Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2024 11:28 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2024 8:49 am by CausticSymmetry

» Removing contaminants from water
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:27 am by shaftless

» Association between androgenetic alopecia and periodontitis
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:51 am by CausticSymmetry

» Androgen Receptor-Mediated Paracrine Signaling Induces Regression of Blood Vessels in the Dermal Papilla in Androgenetic Alopecia
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm by Atlas

» Whats the deal with colloidal silver?
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 2:33 am by CausticSymmetry

» Aged polystyrene microplastics exacerbate alopecia associated with tight junction injuries and apoptosis via oxidative stress pathway in skin
Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence + DR + nofap log

+7
Duketronix
JDawg
Golden_Shower
Hairbeback
Complexx
NonAlcoholic Vodka
schpiloch123
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 Empty Re: Detumescence + DR + nofap log

Post  theseeker86 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:44 pm

droddy wrote:
stresssucks wrote:How the heck can you get your TSH that low?!!? I've never had anything below 2.

People have done it with good nutrition, but a thyroid supplement quickly lowers TSH.

What kind of supplement? Iodine?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:48 pm

droddy wrote:
stresssucks wrote:How the heck can you get your TSH that low?!!? I've never had anything below 2.

People have done it with good nutrition, but a thyroid supplement quickly lowers TSH.

Interesting. I don't want to become dependent on a thyroid supp the rest of my life... but it would be cool to lower it with nutrition.

Last edited by stresssucks on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
droddy wrote:

What kind of supplement?  Iodine?

Iodine advocates will argue this point up and down, but there is a lot of evidence that iodine suppresses the thyroid and increases TSH. I can post some, but it wouldn't matter.

For what it's worth, I've never been more hypo in my life than when I took Iodoral (or Lugol's).

I'm talking about cynoplus and/or cynomel.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 pm

stresssucks wrote:I don't want to become dependent on a thyroid supp the rest of my life...

What do you mean by "dependent"?

Do you take any supplements?
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:07 pm

droddy wrote:
stresssucks wrote:I don't want to become dependent on a thyroid supp the rest of my life...

What do you mean by "dependent"?

Do you take any supplements?

I do take supplements, but just things that seem like you would normally get from food but maybe don't for whatever reason (C, magnesium, selenium, trace minerals, fermented cod liver oil).

Aren't those thyroid meds prescription also?

I just feel like there is a difference between things that seem "natural" and something that's not readily available in food and you need a prescription for.

Also - it's odd that my TSH is high because my temps seem to be normal. I'm about 98 upon waking and get up to 99 sometimes 99.2 in the afternoon (oral temp). As long as I eat regularly my hands are warm.

This is all very confusing. I apologize for derailing the thread but I feel like the information is very interesting.

Edit - Also if I miss my supplements for a day I don't really care.... for some reason it feels like with the thyroid supps you would need to spread them out and always remember to take (I probably read that somewhere).

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 am

stresssucks wrote:I do take supplements, but just things that seem like you would normally get from food but maybe don't for whatever reason (C, magnesium, selenium, trace minerals, fermented cod liver oil).

I don't think nutrients are used right without good thyroid function. For instance, de-energized cells cannot retain magnesium.

Liver, shellfish, and orange juice would provide significant amounts of the nutrients you listed above.

stresssucks wrote:I just feel like there is a difference between things that seem "natural" and something that's not readily available in food and you need a prescription for.

Until the 70s it was common to eat the thyroid gland of the animal in the US until the FDA made it illegal.

stresssucks wrote:Also - it's odd that my TSH is high because my temps seem to be normal. I'm about 98 upon waking and get up to 99 sometimes 99.2 in the afternoon (oral temp). As long as I eat regularly my hands are warm.

Pulse rate can help clarify temperature. If temp is high and pulse is low, the temperature is usually being maintained by cortisol.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Detumescence + DR + nofap log - Page 2 Empty second session

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

I did my second roller session last night having performed both DT sessions. I rolled 5 times horizontally all over and 5 times vertically all over. This time I did not apply alcohol to my scalp at all, only preparing with povidone iodine. The pain was still strong but not very much blood and my scalp still looks pink this morning.

I'm almost at the one month mark of doing DT. The results are that my scalp has changed shape slightly. I noticed that my left temporalis muscles sticks out slightly more than the right behind my ear. This seems to have become less apparent and my head now feels more uniformly round if that makes sense. The same can also be said for the top with the saggital keel seemingly less pronounced. No regrowth to report. No fap update currently on day 2 so can't really comment on that.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2