Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine?

+3
iuyyighghghgkh
turbojet
Changexpert
7 posters

Go down

What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? Empty What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine?

Post  Changexpert Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am

For me, biotin messes up hair cycle and the sulfur content increases hair shedding due to interaction with mercury. MSM is the same with biotin.
Silica inhibits vitamin B1 absoprtion, which may lead to thyroid issues.

Currently, my hair is growing so slowly compared to the time I was taking biotin or silica. Are there any other supplements that promote hair growth? I would appreciate your response.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? Empty Re: What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine?

Post  turbojet Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 am

Have you tried gelatin?

turbojet

Back to top Go down

What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine? Empty Re: What supplements promote hair growth besides biotin, MSM, silica, iodine, and lysine?

Post  Changexpert Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:34 am

turbojet wrote:Have you tried gelatin?
Tried that in the past and recently started again. However, I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type III, meaning my collagen is defective. I have sufficient amount of collagen, but the structure is faulty. This has a lot to do with my hair loss as it is not just a simple MPB.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:39 am

Interesting, were you diagnosed by biopsy or are you basing that on genetic testing?

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 am

I list the most basic things in my signature of hair loss options

I try to eat a simple diet, and use a mitochondrial topical of caffeine/methylene blue/benzoic acid

And use basic supplements to support body temperature

also, warm sunlight, swimming in the ocean by a tropical beach, being in nature - this idea is so simple no one will actually do it,
and it's the only thing proven to radically lower stress hormones

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:05 am

turbojet wrote:Interesting, were you diagnosed by biopsy or are you basing that on genetic testing?
No genetic sequencing test. There is a simple test one can perform called the Beighton Score. I could do every single one on the list. EDS explains why I have hyperextending knees along with very flexible joints and a weak spinal cord.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Ecklonia Cava for inhibiting MMP-2 and MMP-9 plus all the other health benefits is an option. It may also be worth looking into red light therapy or even better a LLLT helmet.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm not sure any type of EDS can be diagnosed by biopsy. Definitely not the common types.

More importantly, is there any evidence of EDS directly causing progressive hair loss? I've not noticed any unusual hair loss among people with the syndrome. I do know EDS can make transplantation easier, because more laxity leads to better harvesting.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 am

takingaction wrote:I'm not sure any type of EDS can be diagnosed by biopsy. Definitely not the common types.

More importantly, is there any evidence of EDS directly causing progressive hair loss? I've not noticed any unusual hair loss among people with the syndrome. I do know EDS can make transplantation easier, because more laxity leads to better harvesting.
There is no definitive medical evidence that EDS causes most medical conditions. From what I've read in the EDS community, people "guess" that certain symptoms are caused by EDS, even though most physicians disregard EDS as a root cause.

From what I know, people with EDS have defective collagen, resulting in lack of structural support. Since collagen is one of main components of hair, it is very possible that EDS can cause hair to fall out much more easily, due to lack of strength.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:35 am

the pro metabolic b vitamins

that is b1, niacinamide, b6 and biotin

people think biotin is a joke but when you have read the science, it makes a lot of sense

methylene blue/caffeine topically

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:45 am

Mine doesn't pull out easily. Does yours? And that wouldn't lead to progressive hair loss, unless it's happening often (hair in a tight bun or something else). There might be a slightly higher risk of infection and scarring, but that also shouldn't cause progressive hair loss. Any loosely EDS-related conditions like nutrient deficiencies and hormone abnormalities shouldn't get so bad that they cause much hair loss, and anyway it would reversible.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:22 am

takingaction wrote:Any loosely EDS-related conditions like nutrient deficiencies and hormone abnormalities shouldn't get so bad that they cause much hair loss, and anyway it would reversible.
There could be a complicating factor for this. In my case, I've gone through four surgeries that required general anesthesia and antibiotics to prevent infections. A long ago, I thought that I had a severe gut dysbiosis and started supplementing with probiotics/fermented foods heavily. That led to another problem of high histamine. After attempting numerous gut interventions, I came to realize that disrupting gut dysbiosis is similar to playing with fire. You never know what strains you are missing or you are having too much of. The strains in the probiotics and fermented foods account for less than 1% of the strains that actually exist in the gut. Also, the percent composition matters just as much as what strains you have. In the current state of the art, it is merely impossible to reintroduce the variety of the strains and balance the bacteria composition in the gut.

Besides gut issue, I have dealt with chronic sleep issues all along and mild acne/eczema since puberty, which could be related to EDS. My current hair does not pull out that easily, but it definitely falls out more than I would like it to.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:44 am

The strains in the probiotics and fermented foods account for less than 1% of the strains that actually exist in the gut. Also, the percent composition matters just as much as what strains you have. In the current state of the art, it is merely impossible to reintroduce the variety of the strains and balance the bacteria composition in the gut.

Interesting, but I think technically false near the end. Fecal transplant should fix that. You first Smile

Edit: with EDS, it could be more a structural issue, like the onset of gastroparesis.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 am

takingaction wrote:Interesting, but I think technically false near the end. Fecal transplant should fix that. You first Smile

Edit: with EDS, it could be more a structural issue, like the onset of gastroparesis.

I think it's definitely both gut dysbiosis and structural issue. I wonder how many people on this forum have some kind of digestion/gut issues. I would do a fecal transplant if it did not cost fortune and if I were to find a perfect donor.

I doubt anyone on this forum would even consider fecal transplant over hair transplant, especially since hair transplant actually costs less.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 am

Changexpert wrote:
takingaction wrote:Interesting, but I think technically false near the end. Fecal transplant should fix that. You first Smile

I think it's definitely both gut dysbiosis and structural issue. I wonder how many people on this forum have some kind of digestion/gut issues. I would do a fecal transplant if it did not cost fortune  and if I were to find a perfect donor.

I doubt anyone on this forum would even consider fecal transplant over hair transplant, especially since hair transplant actually costs less.

There are alternative (inexpensive ways) to acquire a "fecal transplant"

Fixing the gut is paramount, otherwise whatever you throw at your regimen will be futile.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:49 pm

John Herron talks about using soil-based organisms as part of his Gut Health Protocol.
http://www.theguthealthprotocol.com/wp/summary_gut_health_protocol/
Soil Based Organisms (SBO) – In addition to the probiotics found in fermented foods SBOs are a probiotic found in the soil. When we lived closer to nature we consumed SBOs daily on the food we ate and even the air we breathed when farming. Today we live in a much more sterile environment and most people do not have an adequate population of these organisms (primarily probiotic bacteria and yeasts). Adding an SBO can help eliminate pathogenic strains, help prevent their return, and help heal the gut.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Delphine wrote:
John Herron talks about using soil-based organisms as part of his Gut Health Protocol.
Soil Based Organisms (SBO) – In addition to the probiotics found in fermented foods SBOs are a probiotic found in the soil. When we lived closer to nature we consumed SBOs daily on the food we ate and even the air we breathed when farming. Today we live in a much more sterile environment and most people do not have an adequate population of these organisms (primarily probiotic bacteria and yeasts). Adding an SBO can help eliminate pathogenic strains, help prevent their return, and help heal the gut.
I reacted so horribly to it. It was one of the worst supplements I've tried that accelerated hair loss and caused several health issues that I've never seen before (dysphagia, heartburn, severe constipation, hemorrhoid).
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:36 am

Changexpert wrote:
Delphine wrote:
I reacted so horribly to it. It was one of the worst supplements I've tried that accelerated hair loss and caused several health issues that I've never seen before (dysphagia, heartburn, severe constipation, hemorrhoid).

What was the supplement? Haven't ventured into SBO's myself.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:16 am

Delphine wrote:
Changexpert wrote:
Delphine wrote:

What was the supplement?  Haven't ventured into SBO's myself.
Prescript Assist. It's promoted as a safe supplement, but some people had similar side effects as I did.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:41 pm

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/14/448322590/dietary-supplements-send-thousands-to-ers-yearly

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Odysseus wrote:http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/10/14/448322590/dietary-supplements-send-thousands-to-ers-yearly

I have been taking quite a few supplements for decades now and I've never had occasion to visit the ER. You do have to follow the directions on the label,
and choose a reputable company.

From the comments:

You have got to be kidding me. This study included children who got into supplements meant for adults as well as adults who choked on supplements? Do they include such people in studies about prescription or OTC medications? Talk about manipulating a study to get the results you want.

No surprise that weight-loss and energy-boosting products were responsible for 72% of the ER visits. They're hardly dietary supplements. Let us know when the ER's are flooded with deadly fish oil or vitamin C overdoses. Meanwhile, people taking prescription drugs (FDA approved for safety and content) are at real risk. Vioxx alone KILLED at least 60,000 people before it was taken off the market.

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down