Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Catalase Away Greys EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Catalase Away Greys EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Catalase Away Greys EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Catalase Away Greys EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Catalase Away Greys EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Catalase Away Greys EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Catalase Away Greys EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Catalase Away Greys EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Catalase Away Greys EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Catalase Away Greys

3 posters

Go down

Catalase Away Greys Empty Catalase Away Greys

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:30 am

I see that the main ingredient in grey hair reversal treatments is the catalase enzyme (up to 5000 iu per cap). Instead of buying pricey caps, I thought of just getting some catalase in bulk - anyone know a good source? Also would it be advisable to take catalase on its own?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Catalase Away Greys Empty Re: Catalase Away Greys

Post  AS54 Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:33 am

Google turns up quite a few suppliers but most of them are selling at minimum buys of 100 kilos up to a ton. Worthington Biochem sells 100 ml for $280. Enzymes are expensive. Sheeeit. But that's getting you 1.2 million active units and its interesting they use thymol as a preservative...its an isomer of carvacrol, the heavy hitter in oregano oil. Wonder if this stuff would burn also. But I don't know what kind of concentrations were used. Could be an interesting topical though.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:11 am

AS54 wrote:Google turns up quite a few suppliers but most of them are selling at minimum buys of 100 kilos up to a ton. Worthington Biochem sells 100 ml for $280. Enzymes are expensive. Sheeeit. But that's getting you 1.2 million active units and its interesting they use thymol as a preservative...its an isomer of carvacrol, the heavy hitter in oregano oil. Wonder if this stuff would burn also. But I don't know what kind of concentrations were used. Could be an interesting topical though.

Good point, although I found one or two suppliers who looked like they *might* sell a 1kg minimum:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-Catalase_257145560.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-quality-Enzymes-Catalase-CAS-9001_1689339138.html

The one looks like it's in powder form, the other in liquid form - I have no idea what the quality would be like, or how reputable the supplier is though. I guess it's a bit of pot luck? I guess, even if they do sell per kg, the shipping would be pretty darn expensive too. I have contacted one of the suppliers to find out more.

I know that, before he left, Prague was experimenting with enzymes - do you know anything about that AS?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 am

Magnesium and other minerals.

http://www.vibrantnation.com/fashion-beauty/hair-care/grey-hair-color-is-really-a-sign-of-mineral-deficiency/

A group of scientists have been studying the problem in Yorkshire’s University of Bradford. Their findings indicate that causes of grey hair can be directly linked to deficiencies in the hair itself. The process seems to start with magnesium deficiencies, which prevents the productions of catalase and MSR enzymes. Because your hair is lacking these needed ingredients, cells begin to produce hydroxyl radicals. These radicals are better known as hydrogen peroxide, a bleaching agent. Once your follicles are producing this chemical, it disrupts the create of tyrosinase. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that’s directly responsible for producing melanin, the stuff that creates color in hair. The hydrogen peroxide damages the melanocytes, which give color to hair. Without the much-needed catalase that breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen (which is ultimately what it’s comprised of), grey hair color emerges.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Delphine wrote:Magnesium and other minerals.

http://www.vibrantnation.com/fashion-beauty/hair-care/grey-hair-color-is-really-a-sign-of-mineral-deficiency/

A group of scientists have been studying the problem in Yorkshire’s University of Bradford. Their findings indicate that causes of grey hair can be directly linked to deficiencies in the hair itself. The process seems to start with magnesium deficiencies, which prevents the productions of catalase and MSR enzymes. Because your hair is lacking these needed ingredients, cells begin to produce hydroxyl radicals. These radicals are better known as hydrogen peroxide, a bleaching agent. Once your follicles are producing this chemical, it disrupts the create of tyrosinase. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that’s directly responsible for producing melanin, the stuff that creates color in hair. The hydrogen peroxide damages the melanocytes, which give color to hair. Without the much-needed catalase that breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen (which is ultimately what it’s comprised of), grey hair color emerges.

Interesting Delphine, thanks for that. I just started supplementing Magnesium in January, so maybe I'll see some benefits from that.

I know that CS said that 400mg / day was an ideal dosage, but I wonder if that holds true for those who have been deficient for a long time, or whether I should up the dosage.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:34 am

HP,

No, I don't know anything about what Prague was up to. I think I got here toward the end of the days where he was posting more.
But I did find a lot of his stuff interesting. The enzyme possibility is interesting also, but like you hinted at, there are a lot of gray areas
when it comes to it: quality of the product, shipping methods and time, storage, how to deliver the enzymes to the body, potency, etc.

If you experiment with this at all, would love for you to keep this updated.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:26 am

AS54 wrote:HP,

No, I don't know anything about what Prague was up to. I think I got here toward the end of the days where he was posting more.
But I did find a lot of his stuff interesting. The enzyme possibility is interesting also, but like you hinted at, there are a lot of gray areas
when it comes to it: quality of the product, shipping methods and time, storage, how to deliver the enzymes to the body, potency, etc.

If you experiment with this at all, would love for you to keep this updated.

Thanks AS54, yes it seems like a whole different ball of wax. I wouldn't know where to start to be honest, but if I go with it, I'll definitely post about it here ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:55 am

Hairy Potter wrote:

Interesting Delphine, thanks for that. I just started supplementing Magnesium in January, so maybe I'll see some benefits from that.

I know that CS said that 400mg / day was an ideal dosage, but I wonder if that holds true for those who have been deficient for a long time, or whether I should up the dosage.

I'd advise using magnesium oil topically as well as orally.  That's what I do.  Actually, topical magnesium is said to be much more effective.  Dr. Sircus is an advocate: http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/  He's gray though, which only goes to show there are other factors involved!

B complex and minerals as from liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, kelp,  and blackstrap molasses also help.  Raw carrots and deep green vegs.
Nuts like almonds and macadamias.  Sunflower seeds.  (Nuts/seeds should be raw and unsalted.) And the headstand, which I think may be the main reason I haven't gone gray at almost 64.

Last but not least, cut out coffee and alcohol, and don't smoke.  Cool
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Delphine wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

I'd advise using magnesium oil topically as well as orally.  That's what I do.  Actually, topical magnesium is said to be much more effective.  Dr. Sircus is an advocate: http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/  He's gray though, which only goes to show there are other factors involved!

B complex and minerals as from liver, brewer's yeast, wheat germ, kelp,  and blackstrap molasses also help.  Raw carrots and deep green vegs.
Nuts like almonds and macadamias.  Sunflower seeds.  (Nuts/seeds should be raw and unsalted.) And the headstand, which I think may be the main reason I haven't gone gray at almost 64.

Last but not least, cut out coffee and alcohol, and don't smoke.  Cool

Thanks again - just ordered some mag oil a few days ago, so will start with that soon. I haven't tried brewer's yeast for a long time, maybe I should get some of that.

BTW, what's the deal with raw / unsalted nuts? I love nuts but they taste pretty bland without salt.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 am

Hairy Potter wrote:
Thanks again - just ordered some mag oil a few days ago, so will start with that soon. I haven't tried brewer's yeast for a long time, maybe I should get some of that.

BTW, what's the deal with raw / unsalted nuts? I love nuts but they taste pretty bland without salt.

I prefer them salted as well, actually.  The reason I say unsalted is that most nuts sold with salt are using
regular table salt.  To unsalted nuts, you could add some high quality salt to taste.  I like Real Salt.  

My son loves organic macadamia nuts unsalted. He goes through pounds of them.  nuts.com is a great site for high quality organic nuts.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Delphine wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

I prefer them salted as well, actually.  The reason I say unsalted is that most nuts sold with salt are using
regular table salt.  To unsalted nuts, you could add some high quality salt to taste.  I like Real Salt.  

My son loves organic macadamia nuts unsalted. He goes through pounds of them.  nuts.com is a great site for high quality organic nuts.

I see what you're saying - yup Macadamia nuts are great, I buy them in bulk when I get a chance!

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down