Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
L-Taurine Supplementation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

L-Taurine Supplementation

+2
CausticSymmetry
zerx
6 posters

Go down

L-Taurine Supplementation Empty L-Taurine Supplementation

Post  zerx Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:34 pm

IH what do you make of this amino acid? Is it necessary to take it as a supplement or can one get enough from for example whey protein? Also, what do you know about its reputed anti-fibrosis effect?

A few other supplements I'd like to know about and if you take them or took them before. How important to regrowth are Manganese and Boron? And what do you think is the best form of sub lingual B-12?
Finally, about the Toco-Sorb supplement, is it really all that better than other vitamin E supps and how might it help with regrowth.

zerx

Back to top Go down

L-Taurine Supplementation Empty Re: L-Taurine Supplementation

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:00 pm

zerx - Tocotrienols have 40-60 times the antioxidant power compared with alpha-tocopherol or Vitamin E. I take them as part of the multi (Ortho-Core).

The oil they are derived from (Palm oil) naturally inhibits 5-alpha reductase.

The best b12? There's several good ones, here is a nice one for the buck

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4461

Taurine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the body. Getting it through supplementation is a good idea when you're eating dangerous foods. Anytime I indulge, I pop a few Taurine Capsules and it does detoxify, so preventing the damage before it starts. As far as it's purported anti-fibrotic activity, I'm not sure but the studies are promising.

Boron is potentially helpful but not essential, in terms of its effects on estrogen and it's quite good for the prostate.

Manganese is recommended to take as part of your multi program, and it's antioxidant activity is quite valuable from a hair loss perspective.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks IH
I was trying to know the best form of B12 between Dibencozide Methylcobalamin Cyanocobalamin and Hydroxycobalamin.
Im guessing you go with methylcobalamin but Im wondering if you've considered the different forms and their pros and cons.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:37 pm

zerx wrote:Thanks IH
I was trying to know the best form of B12 between Dibencozide Methylcobalamin Cyanocobalamin and Hydroxycobalamin.
Im guessing you go with methylcobalamin but Im wondering if you've considered the different forms and their pros and cons.

Here is a little run down to my current understanding.

Cybanocobalmin is the starting block for both the methyl and dibencozide forms of B12.

Hydroxycobalamin is the same as cyanocobalamin except in its non toxic form.

Hydroxycobalamin is turned into methylcobalmin aswell as dibencozide. If you're B12 deficient you should be aware that just taking the methyl form is not enough and will not always take care of issues associated with anemias and low energy, but will help with CNS.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:06 pm

joejoe - so it comes down to supplementing Dibencozide and Methylcobalamin? If that is so I wonder why I havent seen any product that includes both of these together. If you know of one please let me know. Thanks.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:09 pm

zerx wrote:joejoe - so it comes down to supplementing Dibencozide and Methylcobalamin? If that is so I wonder why I havent seen any product that includes both of these together. If you know of one please let me know. Thanks.

I'm sure IH, or EIC can expand on this, but this is correct according to my understanding.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:49 pm

I know of two products that have both ingredients, one of them has fructose for flavoring, but this one here does not:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1470
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 am

Sorry for bumping this thread, I hope you don't mind too much... but I would like to share my experience with taurine.
Around the 15th of August I started drinking three-four cups of green tea each day (with a little lemon juice), but I couldn't really notice a significant difference in my hair loss, so I decided to add 500mg of taurine each day from middle October (better be safe than sorry, I thought).
Only three weeks later, my amount of hairs lost in the shower suddenly reduced to half of what it used to be, and it has remained like that until now! As you may understand from my nickname, I can quite easily notice a reduction of hair loss in the shower. 11" long hairs wrap themselves around your fingers, and even worse: clog the drain like f.... crazy, which hasn't happened now for weeks!
I also notice a difference in hairs lost during the day, when I 'comb' my fingers through my hair.

I don't know whether this is the effect of the green tea revealing its effects after two months, or the taurine, but I'll definitely keep taurine in my regime for the benefit of the doubt.
What effect taurine has for my temple recession has yet to be seen (left temple NW0.5 right temple NW1.5), but either way a significant reduction in hair loss tells it at least does something for me.

Sorry for imperfections in my English - it's not my native tongue. Smile

longhairedredhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 am

I think it's underated supplement... Never tried it with a pill, was regular green tea drinker, but never stop my hairloss with it, but it was always the time, when something was wrong in my regimen.

However here is something to debate...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 am

So Taurine really does something against TGF-beta induced fibrosis (would be awesome if it does)? The studies are only on rats asfaik Sad...Any personal observation?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down