Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

+4
imprisoned-radical
magic_gro
iuyyighghghgkh
Columbo
8 posters

Go down

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss Empty Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  Columbo Fri May 06, 2016 5:23 am

Fascinating piece...

http://www.dannyroddy.com/weblog/antihistaminebaldnessstress

Interestingly Quercetin, which a few folk have talked about on here, is a natural anti-histamine. Time to order some more apples, capers and onions

I like that he also ties together lots of things that, intuitively, I think I've suffered with that may have exacerbate my hair loss...

"A nontechnical way of viewing the problem might be that the balding person is perpetually experiencing the effects of a “winter metabolism,” or: a chronic light deficiency, lower vitamin D level, higher local levels of estrogen, histamine, cortisol, and prolactin, some degree of insulin resistance, hypertension, higher circulating free fatty acids, higher levels of the inflammatory prostaglandins, deranged calcium metabolism, and a reduced resting pulse rate and body temperature."

For example, I found myself estrogen sensitive (anything slightly estrogenic would make my nips itch lol). Or I started suffering from hayfever, which I never did before. My fasting blood sugar wasn't as sharp as it used to be. etc.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss Empty Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat May 07, 2016 10:33 am

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/67606-Idomethacin-as-a-Hair-Loss-Treatment

Idomethacin regrew this man's hair.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss Empty Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  magic_gro Thu May 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece...

Cimetidine is a competitive antagonist at the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptor, leading to exaggerated effects of estrogens. It is an antihistamine, but that is not the reason why it causes regrowth.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am

Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece...

Interestingly Quercetin, which a few folk have talked about on here, is a natural anti-histamine. Time to order some more apples, capers and onions

I like that he also ties together lots of things that, intuitively, I think I've suffered with that may have exacerbate my hair loss...

"A nontechnical way of viewing the problem might be that the balding person is perpetually experiencing the effects of a “winter metabolism,” or: a chronic light deficiency, lower vitamin D level, higher local levels of estrogen, histamine, cortisol, and prolactin, some degree of insulin resistance, hypertension, higher circulating free fatty acids, higher levels of the inflammatory prostaglandins, deranged calcium metabolism, and a reduced resting pulse rate and body temperature."

For example, I found myself estrogen sensitive (anything slightly estrogenic would make my nips itch lol). Or I started suffering from hayfever, which I never did before. My fasting blood sugar wasn't as sharp as it used to be. etc.

Eating one red onion everyday is probably as effective as any supplement that I've tried.

Even at doses available in food, quercetin is as effective an anti-depressant as commonly used pharmaceuticals:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20447436

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 am

^ Does it matter if you cook it?

I LOVE the taste and smell of cooked red onions.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat May 28, 2016 9:33 am

johndoe1225 wrote:^ Does it matter if you cook it?

I LOVE the taste and smell of cooked red onions.

I usually cut the onion in half, and bake it in the oven for about half an hour. It tastes good.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat May 28, 2016 9:39 am

Oh, I just put some olive oil in a pot, chop it into like 2 inch pieces and fry it.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat May 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Love red onion. Capers are super high in quercetin too ... roughly 10g of capers contains the same amount as in 100g of red onion

These are delicious https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Opies-Organic-Capers-in-Spirit-Vinegar/13943011
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sun May 29, 2016 4:52 am

https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-76

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun May 29, 2016 5:00 am

That's what I was afraid of.........Let's see if I can tolerate eating raw onions.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Sun May 29, 2016 6:53 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:That's what I was afraid of.........Let's see if I can tolerate eating raw onions.

i eat it every day as a salad.. just cut it and mix it with some green vegetable and lemon and ...wow it is delicious ...for hair regrowth may be topical garlic/onion can help.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon May 30, 2016 12:40 am

Oh yeah I can eat it like that, but I was talking about eating it like you'd eat an apple Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss Empty Topical onion...

Post  CampOfDavid Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am

long hair wrote:may be topical garlic/onion can help.

This man in the video below brought back his hair with topical garlic, onion and ACV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYusnB22Pc
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down