Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Women's Hair Loss Regimen EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Women's Hair Loss Regimen

2 posters

Go down

Women's Hair Loss Regimen Empty Women''s Hair Loss Regimen

Post  zigzagzen Fri May 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi,

this is for a female friend who is suffering from angrogenic alopecia. At least, that's what she told me she had, and how she was diagnosed. She is shedding lots of hair (200+) and they are getting thinner and thinner...

Since Androgenic alopecia usually has something to do with hormones (androgens), I am surprised to see that there are no anti-androgens on the recommended women regimen. (http://www.immortalhair.org/femaleloss.htm). Wouldn't things like PM or saw palmetto help girls even more so than guys, since they wouldn't suffer from the sexual side effects of these products. Please enlighten me! It would be nice if you explain the function and effect of each products recommended in the regimens (and put it on your web page!). Thanks!

zigzagzen

Back to top Go down

Women's Hair Loss Regimen Empty Re: Women's Hair Loss Regimen

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 22, 2009 8:47 pm

zigzagzen - This hasn't been added to the female regimen page (yet), but I have suggested to any female on this forum to take Pueraria Mirifica if they have either androgenetic and/or polycystic ovarian syndrome based alopecia. Both progesterone and iodine (Iodoral) can help correct androgen related female hormone imbalance, so in this case it is potentially curative. High dose iodine can normalize hyperandrogenicity with PCOS for example.

It's not too clear on the female page but I wrote, "Refer to the regular regimen page to manage blood sugar imbalances." I realize that is a bit vague. That said, I will definitely update the female page and also update many other sections. It can be better explained, the only curse about this forum is having less time available to update the main site.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzagzen Wed May 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Thanks CS. Is there any benefit for female to take Saw Palmetto? My female friend tried this but after two weeks got very bad sides effects (headaches, abdominales cramps, dizziness) and she stopped. I don't know what was the product company and the dosage of saw palmetto for now.

So, you recommend PM to balance out the hormones. What dosage? The ainterol stuff? Topically as well?

About the female regimen, I am wandering why you are not recommending EC, curcumin, ALC/ALA ? Is it because it's a different mechanism involved in hairloss? I thought that androgenetic alopecia in male and female was due to a sensitivity of the hair follicules to dht (androgens), leading to inflammation and what seems to be a complex and not fully understood molecular cascade leading to miniaturization of the follicules, and scalp fibrosis (in men at least). (sorry for my limited understanding of this process). So why would that process be different in male vs females? and so, why would your men regimen (top 6 products say) be so different than the female one ?

zigzagzen

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzagzen Wed May 27, 2009 3:08 pm

I should add that this particular female friend started experiencing hairloss 2 years ago when she stopped using the pill (to eventually procreate). She also told me that she is prone to getting zits these days. I guess it all points out to an hormone imbalance. Thanks for your help!

zigzagzen

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 27, 2009 7:23 pm

zigzagzen - Saw Palmetto is a lot like weaker finasteride, it's just not the best stuff. Pueraria Mirifica can help get the normal female estrogen to androgen ratio back into the proper balance.

Provided a female has normal balance in their hormones they shouldn't run a risk of hair loss. This is the reason why the "male regimen" may not be necessary for women. However, if a women's androgen levels are excessive, usually this is associated with PCOS and then it would be a good idea to use the "male regimen" to address the blood sugar aspects. Women can take the "male regimen" it will just cost more.

As far as the acne, hormonal changes maybe playing a role, but if she needs extra help avoidance of refined starches and sugars will really help.

Now knowing about the oral contraception history, I would strongly recommend she get on iodine (lugol's solution also).

These synthetic estrogens create a lot of mayhem and after they are stopped usually changes in prolactin levels result which can cause various problems such as hair loss.

Additionally use of these oral contraceptives can suppress the thyroid, which in of itself will cause hair loss.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down