Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol)

+13
FireFist
Misirlou
edony
tooyoung
LittleFighter
big mike
europe
Paradox
Project: JS
nidhogge
Gibson
CausticSymmetry
The Liberator
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) Empty whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol)

Post  The Liberator Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 am

When I first registered at Regrowth I didn't think I'd be posting for more than a day or 2 so I just used the beginning of my email as my handle (cello_miami@yahoo.com) but I always thought that the name was kind of stupid and regretted using it.

Now I'm The Liberator Smile.....has a nicer ring to it, hehe

Anyway, I just noticed that it's now in the ancillary part of the IH regimen so either I didn't notice it before or it's a new addition.

I Googled it and researched it and it does look OKAY, but I'm wondering what made you put it into your daily line up?

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) Empty Re: whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol)

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:40 am

Hey Cello (Liberator), Taurine is good for eating junk. It's also helpful for hair growth and protecting collagen against dietary insults.

I had Taurine in the ancillary list about a year and a half ago, maybe longer, but found it wasn't crucial.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol) Empty Re: whats up with Taurine? (I'm cello_miami, btw....lol)

Post  Gibson Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 pm

word on the street it is good for the liver. might not improve your cello chops. but might help you detox from the blues.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Liberator Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:19 am

well then I think I'll ere on the side of less is more and take a pass...my pantry already looks like GNC, lol.

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 am

You know what I love about my pills? Great talking point for any friends or girls that come over. They see the kitchen table full of laser helmet material, and then to the left is a shelving unit, one of which is completely consumed by supplements. LOL.

I take a few g of Taurine each day.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 am

Nid, thats an awesome perspective.. I've noticed that people are generally interested in talking about health. Im constantly getting questions asked to me by my roommates and buddies esp when they see some of the positive results I’m having – I do my best to answer but I find I’m always referring them to this site.

But I’ve never thought about showing off the supplement stash or talking about this stuff w/ girls I bring over.. But hey if its something that you’re pretty knowledgeable about and comfortable with, why not right? It does seem like my friends find it interesting as hell.

One thing I’ve noticed is people -even very smart, highly educated people- can only handle so much info at a time (at least when delivered verbally).. With my buddies anyway I noticed that esp if they are fairly new to the whole non-conventional medicine scene it will pretty much blow their mind when I start getting into everything and they sort of become "frozen" in thought and unable to process any additional information. Thats when I write down IH's site for them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:13 am

Oops earlier I forgot to include what I originally wanted to write about..

Taurine - from my own experience I found Taurine to be an excellent addition to my supp regimen. In fact right now its one of my favorite supplements. For me it seems to have relaxing effects on my mind at night and in addition it has powerful detox effects: I will drink heavily on the rare occasions I have time to go out and party / hit the bars, and when I'm taking Taurine I barely notice the effects the next day. Without it my hangovers feel like I’ve been hit w/ a truck, and are frequently accompanied by anxiety and nausea. These effects seem to be significantly reduced when I'm taking Taurine. I'll take 1 gram at night before bed, 1 or 2 grams in the morning after one of those nights, .5 gram at lunch, .5 gram at dinner. It seems to do wonders for the liver and I feel like it settles the mind and helps w/ relaxation, at least in my own experience.

Cello, even if you never touch alcohol I still would recommend to you to try a bottle of it as it seems to have positive effects on the liver and mind. I researched it quite a bit and from what I've read, I think it can only help. Its a pretty small investment to try it out - if it doesn’t make you feel better don't mess with it again. Anyway, thats my 2 cents, hope that helps.

Or you can just keep the bottle around to show off to the ladies nidhogge-style haha jk

Oh and two of my friends are on it and have had similar postive experiences w/ it.

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:48 am

Taurine is definitely amazing stuff, I highly recommend it. And, LoL JS, I smirked when you mentioned how even highly educated people will get overloaded with information if you keep hammering them with it...I can't tell you how many times that I've encountered this roadblock. You have to really, really dumb it down for folks if you want them to be interested (particularly girls, short attention spans as it is). I'll just be like "Yep, here are my steroids" and their eyes widen and then I'll laugh and simplify it. Sometimes a good conversational point is to mention that you use it for anti-aging, and point to Fibroboost and explain how it has the ability to stop wrinkle formation, and how Krill Oil's great for skin. Just a couple things here and there, anything more and the eyes get glazed over. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:17 pm

LOL, so true!

Most people can only handle the "bullet point" style explanation. I like to go with the anti-aging, this stuff here taken together will increase lifespan maybe 30% and this stuff here will keep my skin from wrinkling and this here--I say, well I could go on forever--you get the idea.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:18 pm

I like Taurine for the "cheating factor," if I load up on anything bad, Taurine gives me a detoxification reaction--very smooth the next day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:46 pm

You know what is funny? You can take a million vitamins but if a girls sees a bottle of ssri's or benzos she may freak out.

Damn Nidhogge, you have balls of steal! "Yes that is just my sustenon and deca to help prevent muscle wasting due to the immense amount of time I spend building helmets with lasers in them for bald guys. They work I swear! Remember when I told you on the phone that my mom walked in on me discovering my manhood when I was ten and we laughed forever...well I was wearing my laser helmet then believe it or not. These are my supplements to keep my skin young and supple like a babies ass. A good moisturizer is just essential with my combination skin. This is the best quality whey I have ever had. I have a bad case of IBS and it's the only one that doesn't give me the most wretched gas. Over there? Oh that is just a picture someone took of me getting beat up by a girl in the 9th grade, and yes the tears are real. So this was a great first date...I hope we can do it again sometime soon."

Man... I wish I had your kind of honesty and ability to lay it all out like that! I thought I was too honest! Have you ever wondered why you are so open to being potentially judged by others and not caring, but when it comes to your hair you are obsessed (like we all are) with keeping it? Why not just apply the I don't give a S what you think attitude to your hair as well? Or maybe you do? It's crazy how we all have our hangups. One person's worst fear could be the most trivial BS to someone else lol. I'm sure you've been on body building forums before and read someone talking about, "What is the big deal with hair? Who cares, just shave your head. I hate having to get haircuts anyway because it cuts into my gym time. Now pass me a shot of dianabol."

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:59 am

IH--

Man, that explanation that you give folks is almost WORD-FOR-WORD what I use...even the +30% increase in lifespan. *grin*

JH--

Dude, you had me cracking up there, that was hilarious! LOL.

The reason I can't ever just accept my hairloss is just because I hate losing due to giving up. I can lose and be cool with it, but not if it's knowing for a fact that I could have done better if I had just put more effort in. I look at hairloss like that as well, effort in = result out.

In my experience, BB.com boardmembers are pretty damned vain, particularly on hair when it comes to using products that affect hormones (illegal or legal). Some guys don't give a crap and that's fine; I'm actually envious of them. I know a guy that is pretty damned bald and has been since his teen years yet he gets mad hot chicks. I almost got his ex. Almost. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 am

nidhogge wrote:IH--

I almost got his ex. Almost. Wink

Horseshoes and hand grenades! Haha JK man.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Taurine seems like an obvious addition for detox benefit because it is effective and it is dirt cheap. I have backed off of my pricey milk thistle supplement thanks to taurine. good stuff.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:09 pm

I agree with Gibson, Taurine really gives a good bang for the buck/dollar/euro and it appears to be consistent.

Anytime I eat junk, I get the detox thanks to the taurine.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:41 am

a reaction to that old post....

what do you think about that ? effective or not ? :

L-TAURINE - L-taurine is an amino acid that when used orally at doses greater than 500 mg. acts as anti-fibrotic agent (inhibits the inflammatoin mediated hardening or ridgification of the hair follicle matrix), thus addressing the primary mechanism of the gradual follicle miniturization seen in MPB, L'Oreal recently obtained a patent for oral hair growth compound that simply combined L-Taurine with Grapeseed/red wine extract(resveratrol), and marine esscential fatty acids. In data submited by L'Oreal in their patent application, topical L-Taurine was found to be ineffective for hair growth.

Directions: 1 capsule (1000 mg.), daily.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm

From everything I've read, I'm surprised more people don't use Taurine to fight hair loss.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269

big mike

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

I take 2 grams a day, in divided doses.

I do this to replicate L'Oreal patent (taurine mainly used as an anti-fibrotic agent) and for the same reasons other people have been giving here, like detox, antiox support, etc.

It's cheap.

Collin C, Gautier B, Gaillard O, Hallegot P, Chabane S, Bastien P, Peyron M, Bouleau M, Thibaut S, Pruche F, Duranton A, Bernard BA

L'Oréal Recherche, Clichy, France.

Comment: Taurine is a naturally occurring beta-amino acid produced by methionine and cysteine metabolism. It is involved in a variety of physiological functions, including immunomodulatory and antifibrotic. Taking advantage of the ability of human hair follicle grown in vitro to recapitulate most of the characteristic features of normal hair follicle in vivo, we studied (i) taurine uptake by isolated human hair follicles; (ii) its effects on hair growth and survival rate; and (iii) its protective potential against transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, an inhibitor of in vitro hair growth and a master switch of fibrotic program. We showed that taurine was taken up by the connective tissue sheath, proximal outer root sheath and hair bulb, promoted hair survival in vitro and prevented TGF-beta1-induced deleterious effects on hair follicle.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Have you had any results with it?

big mike

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm

big mike wrote:Have you had any results with it?

Mike,

To be honest, I took Taurine for maybe 3 weeks a few months ago, then stopped. I did this because at some point I wanted to carefully control each supplement I was taking and evaluate them to see if they provided any benefit or bad effect. Since I had dysbiosis and Leaky Gut, I really needed to do that so I wouldn't feel like hell due to detox. Now I'm much better. After that, I just forgot to keep taking it

I just resumed taking Taurine, been on it for almost 1 month now, so obviously is too soon to tell! I'm using a much higher dose of everything in the patented forumula.

Based on the patent and research, I firmly believe it will provide great benefits to my hair and health. Like I said, it's inexpensive too.

Maybe it would be interesting to experiment with higher doses of Taurine... 4 grams or more, to protect against the destructive fibrosis or hardening of the hair follicle... Wink
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

thanks Little Fighter, I think I'm going to start taking 3 or 4 grams a daytoo. Also does anyone know if there is any harm in taking large amounts of Taurine while taking Jarrow's ToxGuard?

big mike

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 pm

big mike wrote:thanks Little Fighter, I think I'm going to start taking 3 or 4 grams a daytoo. Also does anyone know if there is any harm in taking large amounts of Taurine while taking Jarrow's ToxGuard?

I think there shouldn't be any bad interaction at all, on the contrary, it should complement the other supplement. All I've researched states that Taurine is very safe. The only thing I've found is that it could increase stomach acid production when taken on an empty stomach, but I haven't found any real evidence that confirms this (studies or user experiences) so far.

So far I've been taking 2 grams with food, 1 gram with breakfast and the other one
with dinner, with no problems at all. Taurine should reduce anxiety, something I welcome for sure (I'm taking other stuff that also helps in this area though) and I've been experiencing.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am

nidhogge wrote:IH--

Man, that explanation that you give folks is almost WORD-FOR-WORD what I use...even the +30% increase in lifespan. *grin*

What is that, that you take to increase lifespan?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 pm

LittleFighter wrote:
big mike wrote:thanks Little Fighter, I think I'm going to start taking 3 or 4 grams a daytoo. Also does anyone know if there is any harm in taking large amounts of Taurine while taking Jarrow's ToxGuard?

I think there shouldn't be any bad interaction at all, on the contrary, it should complement the other supplement. All I've researched states that Taurine is very safe. The only thing I've found is that it could increase stomach acid production when taken on an empty stomach, but I haven't found any real evidence that confirms this (studies or user experiences) so far.

So far I've been taking 2 grams with food, 1 gram with breakfast and the other one
with dinner, with no problems at all. Taurine should reduce anxiety, something I welcome for sure (I'm taking other stuff that also helps in this area though) and I've been experiencing.

LittleFighter-

increasing stomach acid is supposedly a good thing as it serves for better nutrient absorption and minimizes indigestion.In another post you recommend taking betaine HCL w every meal for better absorption.High stomach acid in non-meal times is a bad thing?
And are you sure Taurine -as being a free amino acid- is properly absorbed when taken w food?Doesn't it need preferably empty stomach?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:56 am

any suggestions of cheap and effective taurine supps from iherb?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next