Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
leg muscle and ligament supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

leg muscle and ligament supplements

5 posters

Go down

leg muscle and ligament supplements Empty leg muscle and ligament supplements

Post  shaftless Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm

My dad had a couple of strokes years ago and his left side was affected. He walks with a cane and walker. His right side (leg movements) are ok it's just his left side. I know it's neurological damage but do you think that supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin known for joint and ligament strength might help?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

leg muscle and ligament supplements Empty Re: leg muscle and ligament supplements

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:11 am

shaftless wrote:My dad had a couple of strokes years ago and his left side was affected. He walks with a cane and walker. His right side (leg movements) are ok it's just his left side. I know it's neurological damage but do you think that supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin known for joint and ligament strength might help?

Sure there is agents that can help your father.

Read up on DMSO for nerve regeneration (70% DMSO/30% water) always buy in glass bottle.

MSM causes cell regeneration, its late for me and my mind isn't working well. But these two supplements are worth reading up about.

Hopefully someone else on the board has something to share.

DMSO should be rubbed on the effected area twice to three times per day. MSM you should start slow 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water and work up to 2 heap teaspoon per day, careful with the detox effect and go slow. Make sure he drinks lots of water when on MSM.

MSM should also help with strokes not happening again due to calcification removal, I would look into alkalizing your fathers body and do some blood analyzing work under a dark field microscope. Super greens "synergy" works very well for blood purification.

Magnesium chloride also will help to removal calcification.

Your father should stop all Dairy! Eggs and lower wheat intake.

So;
DMSO (topical application)
MSM (internal)
Super Greens Synergy (internal)
Magnesium Chloride (internal)

Someone might want to comment on opening blood vessels due to the blockage, maybe B3 Niacin?

Bob
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

leg muscle and ligament supplements Empty Re: leg muscle and ligament supplements

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 am

shaftless wrote:My dad had a couple of strokes years ago and his left side was affected. He walks with a cane and walker. His right side (leg movements) are ok it's just his left side. I know it's neurological damage but do you think that supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin known for joint and ligament strength might help?

Also can you please post your fathers diet?
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 am

Examining health of somebody based on description above is risky guessing.

Beside it, organic sulphur has also my vote here. Not everyone though.
Product called GLC 2000, has also good record.

Supporting calcium metabolism with K2 and plenty of sun can make difference also. Other than that i'd add pulsed magnetic therapy - either by respecedt practitioner, or buying EarthPulse or simiar PEMF device with the goal to raise ATP... It's where red laser light has it's options also.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 am

As far as the muscle tissue itself, try a BCAA supplement. Take around 10 grams of BCAA at night before bed and combine it with a few protein drinks through the day. I also added glutamine, but I know people tend to freak out about the fact it sounds real close to glutamate. The other benefit here is that they help maintain muscle mass and provide some of the signals to not waste. This is important in cases of neurological damage where the limb isn't getting much use.

One thing I'd advise, and this might go against what you've been told...try to get him to get as much weight on it as possible. I mean in the form of short workouts a couple of times weekly. Watch him and help him perform the movements, but incorporate some weight bearing exercise. I don't mean load up a bar with 225 lbs and put him under it haha. I mean guide him through some body weight squat routines to failure. Be a spot for him. As his strength increases you can incorporate actual weight. But as far as I am concerned, and others may disagree, I think the stress of load bearing is one of the most important signals our body can get to rebuild. Its been shown to completely reverse age-related bone loss. And if nerve repair is what you're after, I guarantee it will benefit. I'm not sure on the total strictures on motion he's facing. Obviously this is harder to implement if he is really limited. Even if he is limited to his walker, with your help he can still use his upper body strength as a support on the device and still perform some modified squat type movement.

I know that sounds crazy, but any type of movement to challenge him in this squat form is important. Alternatively, if he is unable to bend at both knees but is still capable of bending at the waste, just bending over picking something heavy (heavy for him and his personal level of strength) can be great. If it is really bad, then just getting out and walking with him is where to start. But be a prick, force him to exert himself and try to walk with an actual gait pattern even if its difficult. But obviously be there to watch and support him.
That is, unless at the thought of exercise he just tells you to fuck off  Very Happy .

Those supplements are essentially worthless. The components never make it past the digestive system to be incorporated where you want them to.

There is a thread buried here somewhere on multiple sclerosis, and CS recommended the following supplements for the neurological aspect:

Lecithin granules 1-3 tablespoons

High dose Omega-3 (Krill oil)

Lithium Aspartate or Orotate (10 to 20 mg elemental)

Mixed tocopherols/Tocotrienols

Humic/Fulvic acid

500 mg phosphatidylserine

Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid

MSM 5-15 g

N-acetyl-cysteine 600 mg 3 times daily.

Coenzyme Q10 as Ubiquinol 200 mg

B12 sublingual or injections

Probiotics

Magnesium (Mag Oil would be a good idea too)

Blood donation can also be a very good thing when trying to reverse neural damage. Perhaps the most important factor in this would be controlling blood sugar, hence the vitamin E, r-lipoic acid, and n-acetyl cysteine (taken shortly after meals).
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely try some. He only eats homemade meals that my mom cooks. So it's all pretty healthy. He just seems to be getting gradually weaker on his left side.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:08 am

Physical threapy would probably be the best remedy. Not sure about supplements though. You can't supplement all your problems away, most of the time it takes work.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 am

Would agree with shaftless on the physical therapy. Much safer and more precise than trying my method.

And also with Slowmoe, about the physicality. I think supplements can be very useful, especially the phospholipids in this situation. They are protective of the myelin. But I do agree that actually manipulating the body can have tremendous benefits.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down