Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp

+17
Zaphod
young trunks
Organism
bov51
fghjfghj
stanis
Brabus
SonofOdin
hairderp
Keanoseg
CausticSymmetry
Odysseus
hiilikeyourbeard
NYJets
iuyyighghghgkh
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 Empty Re: I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:58 am

fghjfghj wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:ignore my previous ramblings

after re-reading hair like a fox, "calcification" is not calcium

it is myxedema , aka Mucopolysaccharides  aka glycosaminoglycans

myxedema is a dry, waxy type of swelling  with abnormal deposits of mucin in the skin . like a cholesterol wax, caused by low thyroid.

It isn't calcium. although k2 is a great supplement.

to dissolve  myxedema , lugols is the best thing.

Interesting thesis.

- How did you come up with it? Where did you get the connection that the swelling, we are witnessing is a myxedema?

- Is your hypothesis, that the deposites we have are LIKE myxedema, or do you want to say, that they ARE myxedema (I'm asking, because myxodema is a desease connected to thyroid - so it has to be healed that way / a deposit that is like myxedema, but not created by a thyroid disfunction could be healed other way)

- where did you get the connection between lugol and myxedema. Do you want to say, that we have a iodine deficiency (which I doubt)?

Thanks for your answers.

1) page 33 in hair like a fox. he mentions Mucopolysaccharides aka glycosaminoglycans which I believe is myxedema
Yes, you could also have a build up of plaque/cholesterol/calcium but myxedema has to be considered too.

2) yes, I believe that myxedema accumulates under the scalp. Not calcium or even artery plaque.

3) Because myxedema is caused by low thyroid function and lugol's or fixing the thyroid would reduce the myxedema .
Also, clearing arterial plaque can be done with lysine/vitamin c, but Linus Pauling who took massive amounts of both was bald.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 Empty Re: I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:29 am

http://www.jcrows.com/hypothyroidism.html

Look at those pictures

I think I know how to remove calcification from the scalp - Page 3 Hypothyroidismafter3

what could be blocking the hair from growing properly

is not "calcium"
is not even arterial plaque

but swelling, edema , aka glycosaminoglycans , aka mucin

However, normal thyroid function will in-advertently reduce calcification anyway and arterial plaque.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 pm

http://hairevo.com/shop/view-all-products/16-decalcify.html

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:06 am

like I said

it is both

d3 / k2 is good
vitamin c too
iodine/selenium also excellent

but I don't believe that there is literally calcium in the scalp blocking off hair growth. I don't.

It is something else. My guess it is a thyroid-related swelling that stops hair growing.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:16 am

I think thyroid is key to hair loss and getting all your nutrients in.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:07 am

boogv510 wrote:I think thyroid is key to hair loss and getting all your nutrients in.

Yes, also would add all of the glands in some situations need a boost.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 am

Ok so, I don't think iodine alone is going to fix your thyroid but helps...

If you're eating dairy, eggs, fish, and salt you should be getting some iodine, at least not being completely deficient.

Be aware that Bromine in pesticides, or as additives in breads, citrus drinks etc competes against iodine in the thyroid.

Fluoride also depletes iodine in the body. So getting enough iodine should help protect against fluoride toxicity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3890436/

Yeah it's important to be getting enough but you don't need to be supplementing with huge doses. There are other factors that have a equal amount or greater impact on thyroid health with the kind of food intake or lack of.

Too much iodine is toxic to the thyroid as well..

Hashitmos hypothyroidism can be reversed with restricting iodine. So excess iodine may play a role aggravating autoimmunity. http://www.eymj.org/Synapse/Data/PDFData/0069YMJ/ymj-44-227.pdf

Maybe because iodine it's not balanced with selenium.. Selenium to the rescue again..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20453397?dopt=AbstractPlus

So taking enough selenium is protective against iodine toxicity.. For those who are supplementing iodine might be a good idea to be aware of selenium in the diet, and one brazil nut is more than enough for %DV..

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 am

Entropy wrote:Ok so, I don't think iodine alone is going to fix your thyroid but helps...

If you're eating dairy, eggs, fish, and salt you should be getting some iodine, at least not being completely deficient.

Be aware that Bromine in pesticides, or as additives in breads, citrus drinks etc competes against iodine in the thyroid.

Fluoride also depletes iodine in the body. So getting enough iodine should help protect against fluoride toxicity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3890436/

Yeah it's important to be getting enough but you don't need to be supplementing with huge doses. There are other factors that have a equal amount or greater impact on thyroid health with the kind of food intake or lack of.

Too much iodine is toxic to the thyroid as well..

Hashitmos hypothyroidism can be reversed with restricting iodine. So excess iodine may play a role aggravating autoimmunity. http://www.eymj.org/Synapse/Data/PDFData/0069YMJ/ymj-44-227.pdf

Maybe because iodine it's not balanced with selenium.. Selenium to the rescue again..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20453397?dopt=AbstractPlus

So taking enough selenium is protective against iodine toxicity.. For those who are supplementing iodine might be a good idea to be aware of selenium in the diet, and one brazil nut is more than enough for %DV..

the pictures say it all

http://www.jcrows.com/hypothyroidism.html

And danny roddy also implicated in his book that the so called calcification under the scalp, may actually be swelling instead, mucin. and from looking at those pictures, it makes sense

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah the results are astonishing with just thyroid gland supplementation.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

however

normal thyroid function WILL reduce calcification naturally.

even though I have never believed that small granule bits of calcium in your scalp are causing hair loss

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:32 am

The part about iodine and Hashimoto's is and has been proven false. I've spent the better part of ten years combating this misinformation.

First of all TSH is a lousy measure and clinicians should not know better not to rely on it.

2nd, 6-months of iodine causes a transient increase in TSH, but it is not clinically significant. In fact, what is happening is all together different than what is taught in medical school (they are 50 years behind the times or more).

3rd: People with Hashimoto's often need significantly more iodine than the average person. This is verified by testing.

more info here:

Can Iodine cause Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases?
According to Dr. Guy Abraham, former professor of obstetrics, gynecology, and endocrinology at UCLA School of Medicine, the answer to this is "No." An autoimmune thyroid condition cannot be caused by inorganic iodide unless first combined with toxic halides (i.e. fluoride, bromide, chloride), which are goitrogenic substances that can exacerbate an iodine deficiency. Goitrogens are substances that suppress the function of the thyroid gland by interfering with iodine uptake.

The following is only a cursory explanation of how an autoimmune thyroid problem may manifest; a more thorough one can be found in Dr. David Brownstein's book, Iodine, why you need it, why you cannot live without it.

In order to create autoimmune thyroiditis in laboratory animals, anti-thyroid drugs and/or goitrogens must be administered along with iodine. The main problem is that insufficient dietary iodine allows these goitrogens to block iodine activity, and subsequently thyroid hormone which cannot be made without sufficient iodine.

When there is sufficient iodine in the body, it can produce iodinated lipids, which help protect against an autoimmune thyroid disorder. The problem today is that iodine consumption is so low, combined with our exposure to numerous toxic halides, that iodine may not be in adequate supply to produce iodinated lipids. In fact, it can require up to 100 times the RDA of iodine to produce these lipids. Some individuals with fibromyalgia require dosages of up to 100mg per day for benefits.

When there is an inadequate supply of iodine (iodide) for the thyroid gland, at the same time iodine binding sites are blocked (by competitive inhibition of iodine) by toxic halides (goitrogens), this is believed to activate the thyroid peroxydase (TPO) system through elevated TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). In turn, insufficient levels of iodinated lipids, combined with insufficient levels of magnesium can result in excess production of hydrogen peroxide.

Essentially the level of hydrogen peroxide is well above normal due to lack of a feedback system. When working properly, this feedback system acts as a "brake" to shut off excess hydrogen peroxide and keep it from causing damage to thyroid peroxydase (TPO) and thyroglobulin.

The damage to TPO and thyroglobulin elicits an autoimmune reaction via the production of antibodies, creating damage to thyroid cells and resulting in potential Hashimoto's or Grave's disease.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Thanks CS, makes me want to do more research on Iodine and experiment..

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:22 am

What dosage of Iodine do I start at

I have kelp right now des local stores sell lugol?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:19 am

Most long term sellers on ebay have enough reputation to buy from them lugols. I even contacted one to make me more potent solution. Iosol is also a good starting point, but costs a bit more.

Strongly suggest starting slowly, maybe with amounts smaller than 1mg, even if nothing happens in a few days. Then upper the dosage to whatever it feels ok for you. Older threads cover well the whole protocol. Strongly dis-advise using lugols alone, regardless of the dosage, even if in the beginning you may feel nothing but warmth. Specially magnesium gets depleted rather quickly in the upper dosage..

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 am

maybe use iodoral

much easier than toxic tasting lugols

However, I must mention that using iodine/selenium are highly frowned upon if you follow a ray peat diet.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:55 am

I would say iodine/selenium combo safer than iodine alone. I supplement a few mcgs of iodine when I haven't been eating seafood along with brazil nuts.

--

Reading an article lipid peroxidation by Andrew Kim

"Free fatty acids and squalene are major lipids that make up sebum.  Squalene is highly unsaturated in structure and highly susceptible to peroxidation and photodegradation.  The byproducts, squalene peroxides, promote acne, roughening of skin, and wrinkling.5,6 The free fatty acids, when polyunsaturated, degenerate to promote the peroxidation of nearby lipids, including squalene, whereas saturated fats do not."

"Oils applied to the skin are readily metabolized, and investigations in which oils are applied to skin cells have provided insights into the role of different lipids in the pathophysiology of skin-related disorders—including acne.  Applying unsaturated fatty acids to the skin, for instance, almost instantly causes skin cells to take up calcium.7 This influx of calcium leads to abnormal keratinization in follicles and, subsequently, the plugging of pores, encouraging acne development. "

more
http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/06/lipid-peroxidation-acne-and-complexity.html?m=1

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:34 am

Back to topic.

I got my appointment for cupping this wednesday. I will tell you guys if something changes regarding hair, scalp health..

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:10 pm

well, from my previous posts, I did actually disown and abandon this idea because I was completely wrong

however, it can increase circulation to the scalp which is certainly good

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 pm

OK forget about this cupping thing. Other than pain it didnt do much to my scalp and back.

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:40 am

It can help, yes.

but it is not a long term solution

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:17 am

Far far better, than anything I have said, and I admit a lot of it may be rubbish, would be to go back to basics,

silica and MSM, with vitamin c, maybe lysine/taurine too.

This is a fantastic silica supplement, http://www.vitacost.com/eidon-ionic-minerals-joint-support-liquid-concentrate

And I have tried many

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 am

Silica is good. I started experimenting with it as early 1999. On and off. I never really noticed anything until I started to use it for much longer periods.

More data came out after 2007 and '09. Some people may notice little if their diet is rich in it. For me it appears to help.
It's nice for the skin and according to a two studies performed on women, it did improve the hair quality.

I use this brand a lot, although it usually runs of stock quickly. Value wise it's nice.

http://www.iherb.com/World-Organic-Silica-500-200-Tablets/6846?=hil335

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:17 am

People need the silica co factors, and to take a lot of it

Eidon liquid silica is 325mg per serving.

It must be taken with vitamin c or it cannot and will not work, and i think this is the problem.
perhaps lysine/msm too as optional add ons.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:59 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:People need the silica co factors, and to take a lot of it

Eidon liquid silica is 325mg per serving.

It must be taken with vitamin c or it cannot and will not work, and i think this is the problem.
perhaps lysine/msm too as optional add ons.

It's a bit the other way around. Silica is a mineral transporter (similar to sulfur). Actually there are 3 primary mineral transporters (iodine, silica and sulfur). In other words without enough of one of these, other minerals do not work as well or become shuttled. Magnesium also has a bit of a relationship to this also.

That said though, vitamin C is a bit of a "fixer" so it can activate function. So on the whole in spirit I think you are right. Also vitamin C is a collagen activator too.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:21 am

I am now going to experiment by not taking vitamin d , but just taking vitamin k2.

Vitamin d may also deplete magnesium in some people
I don't eel it works for me.

"And calcification tends to hit soft tissue, especially TENDONS... where it builds up... like the tendons connecting the shoulder and arm... or THE GALEA!! ON YOUR HEAD "

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next