lot younger and had an astonishing head full.

Biggest pitfalls of taking back control of your health and trying to regrow your hair naturally include:

• Not allowing for individual differences (i.e., what works for me or CS might not work for you, or vice-versa).

• NOT GIVING SUPPLEMENTS AND DIET CHANGES ENOUGH TIME TO WORK

IME it's three months *minimum* to even *begin* to see positive changes when you start using supplements and diet to cure your health and hair.   Six months MINIMUM to see noticeable progress.  Some it may be longer.

But most of what I see on this forum and other forums is people hopping around from one "solution" to the next every month or couple of months.  

Helping yourself with natural methods won't work that way.   You have to be in it for the long haul.

But we don't have the discipline to stick with it for the long haul.  We expect it to be like taking an antibiotic for an infection, and it's not.  It's not easy like that.

I hit this forum three years ago caring most about regrowing my hair.   What I actually discovered was that my overall health was the most important thing of all.  

Further, I discovered that if my health improved, so did my hair AND my mental outlook.   And when my mental outlook improved, I stopped obsessing about my hair.   What a fucking RELIEF that has been.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:38 am

Okay.

Should a person solve their candida and leaky gut first ?

and thyroid and adrenals

and that will solve some problems ?

and heavy metal problems ?

and estrogen ?

They all sound connected, and might be.

Last edited by iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:16 am; edited 2 times in total

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  wildtruffle Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:38 am

Danny Roddy does not have a specific dietary regimen for people - nor supplements - his aim is more the broad functions of the body and what nutrients push along optimal function. His first version of hair like a fox did have some sample meals - but these were not meant to be taken as prescription. With that said, you could pull together some basic dietary ideas with his work and Peat's. But ultimately, your body has to dictate what it needs.

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Post  wildtruffle Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:48 am

amen whodathunkit. what is typically missing when people try to improve their nutrition is they don't keep records of what they do or develop the right awareness of what they are doing or have done in the past. They approach health as attacking symptoms with certain prescriptive foods or supplements when the real focus has to be the body as a whole and how to nudge it towards healing itself. I have done all the wrong things and discovered the way out for myself and it's actually pretty simple. The body begins to heal when you remove foods/supplements which are inflammatory to your specific body, when you give it the ratio of carbs/protein/fat that your specific body craves with every meal, and when you feed yourself with the right frequency and amount. You have to keep records of temp. & pulse and daily logs of food though and how you feel. Through this process you have to always reign in awareness of how you feel and what your cravings are. *PULSE & TEMPERATURE & MOOD* are the primary tool for dictating if you are balancing everything correctly. First they should stabilize and become more consistent and then they should improve. Add into this formula patience and consistently meeting the demands of your body and you are moving in the right direction. Your temperature and pulse should slowly normalize to optimal numbers along with how you feel.

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:58 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:If supplements didn't work for hair loss, then this forum wouldn't be here. I've been at this for over 20 years now.

Okay fine, supplements aren't the answer.

I get it.

CS was actually encouraging supplements by the way. It might be better to listen to him. I have my personal beliefs and, some things work for others and not do anything for another person. For me supplements weren't the answer. Like Whodathunkit said, if you do choose supps give it six months.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:40 am

My main question was how to stop converting glucose to lactic acid.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:19 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Should a person solve their candida and leaky gut first ?

and thyroid and adrenals

and that will solve some problems ?

and heavy metal problems ?

and estrogen ?

They all sound connected, and might be.

1)  GUT, GUT, GUT
2)  Heavy Metals
3)  Adrenal issues
4)  Thyroid issues

If you sort those four things you may find a lot of other things get sorted, too, and you don't actually have candida or estrogen issues.

BTW, doing all that properly is at least a year's worth of effort.   Trust me, it flies by.

In my experience, not nearly as many people have candida overload as are convinced they have it.  When candida first became the buzzword back in the '80's and '90's I was convinced I had it.  I had a lot of the "symptoms" of candida overload (which are also symptoms of other issues I did have).  Turns out, I didn't have candida so much.   Nothing I did regarding candida helped me, and I put myself to A LOT of trouble with restrictive diet, different supplements, even got nystatin from a veterinarian friend.  It was all wasted effort.  None of it made me feel better.

I advise you not to get hung up on or waste your time self-diagnosing and self-treating candida.   Either get a firm diagnosis from a MD or ND, or exhaust all other options to get yourself well first.  Treating non-existent candida is a black hole of time and energy, and unless you've got a firm diagnosis probably isn't the best first-line of attack to address your health.

Also worth noting is just fixing your gut can fix a candida problem.   IF you have one.   And that's a big if.

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
My main question was how to stop converting glucose to lactic acid.
Have you even *looked at* Roddy's book?  Why dontcha try that?

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:28 am

whodathunkit wrote:
1)  GUT, GUT, GUT
2)  Heavy Metals
3)  Adrenal issues
4)  Thyroid issues

If you sort those four things you may find a lot of other things get sorted, too, and you don't actually have candida or estrogen issues.

BTW, doing all that properly is at least a year's worth of effort.   Trust me, it flies by.

In my experience, not nearly as many people have candida overload as are convinced they have it.  When candida first became the buzzword back in the '80's and '90's I was convinced I had it.  I had a lot of the "symptoms" of candida overload (which are also symptoms of other issues I did have).  Turns out, I didn't have candida so much.   Nothing I did regarding candida helped me, and I put myself to A LOT of trouble with restrictive diet, different supplements, even got nystatin from a veterinarian friend.  It was all wasted effort.  None of it made me feel better.

I advise you not to get hung up on or waste your time self-diagnosing and self-treating candida.   Either get a firm diagnosis from a MD or ND, or exhaust all other options to get yourself well first.  Treating non-existent candida is a black hole of time and energy, and unless you've got a firm diagnosis probably isn't the best first-line of attack to address your health.

Also worth noting is just fixing your gut can fix a candida problem.   IF you have one.   And that's a big if.

Interesting.

By fixing the gut, what do you mean ?

I know that some people say to avoid grains because it can cause leaky gut, and also eat a fair amount of probiotic. But what, in your experience, is the best way of achieving this ?
I have crazy systemic and local (for example in my scalp) inflammation, and there's a good chance it comes from the gut, right ? That's why I ask.

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:14 am

fermented grains and sourdough bread may be okay

maybe

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  wildtruffle Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:27 am

the key to healing is focusing on function and not dysfunction.  the body has its own hardwired internal doctor.  if you appease the body as a whole consistently, you create an environment in which it has the necessary resources to do the healing that it already knows it needs to do - and it will do it the way it wants to in the timeframe that it wants to.  trying to solve gut problems or any other symptom with tunnel vision or separating it from the whole you are not dealing with the body problem.  There is no such thing as a localized gut problem - where there's a gut problem there's something wrong on another level and another level.  This is why you can't heal from attacking symptoms (yes, changes or cleanses or supplements can have a temporary gain).  Unless it's just a hobby, you don't have to understand all sorts of complex physiological processes - you only have to know a few things and put in the necessary work:

The following variables are what you tweak to create an environment that the body feels confident to do its own healing (not including lifestyle factors):  macronutrient ratios *per meal* (down to gram amounts), calories per meal, frequency of meals throughout the day, and overall consistency.  

You measure if the tweaking is working by keeping logs a few days a week of the gram amounts of everything you eat, the times you eat them, how you feel, as well as *temperature and pulse* readings upon waking, 20min. after breakfast, and 20min after lunch.  Any pulse over 83 is adrenaline related.  Ideal temperature - 98s.  Ideal pulse - mid to high 70s.  On one's current diet, the temp and pulse and mood throughout the day may fluctuate - but once the body is being given signals of consistency, the temp. and pulse become more consistent too.  This is a sign that your body is getting into a groove and likes where you have the variables.  Overall, the main concern is meeting the demands you are placing on your body - and that your body prefers balance.  Your body's definition of balance is unique to you based on what healing is required.

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Manoko, please do a little bit of research. There's reams written here and on the 'net already.

Briefly, a WIDE variety of probiotics (I've recently discovered that supps with a large number of bifido bacteria benefit me more than supps with a larger number of lactobacillus bacterias), clean healthy diet, and some amino acids like glutamine are staples of fixing your gut. For a while I also got a lot out of a product called "Perm-A-Vite" by Nutricology. Has glutamine and something called "epithelial growth factor" in it to help fix leaky gut.

A really wide variety of probiotics is probably key, though. I've taken so many different strains and brands it amuses me to try to list them, because I can't remember any more. And it can be expensive. But worth it. I believe it all helped.

And a good diet is the foundation. Meaning no crap processed foods, and no sugary drinks or table sugar. Sugar from fruit has always been okay for me, though. YMMV.

In my case grains aren't really a factor, either. If you have gluten allergy it's an entirely different story. For the most part I stayed away from grains for nearly a year, though, just to be on the safe side.

Also like wildtruffle's suggestion about keeping a journal about what you're trying and what effects it has. Most of us aren't that disciplined, but if you can do it, that's worth the effort, too.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 pm

wildtruffle and whodathunkit, thank you for your replies.

I did some research about this, but it seems there is a lot of conflicting evidence/opinions on the interet towards optimal nutrition.
For example, there's Ray Peat saying you need to eat a lot of carbs (table sugar, fruits, etc) to enhance thyroid function, and others saying this isn't healthy (paleo for example).
I just don't know what to make of this.

I also read about FODMAP, but I am not sure how relevant it is to avoid all of those.

It's really too much information (and it is clear at all) to process, and figuring a clear way out of this to achieve health is actually quite hard.

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Yeah that's why self-experimentation is really the only way to find out what's right for you. That can be hard as well. Take all the guidelines you have read about and apply them to see the changes. I already had cases of nutritionists who claimed they know what's right for me promise me more energy and better health but in the end it didn't really happen.

I would also subscribe to lifetime of multiple supplements because I think that's the easy way out but I simply don't have the income needs to satisfy this so I have to rely on just foods... I agree there's too much confliting info about everything let alone you have to thinking about if you're eating farmed salmon or wild one and other little details like that... You'll miss out on your entire life if you keep stressing about food that much.. It's simply not worth it. Might be for some people who have bigger problems with allergies and intolerancies and inflammation but that's a long war to ride out let me tell you.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  wildtruffle Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Manoko - Ray Peat has said that the only valid protocol is to "perceive, think, act". He does not exclusively advocate a high-carb diet though he may have highlighted the fact that glucose is the cell's primary energy source. Whole communities of people have taken his anti-authoritarian/anti-dogmatism writings and tried to turn it into dogmatic prescriptions or protocols because people prefer to have protocols and prescriptions rather than have to "perceive, think, act." High carb diets can be just as damaging as high protein diets. I have been damaged on both. Re-read what i have already written before this reply as it addresses the exact conundrum you have found yourself in. If it doesn't make sense, i'd be happy to clarify.

wildtruffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next