Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Oil pulling receipes
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by Maup

» Zeolite clinoptilolite?
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 9:19 am by CausticSymmetry

» DHT gel usage???
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 7:43 am by CausticSymmetry

» Carnivore Diet filled in bald spot.
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 6:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS AND MODERN DISEASES
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 5:10 am by CausticSymmetry

» Butter packaging?
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:57 am by CausticSymmetry

» Time to put on a mask again
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair?

+14
Amaranthaceae
kijumn
bocor
Prague
thelibrarian
Petch
LA-Night
HarryHenderson
lund
Espio
halfempty
sublime9
CausticSymmetry
jksl
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair?

Post  thelibrarian Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:19 am

Immortal - you are blowing my mind this month! First the blog on viruses and now this post on smoking.

I have been smoking two cigarillos daily for years, sometimes 3 or 4 . i always feel guilty about this because I can feel my scalp get inflamed after the fourth cig. It gets itchy. If I keep it to two I can sustain the positive scalp sensation that I have been feeling since implementing my laser helmet.

I feltl guilty because I know smoking increses DHT and this is probably the one life style activity that is counter to my aim of hair and general health.

Maybe I can be guilt free if I keep it to one per day!
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair?

Post  Prague Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 am

CS

i'm so glad i've dicovered your pages

i smoke Gitanes without filtre, the strongest cigarettes you can buy here in France and possibly in the world - i love them!

it's funny how people think i'm mad whet eating half raw calf liver, drinking solid ammounts of red wine and raw milk, eating tons of butter, drinking olive oil from the bottle and smoking Gitanes - they eat sugar as soon as they get up from the bed

i had a colleague who eats haribo bears for breakfast and during the lunch she doesnt eat meat, rice only and desert because she doesn't watnt to get fat - once i pulled out brazil nuts and she told me she can eat only one since it's very fatty (she around 85kg), ha ha

Prague

Back to top Go down

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 Empty Cuebreeze

Post  bocor Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 am

Hey i totally agree on the weed issue.After extensive experimentation on myself, i feel weed helps me to totally let go of any daily stress i mightve accumulated so i dont build up frustration at all.I also enjoy the greater perspectives and insight it gives me and allows me to live "in the moment" I can t seem to find it at the moment here in the bible belt alabama.I think industrial hemp/marijuana is the ONLY thing that could save our economy and give the US a fresh start to create a new industry.We dont have industry anymore its all been sold off we have a credit industry which is destined to die very very soon.Please all see CAPITALISM a love story by Michael Moore...great movie but seriously weed could save our country and the world and create a peaceful society i truly believe and im not a hippy.I just kind of had an open mind going into my experimentation and also have noticed the effects on others individually and in groups who are 420 friendly.Sadly the crybaby republican fascist will NEVER let it happen itleast for a few hundred years of evolution so we must fall as a nation.Tis why i will be moving to Amsterdam.The Alamo of freedom in the world although i dont like what the EU is doing either creating a president of Europe centralization of power nonsense.Thw world is truly losing its uniquness in favor or the almighty profit motive.Sad how unevolved we are

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 am

I'll be in the minority and say that marijuana fucks up your head ... even more so if you've been smoking it in your early teens! The first couple of years you'll probably be fine but if you've been smoking for 10+ years that's where the real problem is.

Don't get me wrong if debating marijuana addiction vs alcoholism, marijuana would be the better one. Well, that is if you don't mind males being more feminine and females being more masculine ... it happens to everyone eventually.

And FWIW, I use to be a complete pot head in High School and College for years and advocated it just as much as some on this thread. It wasn't until years later when I was off it that I realized just how bad it really is. Also, my dad has been smoking pot for 40 years. Several of his friends have also smoked it that long. My brother has smoked it for 15 years. I also have several other friends and family members that have smoked marijuana for long periods of time and it's all the same.

Good luck to everyone and don't fall for the BS that marijuana won't fuck with your head eventually.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 am

I used to smoke cigarettes for 15-16 years atleast 10 a day, but had to stop due to bad sides: chronic sinus infections, dry cough, loss of smell, increased breathing when walkign up stairs, increased resting pulse rate and more .. Defintly a big no-no.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 Empty mary jane

Post  bocor Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 am

I think maybe for some with chemical imbalances it could be a bad thing or anything in excess could be bad.I only like to smoke at night.I prefer to be sober during the day.That way i dont miss out on being sober either.Yes wake and baking and staying high all the time is definitely not what im advocating. but in moderation, i think it accentuates life and defeats the criminal mindset.I also think by our perception, it slows time while your on it so 1 minute would seem like 3 for example so in effect this could be a way to "extend" our lives itleast by perception of reality.Also for any long term problems things like magic mushrooms, lsd, or peyote can reset your brain chemistry and give a new outlook on life but these need due diligence before partaking

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:44 am

Prague wrote:CS

i'm so glad i've dicovered your pages

i smoke Gitanes without filter, the strongest cigarettes you can buy here in France and possibly in the world - i love them!

it's funny how people think I'm mad whet eating half raw calf liver, drinking solid amounts of red wine and raw milk, eating tons of butter, drinking olive oil from the bottle and smoking Gitanes - they eat sugar as soon as they get up from the bed

i had a colleague who eats haribo bears for breakfast and during the lunch she doesn't eat meat, rice only and desert because she doesn't want to get fat - once i pulled out Brazil nuts and she told me she can eat only one since it's very fatty (she around 85kg), ha ha

Prague - That's awesome! I wonder if the negative perception so many people have about fat and meat will change anytime soon. Your colleague should check out this video: http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#2L3gpH/www.dhslides.org/mgr/mgr060509f/f.htm/

Your diet is totally perfect, I only wish I could eat as healthy as you do. I find myself eating out a lot so I eat less than ideal food.

I'm gonna check out some Gitanes next time I hang out with any friends who smoke. I think of smoking as an ideal hormesis agent (from Greek hórmēsis), which means favorable biological responses to low exposures to toxins. The science supports it too.

I watched a detailed study on weed at least in rats and it showed conclusively that weed dangers was limited to child and adolescent use, but not significant problems in adults. There seems to be a small minority of weed users who will get some negative effect. I guess the key for weed is moderation.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation

Primary site under construction: Use link for now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220330061828/https://www.immortalhair.org/
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:27 am

Indeed, everything in moderation, hell, even exercise in excess can kill you! Hardens the heart valves.

There is a very slim risk of weed bringing out latent mental health problems, although you could argue that they would pop up eventually anyway through alcohol, stress etc...

Weed smokers are also protected against lung cancer, studies show that even people who smoke cigs and smoke weed get better protection compared to people who only smoke cigs. If anyone wants the study i'll try and dig it up.

Weed's no wonder drug though, but It should be legalised! Razz
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:40 am

weed increases dopamine production which blocks prolactin.

http://www.sharedjourney.com/malediagnosis/prolactin.html

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:58 pm

cuebreeze wrote:weed increases dopamine production which blocks prolactin.

http://www.sharedjourney.com/malediagnosis/prolactin.html

I wonder if drinking or eating marijuana is beneficial for hair, whereas smoking weed could be detrimental? Maybe the way we absorb THC is key.

I know that smoking cigarettes can be bad for hair, so I wonder if smoking weed can actually be bad for hair.

Does anyone know?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 am

LA-Night i have studied marijuana exsessively for a long time. There is no solid evidence that marijuana has any negative side affects from smoking it. The government really dont show the truth. Over my time researching it, EVERY single study that states it can cause skitzafrenia has only used words as 'may' and 'similar symtoms' but the positive things it can do for your body are limitless.

Thc goes straight into the blood stream and when we smoke it, we inhale alot more oxygen (cleaner oxygen). It speeds the heart up and pumps more clean blood which in return helps heal us.

It has been shown that cigarettes smokers who also smoke cannabis have better chances of not getting lung cancer.

Marijuana may iriitate the lungs walls but the extra oxygen helps the body heal and relax alot better.

There is so many positive studies on the affects of marijuana which are very good studies proving facts from bullshit theorys.

Heres a link to a book. The lady who wroted has been in the medical, science field since 1984 and has focussed alot of time on marijuana.

Also to answer your question on smoking it i beleive it is healthy. There have been studies done on marijuana oils been using on cancers and shows alot of promise.

People just have to want to do the research.

Most people are brainwashed to what the government tell us and have no intrest to search it as they are happy dealing with minor problems in the world. If all the studies that are proven to be fact were put in front of them they would soon realise that we should all be smoking marijuana on a regular basis. (in moderation like everything).

this is a great quick review with some things you mite not know now about 'the drug'.

http://www.benefitsofmarijuana.com/benefits.php

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:15 am

Also i wouldnt recommend marijuana for someone with a fast heart beat as it speeds it a little. (not enough to harm anyone with a slower heart beat).

If anyone reads this and there against marijuana, atleast read that review and hear both sides.

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:29 am

I have four different friends, all heavy users. Each one is now mentally ill to a more significant degree than the rest of us. Less productive and motivated - two have memory loss issues. The other two have paranoia to an extreme degree. All have sleeping patterns that are out of whack for people in their 30s - (nocturnal basically).

I realise that this sounds like a stereotype, but I am just commenting on how it is.

One has a full head of hair, one completely bald, two losing. Don't see a connection there. None are over weight.

One is an extreme risk taker to the point where he will end up dead soon. Imagine extreme sports without any safety gear.

Not one of them functions as a normal human being, short attention spans and i have seen them decline mentally over the last five years. I'm sure many people do not have these issues but they do.

I have no interest in what the government says about weed.

I'm not including casual users in my anecdotal comments, only heavy users. Not one of them is relaxed - almost like the absence of weed creates tension which is relieved by another joint.

I'm not saying Weed causes these issues, I find it perfectly possible that people with these issues gravitate towards being heavy users. Much like the theory that some smokers gravitate to smoking due to chemical imbalances, and they are essentially self medicating.

As is the case with heavy use of anything - the question must be asked - why do you need it?

Regularly people ask will it accelerate / help my hair. Nothing conclusive seems to emerge almost as if it is a neutral factor. Have those who smoked heavily ever abstained for a few months to see if effects the quality of their hair?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 am

GB... sorry if my opinion offends you at all but i have friends i use to knock around with (best mates) who stopped hanging around with me and my mates. (yes we were alot more relaxed and didnt want to be as social) but they soor that as a serious problem from smoking weed. Anyway i can see how they would think that but in reality it has open my eyes alot more to the world and im much smarter here after.

You certainly seem open minded tho so im guessing you wouldnt judge people like that.

To anyone else it probably looks like a problem because your less social (looking depressed etc) but in the mind of the smoker (me) i feel like my mind is so stimulated with thoughts.

And your right... alot of the people that smoke it are people with stress issues or other drug abuses. This doesnt mean marijuana is harming them. Sure it may affect there day if they have a job but thats just like alcohol. (the feeling wears off in a few hours if that). Smoking weed is no good if you have ambitions basically because its legal and you have to hide the thoughts you have on it (or people assume your crazy).

If it was legal than i would be 10 times more productive. I had to sit my trades apprentaship final exam 5 times it was that hard. I had 3 exams and smoked the night before on each night i past each exam. It enables you to focus on anything and i got about 95% on each exam.

Most people are very brainwashed from the government. Marijuana opens your mind up and the relaxed, focussed state it put you in make people assume you have a problem. After all, they only know what the government has taught them.

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 am

Also ill add that when i passed those exams i had been smoking about a gram a day for over a year.

Id consider that a heavy user. I still smoke every day so its been about 2.5 years now.

I cant be bothered doing social things when i smoke but me and my best mate enjoy having a smoke each night so much. It makes your lungs feel alot better after so many years of smoking cigarettes too. I still work every day (i feel completely normal in the morning or just few hours after the last smoke and i still have alot of drive to succeed in my career. im a qualified sparky and specialize in fault finding in all circuitry. My mates ex girlfriend use to tell him that im going no where, im a stoner and he should hang around with me. That little bit*h hasnt done shit with her life except drink herself silly every weekend and drop out of uni. Point is we enjoy it so much, not like an addiction but it makes us feel good physically and mentally

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 am

I could have written that better with no spelling mistakes but we had a blaze before so dont hate Cool

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:31 am

So, we know that weed is harmful to children and adolescents.

But I wonder what role weed plays in fighting hair loss. We know it decreases prolactin via dopamine. I'd think weed would reduce inflammation, since it's a cannabinoid. Also, it may reduce cortisol levels.

Still, I think it could potentially be good for hair...maybe not as a panacea for hair loss but as a nice supplement to a stacked regimen that attacks hair loss on multiple levels.

I wish there were studies that compared the effects of smoked vs. eaten THC on hair.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  HarryHenderson Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:20 am

thc deffently makes it to the hair follicles but read some storys on it kills brain cancers. It only kills off all the bad cell preserving the good ones so im thinking a hemp/thc could be good for the build up on the scalp

http://www.hongpong.com/node/1081

HarryHenderson

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:46 am

Bunch of 420ers...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:18 pm

Good to see such hardcore marijuana advocates in here

We should create a massive marijuana thread & name it puff the magic dragon

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:27 am

LA-Night wrote:It's funny how the establishment ... dumps fluoride into the water supply.

It's a commie conspiracy to impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  orwell Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Comes down to choice and personal preference with any drug.

From personal experience though I can tell you that my ex-friends who all still smoke pot/weed are utter fuck ups for sure. Most are dependent on other drugs as well. They do all have hair though.

The interesting thing about the whole mind expansion argument is that dope renders a high percent of users dopey and lacking in drive/ambition. Dope can expand the mind and give fresh insights for a while but for me the high, as well as my circle of friends, became as boring as Sunday Church. I always favoured E or LSD once in a while for real proustain insights.

Now a university library or an Amazon kindle, a $30 red wine and a handful of EC/fish oil; will expand ones mind for sure.

orwell

Back to top Go down

Is marijuana and/or hemp bad for hair? - Page 2 Empty Mary jane

Post  bocor Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:07 pm

The difference i think is intent.Some people smoke weed to get messed up or escape reality.I use it to enhance reality as a meditation tool.I seek to learn from what it has to teach me.And i know lots of intellectual progressive peeps that smoke daily as more of an enhancement to life.There is so much negative stigma surrounding it linking a certain grade of pothead with no ambition or whatever.Experimenting with it can be an evolutionary process but in order for it to work this way, you must put in a dedicated effort for it to be a positive learning experience.For example when i first started smoking, i didnt talk much, couldnt drive worth a flip and felt paranoid and scared alot.Since ive embraced it i no longer fear it.In the same way you approach psychedelics, you can apply that visionary yearning to getting high and continue to experience profound awakenings.And if you start to see your friends as losers who sit around smoking weed all day , that will give you a preconcieved notion that its a negative thing and could start a cascade of negativity to steer you away from this wonderful plant.

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:23 pm

bocor wrote:The difference i think is intent.Some people smoke weed to get messed up or escape reality.I use it to enhance reality as a meditation tool.I seek to learn from what it has to teach me.And i know lots of intellectual progressive peeps that smoke daily as more of an enhancement to life.There is so much negative stigma surrounding it linking a certain grade of pothead with no ambition or whatever.Experimenting with it can be an evolutionary process but in order for it to work this way, you must put in a dedicated effort for it to be a positive learning experience.For example when i first started smoking, i didnt talk much, couldnt drive worth a flip and felt paranoid and scared alot.Since ive embraced it i no longer fear it.In the same way you approach psychedelics, you can apply that visionary yearning to getting high and continue to experience profound awakenings.And if you start to see your friends as losers who sit around smoking weed all day , that will give you a preconcieved notion that its a negative thing and could start a cascade of negativity to steer you away from this wonderful plant.

So true, bocor. Experimentation w/the plant IS a process, or rite of passage. I was telling CS about some of my bad pot experiences (anxiety, panic) but lately I've embraced the journey and it's radically changed my body's reaction to pot. I feel that all self-experimentation -- including taking supplements -- is a game w/your mind. That's where placebos & nocebos come in: expectations, plus the need to control your life create a mysterious union.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:55 am

I do smoke weed quite often and have done for a while. I hardly ever watch films sober, prefer watching them stoned for some reason, but I have to agree that weed does sap motivation, for me anyway, and it can make me paranoid, but i'm paranoid anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much. - Also you have to remember people react differently to the drug.

Many people with mental health problems take drugs, and nearly all of them smoke cigs, I think the self medicating theory is a strong one, but there is the other side of the coin where mentally healthy people have abused drugs to such an extent that they have caused psychosis within themselves.

I don't think weed has a negative effect on hair, but whether it has a positive on i'm unsure...maybe indirectly by reducing stress>?
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next