Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous?

2 posters

Go down

An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? Empty An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous?

Post  mistyisland Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:12 am

Does anyone know anything about teprenone? I saw that people were raving about the products that contained it, and so I made my own. It's pretty amazing stuff, but it's banned in Japan, and they invented it! I started to do some research on why, and just couldn't assimilate all of the information. Something about inducing heat shock proteins.

Could this stuff be bad for your skin? My understanding of what they said is that heat shock proteins show up when the DNA has been irreversibly damaged. Because if this is true, I'm sunk. I've been using it as a body lotion (along with fractioned coconut oil) and it has taken at least 5 years off my skin in about a week. I had even thought about putting it on my scalp to see if it could help with hair growth.

Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? Empty Re: An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous?

Post  runnerup Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:56 am

It was a gastrointestinal drug in Japan for increasing mucus called geranylgeranylacetone. Seems like it made it's way out as a cosmetic ingredient around 2010? There doesn't seem to be any conversation about negative results but a lot of warnings like:

Geranylgeranylacetone is a very potent chemical that induces naturally made molecules inside cells (from bacteria to human) called heat shock proteins (HSP’s). It effects several classes of these, including HSP 70 and 90 families. The stress-inducible chaperone heat shock protein (HSP) 70 is considered a danger signal if released into the extracellular environment. It has been proposed to play a role in the pathogenesis of skin diseases such as psoriasis and lupus erythematosus (Exp Dermatol. 2011 Aug;20(Cool:637-41). Hsp70 has been found to act as a recognition structure for natural killer (NK) cells in the body. (Int J Hyperthermia. 2009 May;25(3):169-75.). Cells transformed by Hsp70 are tagged as senescent and targeted for destruction by our indwelling immune system assassins, killer T cells.

Geranylgeranylacetone induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) and cell cycle arrest as well as cell growth inhibition (Oncogene. 2001 May 24;20(23):2927-36). This is quite likely why it slows down fibroblasts in culture (prolonging their life, by making them a lot less active). This drug may have anti-cancer effects for these very reasons. But as an anti-aging strategy, it lacks logic. Even if it does make fibroblasts in the skin live longer, it slows down the production of matrix proteins (like collagen) which would accelerate the signs of aging.

Even searching under the still sold(even at Nordstroms.com) brand name "Osmotics Renovage", I can't find any horror stories so if you're concerned, I doubt you've caused any damage.

runnerup

Back to top Go down

An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous? Empty Re: An unbelievable wrinkle remover but could it be dangerous?

Post  mistyisland Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 am

Hmm. That was one article that I did not find. Thanks, runner-up. I don't like that it slows down collagen production, so I wonder how it gives such instant results to your skin? And I do mean instant! I think I will keep using it. Yes, Renovage bought up all the rights. Evidently they didn't do any studies since they owned all of the rights anyway. You can't even take a cream that contains teprenone to Japan with you, or so I read on the website where I purchased it. I just wish I had more info.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down