Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
A herbal topical that seems pretty good EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A herbal topical that seems pretty good

+2
Decro435
Amaranthaceae
6 posters

Go down

A herbal topical that seems pretty good Empty A herbal topical that seems pretty good

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:20 am

Lavender agustifolia leaves and fresh ginger root in a pan with a glass of water, simmer for 10 minutes then cool with cver on. This simple herbal topical i use as a hair tonic every morning, makes hair incredible soft and full. Store in fridge, i added 3 drops GSE for preservation. Someone else try this and let me know of your result. Adding tea tree oil might make it even better.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

A herbal topical that seems pretty good Empty Re: A herbal topical that seems pretty good

Post  Decro435 Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 am

Cpio, it sounds great. Lavender and Tea tree are anti-androgens and Ginger is a anti-inflammatories so I can imgaine thats a reason for their success.

I've been mixing Olive and ACV before a shower and it makes my scalp feel great. I was losing a lot of hair lately and I do think this topical has slowed it down even though I've only been on it for a week. Olive oil has a lot of potential, it's the second time I've used it and I feel like it is really helping.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

A herbal topical that seems pretty good Empty Re: A herbal topical that seems pretty good

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 am

Decro, olive oil gave me a headache. I made some herbal oils on grapeseed oil, a nettle root one which was the best, but I also made burdock root oil, but so far no other topical I tried beat this water based hair tonic with lavender and ginger. Olive oil has some powerful antioxidants, powerful enough to keep the oil fresh when not stored in fridge and exposed to oxygen etc.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 pm

I found out there are two kinds of lavender traditional english (augustifolia) and french lavender, the latter contains higher amounts of terpenes specific camphor which is not
something to put on your head daily!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  vade retro alopecia Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 pm

Thanks for this info Cpio and in particular to specify which lavender to use - since I have both types in the garden, I was actually ready to use the French lavender first before reading your last post.

I found this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_4801362_make-tonic-reduce-hair-loss.html and wanted to try my own tonic (what do you think about aloe vera?). Probably after reading this thread made up of lavender, ginger root, camomille, nettle leaves and olive oil.

vade retro alopecia

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 am

chamomile is good for blond hair but will remove color from brown hair.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 am

Thanks for the info CPIO sounds interesting. I think water based washes like this are really useful. I believe someone posted another one not too long ago that consisted of a stinging nettle wash.

vade retro alopecia wrote:(what do you think about aloe vera?). P

I have been thinking about making my own concoction and bought some 100% Organic Aloe Vera Juice. Just last night I decided to put some on my head before going to bed and it feels great. When I rinsed out my hair this morning it felt really nice. I think Aloe Juice will make a nice base for a water based topical.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:50 am

Lavender is fairly estrogenic - keep an eye on gaining a cup size...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 am

Lavender flowers is better than the oil which is too strong and probably not very soluble.

Fairly estrogenic? Yes, the reason why it can benefit male hair, just dont put it on the chest area.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:55 am

Rosemary and cederwood are also good essential oils for the scalp. Tea tree oil and peppermint are good too. I normally mix one or two drops of these in with my shampoo for the last 9 months now and it certainly does not hurt.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:25 am

Do not assume that if you put it on your head, this is the only place it will stay...it will find its way into the rest of the system.

You do not have to agree - just keep an eye, if you are not taking any anti-estrogen supps, this may show up within few weeks... I hope I am wrong...

cpio wrote:Lavender flowers is better than the oil which is too strong and probably not very soluble.

Fairly estrogenic? Yes, the reason why it can benefit male hair, just dont put it on the chest area.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:28 am

I guess it also depends on how concentrated the concoction is - few leaves with a glass of water seems *dilute* to me - if so, you may escape the bitch tits...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 am

Peppermint is Vasocontrictor....if that's what you are looking for...

Petch wrote:Rosemary and cederwood are also good essential oils for the scalp. Tea tree oil and peppermint are good too. I normally mix one or two drops of these in with my shampoo for the last 9 months now and it certainly does not hurt.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down