Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
ACV seems pretty good EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
ACV seems pretty good EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
ACV seems pretty good EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
ACV seems pretty good EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
ACV seems pretty good EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
ACV seems pretty good EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
ACV seems pretty good EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
ACV seems pretty good EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
ACV seems pretty good EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ACV seems pretty good

+5
lund
j87x
huli
crysanthium
fender89
9 posters

Go down

ACV seems pretty good Empty ACV seems pretty good

Post  fender89 Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Remember a guy came on saying apple cider vinegar stopped or atleast slowed down his hairloss? well he wasn't lying.

I've been taking about 6 or more tablespoons perday (not sure cause i just about 1/5 to a 1/4 of a glasss. I've been taking it for nearly 2 months , and ever since i started taking it, my hairloss has seriously reduced/stopped. Like, Somedays i havn't washed my hair for a few days, and normally in that case when i brush my hand through my hair and pull i should have a shitload of hairs, but i don't. Most of the time, none at all! I stopped using minox about 2-3 weeks ago and no shed or anything from it. Time will tell if i shed all the minox hairs i donno.

I also use megatek rebuilder shampoo (which is for horses lol) Not sure if that's doing anything but ya never know. It could actually be one of the other right?

That is all i use to treat hairloss at the minute. Must say it's a great feeling not having to put gunk in my hair!

Anyway, a month and a half is early days i guess, but i've been noticing reduced hairfall and overall thickness recently so just thought i'd share. I'll update in a month. At the rate my hair was thinning, it should be noticably declining, but it dosn't seem to be! In 2-3 months i will post pics.

As i said, i quit minox so like, if all my hair sheds and i go bald, i'll just upade the thread telling ya all that lol.

Ps i also don't touch dairy and try to avoid white flour. I eat lots of chicken etc though, and brown bread. Not an entirely strict diet. Just no whiteflour or dairy.

fender89

Back to top Go down

ACV seems pretty good Empty Re: ACV seems pretty good

Post  crysanthium Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey Fender,

How do you take your ACV? With baking soda or just in water? I tried it in water and found that my teeth got sensitive... im not sure if it would be as effective with baking soda... your experience?

I've tried a few things to avoid getting it on my teeth..chugging it and using a straw...but my teeth get contact with it either way.

crysanthium

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 am

I just take it with water, like fill the glass right up with water so that it's diluted. Absolutely horid taste and i still flinch before i take it lol.

try:

- drinking it as fast as possible (you're gonna want to anyway cause it's disgusting (in my opinion.)
- after drinking, swish water around your mouth multiple times, and spit out
- and as i said, make sure it's nicely diluted with water ( I could never stomach it undiluted anyway )

At my next dentist appointment, i'll tell you what my dentist thinks lol. Last time i went apparently my teeth were "perfect." lol. That was before ACV so.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:48 am

and yeah i suppose you could use a straw but that would be torture haha No even with a straw it got on your teeth?

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 am

I just put some in a glass and drink it like a shot. It's not too bad and you get used to it. I think very little gets on my teeth but nonetheless I quickly and thoroughly rinse mouth out with clean water from another glass.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am

Does anyone know how many ACV capsules equal a tblspn of liquid ACV? The capsules are certainly more convenient, is there evidence that they are not as good as the liquid form, and reasons why?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 am

Apparently, it's the "mother" extract in the apple cider vinegar that is essential. Not sure the capsules have that man.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 pm

fender89 wrote:Apparently, it's the "mother" extract in the apple cider vinegar that is essential. Not sure the capsules have that man.

Not sure what you mean by mother extract? I thought it was just a powdered form evaporated without the water.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

capsules are generally not recommended - when it opens up in your stomach there is a lot of concentrate that gets dislodged at a time and can damage the linining there. THis is what I had read earlier.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:18 pm

it's like a weby like substance that is in the apple cider vineger. not all acv's have it, so that's why you have to make sure the ACV says "with mother", Yeah sounds abit silly really lol. I donno if the tablets have that.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  crysanthium Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey Fender,

Just curious if you notice any other effects from taking the ACV?

crysanthium

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOne Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:08 pm

I take ACV for stomach bloating with almost instant relief, capsules don`t work for me.

Since I cannot stand the taste, I fill 8 empty gel caps using a dropper and swallow them.
TheOne
TheOne

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm

can't say i've noticed any other effects. and the hair thing might not even be 100% yet. Might be me wishful thinking. As i said, will give it a few more months!

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 am

Fender, did you have scalp inflammation before starting ACV?. If so how has ACV dealt with this?.

Apple Cider Vinegar Attenuates Lipid Profile in Normal and Diabetic Rats

F. Shishehbor, A. Mansoori, A.R. Sarkaki, M.T. Jalali and S.M. Latifi

ABSTRACT

In this study, the effect of apple cider vinegar on Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG), glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c) and lipid profile in normal and diabetic rats was investigated. Diabetes was induced in male Wistar rats (300±30 g) by the intraperitoneal injection of streptozotocin (60 mg kg-1 of body weight). Both normal and diabetic animals were fed with standard animal food containing apple cider vinegar (6% w/w) for 4 weeks. Fasting blood glucose did not change, while HbA1c significantly decreased by apple cider vinegar in diabetic group (p<0.05). In normal rats fed with vinegar, significant reduction of low density lipoprotein-cholesterol (LDL-c) (p<0.005) and significant increase of high density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-c) levels (p<0.005) were observed. Apple cider vinegar also reduced serum triglyceride (TG) levels (p<0.005) and increased HDL-c (p<0.005) in diabetic animals. These results indicate that apple cider vinegar improved the serum lipid profile in normal and diabetic rats by decreasing serum TG, LDL-c and increasing serum HDL-c and may be of great value in managing the diabetic complications.

http://scialert.net/fulltext/?doi=pjbs.2008.2634.2638

Since apple cider vinegar is a liquid that contains a high acid content, the liquid should not be consumed before it is diluted with water or juice. The liquid can be sweetened to your preference by using honey or a sweetener.

Apple cider vinegar can also be added to different dishes while cooking so that it can be safely consumed. An individual can use 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, sweetened with 1 tbsp. of sugar or honey in an 8 oz. glass of juice or water; this beverage can be made and consumed several times throughout the day.

The potassium in apple cider vinegar is cited as a natural blood thinner. This mineral is capable of breaking down fats and proteins that might otherwise cause one's blood to thicken. In artery health, the potassium allows for the easier passage of blood through the arteries and improves the circulatory processes.

The breakdown of fats also lowers the amount of material in one's body the clogs that arteries in the first place. Potassium also softens the tissues that comprise the arteries therefore increasing their elasticity. Additional advantages include reduced issues with hypertension and a diminished risk of stroke or heart attack.

The pectin and amino acids in apple cider vinegar are a natural defense against low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL). This form of cholesterol associated with a high risk of atherosclerosis and the development of atheromatous plaque; the plaque causes the arteries to become hard and to clog.

Apple Cider Vinegar contains pectin that absorbs LDL cholesterol as well as fats so that the materials can be eliminated from the body through natural excretion processes. Amino acids also serve as oxidizers of LDL cholesterol.

Consumption of apple cider vinegar lends to a natural increase in nitric oxide; this product stops the production of a hormone known as angiotensin II which forces vessels and arteries to become narrower and to constrict. This is another circulatory benefit identified in the consumption of this variant of vinegar.

Malic and tartaric acids are in apple cider vinegar; these acids help break down different foods for improved digestion and therefore reduce the number of unnecessary fats in the body responsible for high cholesterol levels. These acids also ease circulatory processes, making the work of the arteries easier. The acids in apple cider vinegar also aid in minimizing your triglyceride levels.

Vinegar supplementation lowers glucose and insulin responses and increases satiety after a bread meal in healthy subjects.

Ostman E, Granfeldt Y, Persson L, Björck I.

Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition, Lund University, Lund, Sweden. Elin.Ostman@inl.ith.se
Abstract

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the potential of acetic acid supplementation as a means of lowering the glycaemic index (GI) of a bread meal, and to evaluate the possible dose-response effect on postprandial glycaemia, insulinaemia and satiety.

SUBJECTS AND SETTING: In all, 12 healthy volunteers participated and the tests were performed at Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden.

INTERVENTION: Three levels of vinegar (18, 23 and 28 mmol acetic acid) were served with a portion of white wheat bread containing 50 g available carbohydrates as breakfast in randomized order after an overnight fast. Bread served without vinegar was used as a reference meal. Blood samples were taken during 120 min for analysis of glucose and insulin. Satiety was measured with a subjective rating scale.

RESULTS: A significant dose-response relation was seen at 30 min for blood glucose and serum insulin responses; the higher the acetic acid level, the lower the metabolic responses. Furthermore, the rating of satiety was directly related to the acetic acid level. Compared with the reference meal, the highest level of vinegar significantly lowered the blood glucose response at 30 and 45 min, the insulin response at 15 and 30 min as well as increased the satiety score at 30, 90 and 120 min postprandially. The low and intermediate levels of vinegar also lowered the 30 min glucose and the 15 min insulin responses significantly compared with the reference meal. When GI and II (insulinaemic indices) were calculated using the 90 min incremental area, a significant lowering was found for the highest amount of acetic acid, although the corresponding values calculated at 120 min did not differ from the reference meal.

CONCLUSION: Supplementation of a meal based on white wheat bread with vinegar reduced postprandial responses of blood glucose and insulin, and increased the subjective rating of satiety. There was an inverse dose-response relation between the level of acetic acid and glucose and insulin responses and a linear dose-response relation between acetic acid and satiety rating. The results indicate an interesting potential of fermented and pickled products containing acetic acid.

Cardiovascular Effects
Kondo and colleagues[30] reported a significant reduction in systolic blood pressure (approximately 20 mm Hg) in spontaneously hypertensive (SHR) rats fed a standard laboratory diet mixed with either vinegar or an acetic acid solution (approximately 0.86 mmol acetic acid/day for 6 weeks) as compared with SHR rats fed the same diet mixed with deionized water. These observed reductions in systolic blood pressure were associated with reductions in both plasma renin activity and plasma aldosterone concentrations (35% to 40% and 15% to 25% reductions in renin activity and aldosterone concentrations, respectively, in the experimental vs control SHR rats). Others have reported that vinegar administration (approximately 0.57 mmol acetic acid, orally) inhibited the renin-angiotensin system in nonhypertensive Sprague-Dawley rats.[31]

[...]

Antitumor Activity
In vitro, sugar cane vinegar (Kibizu) induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells,[36] and a traditional Japanese rice vinegar (Kurosu) inhibited the proliferation of human cancer cells in a dose-dependent manner.[37] An ethyl acetate extract of Kurosu added to drinking water (0.05% to 0.1% w/v) significantly inhibited the incidence (−60%) and multiplicity (−50%) of azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis in male F344 rats when compared with the same markers in control animals.[38] In a separate trial, mice fed a rice-shochu vinegar-fortified feed (0.3% to 1.5% w/w) or control diet were inoculated with sarcoma 180 (group 1) or colon 38 (group 2) tumor cells (2 × 106 cells subcutaneously).[39] At 40 days post-inoculation, vinegar-fed mice in both experimental groups had significantly smaller tumor volumes when compared with their control counterparts. A prolonged life span due to tumor regression was also noted in the mice ingesting rice-shochu vinegar as compared with controls, and in vitro, the rice-shochu vinegar stimulated natural killer cell cytotoxic activity.[39]

The antitumor factors in vinegar have not been identified. In the human colonic adenocarcinoma cell line Caco-2, acetate treatment, as well as treatment with the other short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) n-butyrate and propionate, significantly prolonged cell doubling time, promoted cell differentiation, and inhibited cell motility.[40] Because bacterial fermentation of dietary fiber in the colon yields the SCFA, the investigators concluded that the antineoplastic effects of dietary fiber may relate in part to the formation of SCFA. Others have also documented the antineoplastic effects of the SCFA in the colon, particularly n-butyrate.[41] Thus, because acetic acid in vinegar deprotonates in the stomach to form acetate ions, it may possess antitumor effects.

Vinegars are also a dietary source of polyphenols,[6] compounds synthesized by plants to defend against oxidative stress. Ingestion of polyphenols in humans enhances in vivo antioxidant protection and reduces cancer risk.[42] Kurosu vinegar is particularly rich in phenolic compounds, and the in-vitro antioxidant activity of an ethyl acetate extract of Kurosu vinegar was similar to the antioxidant activity of alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) and significantly greater than the antioxidant activities of other vinegar extracts, including wine and apple vinegars.[43] Kurosu vinegar extracts also suppressed lipid peroxidation in mice treated topically with H2O2-generating chemicals.[43] Currently, much interest surrounds the role of dietary polyphenols, particularly from fruits, vegetables, wine, coffee, and chocolate, in the prevention of cancers as well as other conditions including cardiovascular disease[44]; perhaps vinegar can be added to this list of foods and its consumption evaluated for disease risk.

Epidemiologic data, however, is scarce and unequivocal. A case-control study conducted in Linzhou, China, demonstrated that vinegar ingestion was associated with a decreased risk for esophageal cancer (OR: 0.37).[45] However, vinegar ingestion was associated with a 4.4-fold greater risk for bladder cancer in a case-control investigation in Serbia.[46]

Blood Glucose Control

[...]

In healthy subjects, Ostman and colleagues[58] demonstrated that acetic acid had a dose-response effect on postprandial glycemia and insulinemia. Subjects consumed white bread (50 g carbohydrate) alone or with 3 portions of vinegar containing 1.1, 1.4, or 1.7 g acetic acid. At 30 minutes post-meal, blood glucose concentrations were significantly reduced by all concentrations of acetic acid as compared with the control value, and a negative linear relationship was calculated between blood glucose concentrations and the acetic acid content of the meal (r = −0.47, P = .001). Subjects were also asked to rate feelings of hunger/satiety on a scale ranging from extreme hunger (−10) to extreme satiety (+10) before meal consumption and at 15-minute intervals after the meal. Bread consumption alone scored the lowest rating of satiety (calculated as area under the curve from time 0-120 minutes). Feelings of satiety increased when vinegar was ingested with the bread, and a linear relationship was observed between satiety and the acetic acid content of the test meals (r = 0.41, P = .004).[58]

In a separate trial, healthy adult women consumed fewer total calories on days that vinegar was ingested at the morning meal.[50] In this trial, which used a blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover design, fasting participants consumed a test drink (placebo or vinegar) followed by the test meal composed of a buttered bagel and orange juice (87 g carbohydrate). Blood samples were collected for 1 hour after the meal. At the end of testing, participants were allowed to follow their normal activities and eating patterns the remainder of the day, but they were instructed to record food and beverage consumption until bedtime. Vinegar ingestion, as compared with placebo, reduced the 60-minute glucose response to the test meal (−54%, P < .05) and weakly affected later energy consumption (−200 kilocalories, P = .111). Regression analyses indicated that 60-minute glucose responses to test meals explained 11% to 16% of the variance in later energy consumption (P < .05).[50] Thus, vinegar may affect satiety by reducing the meal-time glycemic load. Of 20 studies published between 1977 and 1999, 16 demonstrated that low-glycemic index foods promoted postmeal satiety and/or reduced subsequent hunger.[59]

It is not known how vinegar alters meal-induced glycemia, but several mechanisms have been proposed. Ogawa and colleagues examined the effects of acetic acid and other organic acids on disaccharidase activity in Caco-2 cells.[60] Acetic acid (5 mmol/L) suppressed sucrase, lactase, and maltase activities in concentration- and time-dependent manners as compared with control values, but the other organic acids (eg, citric, succinic, L-maric, and L-lactic acids) did not suppress enzyme activities. Because acetic acid treatment did not affect the de-novo synthesis of the sucrase-isomaltase complex at either the transcriptional or translational levels, the investigators concluded that the suppressive effect of acetic acid likely occurs during the posttranslational processing of the enzyme complex.[60] Of note, the lay literature has long proclaimed that vinegar interferes with starch digestion and should be avoided at meal times.[61]

Several investigations examined whether delayed gastric emptying contributed to the antiglycemic effect of vinegar. Using noninvasive ultrasonography, Brighenti and colleagues[50] did not observe a difference in gastric emptying rates in healthy subjects consuming bread (50 g carbohydrate) in association with acetic acid (ie, vinegar) vs sodium acetate (ie, vinegar neutralized by the addition of sodium bicarbonate); however, a significant difference in post-meal glycemia was noted between treatments with the acetic acid treatment lowering glycemia by 31.4%. In a later study, Liljeberg and Bjorck[62] added paracetamol to the bread test meal to permit indirect measurement of the gastric emptying rate. Compared with reference values, postmeal serum glucose and paracetamol concentrations were reduced significantly when the test meal was consumed with vinegar. The results of this study should be carefully considered, however, because paracetamol levels in blood may be affected by food factors and other gastrointestinal events. In rats fed experimental diets containing the indigestible marker polyethylenglycol and varying concentrations of acetic acid (0, 4, 8, 16 g acetic acid/100 g diet), dietary acetic acid did not alter gastric emptying, the rate of food intake, or glucose absorption.[63]
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:11 am

Hey,

When is it best to drink ACV ? On empty or full stomach ? morning or evening ? or @ night ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:42 am

decro mate,
I'm not sure, Not even sure i had any scalp inflamation, or atleast if i did, i didn't notice it!

@ Nuada, i personally take anytime that is convenient. I think i have a strong stomach though. Probs best to take it after food though. Not really sure why i come to that conclusion though xD

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 pm

I've been taking for a long time raw organic with mother I can handle a lot too and anytime is fine empty,or full stomach. I haven't noticed a lot with hair loss I don't take as much though I notice a drop in blood pressure though and acne becomes non existent when I take it I don't have it severe though just a get a zit here and there espcially on my neck for some reason might be something to do with facial hair like an irritated,or inflamed follicle.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 pm

take alot of it man, 6-8 tablespoons or more in one glass.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I take more like 4 tablespoons a day how many times per day do you take this much?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

hmm, i only take one glass too I guess. Well just keep it up

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down