Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
23 And Me DNA Results EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
23 And Me DNA Results EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
23 And Me DNA Results EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

23 And Me DNA Results

+2
ngb
Grub
6 posters

Go down

23 And Me DNA Results Empty 23 And Me DNA Results

Post  Grub Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Here are my DNA results through 23andme.com. If anyone has any insights as to health implications or hair loss I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks friends!

INHERITED CONDITIONS

Hemochromatosis (HFE-related) = variant present.

Iron, an essential mineral, is absorbed via the intestines from food and is important for many bodily functions including red blood cell formation and proper brain function. The iron absorption process must be tightly regulated or else iron can accumulate in the body, possibly causing organ damage. Inherited forms of iron overload, known as hereditary hemochromatosis (HH), are caused by mutations in genes that normally play important roles in regulating iron levels. This report includes three mutations in the HFE gene that are typically found in people with European ancestry and are responsible for most cases of HH. HFE-related HH is inherited in a recessive manner, meaning that a person must receive a mutated copy of the HFE gene from each parent to have the condition. In Europeans, roughly one in 300 individuals has HFE-related HH and at least one in 10 carries a mutation for the condition. Rates are even higher in certain European populations including Irish, Norwegian and Australian. HFE-related HH is much rarer in Asian and African populations.

Me: Has one mutation in the HFE gene linked to hemochromatosis. A person with one of these mutations is not typically prone to higher levels of iron in the body, but can pass the mutation to offspring. May have other mutations in the HFE gene (not reported here).

DRUG RESPONSE

Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) Metabolism

Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are drugs that limit the production of stomach acid. They are used to treat gastrointestinal conditions like ulcers, acid reflux disease, and infection by common stomach bacteria called H. pylori. The ability of PPIs to reduce stomach acid production depends not only on factors like age, size, diet, kidney and liver function and other medications, but also on genetics. Depending on their genetics, some people may need different doses of PPIs to effectively reduce stomach acid production and help heal acid damage. PPIs are sold under many names, including omeprazole (Prilosec®), lansoprazole (Prevacid®), rabeprazole (AcipHex®) and esomeprazole (Nexium®).

Me: Intermediate metabolizer. Someone with this genotype typically metabolizes PPIs at a moderate rate. Standard doses are usually effective for people with this genotype.

HEALTH RISKS

Elevated Risks     Your Risk     Average Risk

Prostate Cancer         30.5% 17.8%
Chronic Kidney Disease 4.2%   3.4%
Rheumatoid Arthritis 3.5%   2.4%
Restless Legs Syndrome 2.5% 2.0%
Ulcerative Colitis   1.3%   0.8%

ANCESTRY COMPOSITION
Ancestry Composition tells you what percent of your DNA comes from each of 31 populations worldwide. The analysis includes DNA you received from all of your ancestors, on both sides of your family. The results reflect where your ancestors lived 500 years ago, before ocean-crossing ships and airplanes came on the scene.

Me: 99.9% European

(Northern European)
British and Irish 51.2%
Finish <0.1%
French and German <0.1%

Non specific Northern European 44.4%
Nonspecific European 4.3%
Unassigned 0.1%

Neanderthal ancestry

Me: An estimated 2.9% of your DNA is from Neanderthals. (83rd percentile among Europeans on 23andme database)

Grub

Back to top Go down

23 And Me DNA Results Empty Re: 23 And Me DNA Results

Post  ngb Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 am

When did you get this done? I thought the FDA shut down the interpretation of these results (cancer risk) by 23andme.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I just got in before the cut off! Your right they do not interpret health results anymore.

I'm trying to interpret the info in terms of what my ancestors ate, genetic expression and DNA traits. Not sure how to go about it.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Going by Dr Weston Price's work (Nutrition and Physical Degeneration) Northern European cultures did not consume rice, beans, and corn for instance. These cultures also ate little if any fruit or raw vegetables. They did eat a high animal protein diet with plenty of quality fats, sourdough breads, vegetables were usually fermented or cooked in stews and organ meats.

Perhaps focusing our staple whole foods on the cultures from which we obtained our genome is a good direction for choosing ones individual diet.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post   Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm

Have you tried putting your raw data through something like geneticgenie.org? That's what most people seem to use these results for elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  yup Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 am

Grub wrote:Going by Dr Weston Price's work (Nutrition and Physical Degeneration) Northern European cultures did not consume rice, beans, and corn for instance. These cultures also ate little if any fruit or raw vegetables. They did eat a high animal protein diet with plenty of quality fats, sourdough breads, vegetables were usually fermented or cooked in stews and organ meats.

Perhaps focusing our staple whole foods on the cultures from which we obtained our genome is a good direction for choosing ones individual diet.

Lol @ Weston Price...

All of the above is mucus forming .

yup

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Unim wrote:Have you tried putting your raw data through something like geneticgenie.org? That's what most people seem to use these results for elsewhere.

Ill check it out. Thanks man.

Have a read of this yup:

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/price/pricetoc.html

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:48 am

What is your mthfr status?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:02 am

They do not list mthfr status?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:06 am

Grub wrote:Here are my DNA results through 23andme.com. If anyone has any insights as to health implications or hair loss I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks friends!

INHERITED CONDITIONS

Hemochromatosis (HFE-related) = variant present.

Iron, an essential mineral, is absorbed via the intestines from food and is important for many bodily functions including red blood cell formation and proper brain function. The iron absorption process must be tightly regulated or else iron can accumulate in the body, possibly causing organ damage. Inherited forms of iron overload, known as hereditary hemochromatosis (HH), are caused by mutations in genes that normally play important roles in regulating iron levels. This report includes three mutations in the HFE gene that are typically found in people with European ancestry and are responsible for most cases of HH. HFE-related HH is inherited in a recessive manner, meaning that a person must receive a mutated copy of the HFE gene from each parent to have the condition. In Europeans, roughly one in 300 individuals has HFE-related HH and at least one in 10 carries a mutation for the condition. Rates are even higher in certain European populations including Irish, Norwegian and Australian. HFE-related HH is much rarer in Asian and African populations.

Me: Has one mutation in the HFE gene linked to hemochromatosis. A person with one of these mutations is not typically prone to higher levels of iron in the body, but can pass the mutation to offspring. May have other mutations in the HFE gene (not reported here).

DRUG RESPONSE

Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) Metabolism

Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are drugs that limit the production of stomach acid. They are used to treat gastrointestinal conditions like ulcers, acid reflux disease, and infection by common stomach bacteria called H. pylori. The ability of PPIs to reduce stomach acid production depends not only on factors like age, size, diet, kidney and liver function and other medications, but also on genetics. Depending on their genetics, some people may need different doses of PPIs to effectively reduce stomach acid production and help heal acid damage. PPIs are sold under many names, including omeprazole (Prilosec®), lansoprazole (Prevacid®), rabeprazole (AcipHex®) and esomeprazole (Nexium®).

Me: Intermediate metabolizer. Someone with this genotype typically metabolizes PPIs at a moderate rate. Standard doses are usually effective for people with this genotype.

HEALTH RISKS

Elevated Risks          Your Risk      Average Risk

Prostate Cancer             30.5%    17.8%
Chronic Kidney Disease    4.2%      3.4%
Rheumatoid Arthritis       3.5%      2.4%
Restless Legs Syndrome 2.5%       2.0%
Ulcerative Colitis            1.3%      0.8%

ANCESTRY COMPOSITION
Ancestry Composition tells you what percent of your DNA comes from each of 31 populations worldwide. The analysis includes DNA you received from all of your ancestors, on both sides of your family. The results reflect where your ancestors lived 500 years ago, before ocean-crossing ships and airplanes came on the scene.

Me: 99.9% European

(Northern European)
British and Irish 51.2%
Finish <0.1%
French and German <0.1%

Non specific Northern European 44.4%
Nonspecific European 4.3%
Unassigned 0.1%

Neanderthal ancestry

Me: An estimated 2.9% of your DNA is from Neanderthals. (83rd percentile among Europeans on 23andme database)

Where did you find the inherited conditions and health risks info?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 pm

They have stopped interpreting health results now due to fda regulations

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down