Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results

+2
NDW
Grub
6 posters

Go down

FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  Empty FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results

Post  Grub Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:25 pm

I have just logged onto 23andme.com and have read that there will be no more interpretation of health results regarding DNA tests pending an FDA decision.

"December 6 2013: Pending an FDA decision, 23andMe no longer offers new customers access to health reports. Customers who received their health information prior to November 22, 2013 will still be able to see their health reports, but those who purchased after that time will only receive their ancestry information as well as access to their uninterpreted raw data. These new customers may receive health reports in the future dependent on FDA marketing authorization"

https://www.23andme.com/health/

Is this an undeniable attempt by the FDA to keep us all sick and ill?

Grub

Back to top Go down

FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  Empty Re: FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results

Post  NDW Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:02 am

Na. 23andme is a rogue company. There is actually a class action lawsuit against them. They have been ignoring the FDA. FDA just doing its job.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  Empty Re: FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results

Post  droddy Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:28 am

"Genes" controlling our health is one of the silliest ideas coursing through the veins of medical culture. If anyone is interested, check out Cold War in Biology by Carl C. Lindengren.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:31 am

23andme.com provided good services.  Just two possibilities that it told people to look into were hemochromatosis and MTHFR.  That they should look into it further if they have just these two common issues. 

That they may need frequent blood donations if they have the common hemochromatosis (iron overload) issue which is common in those of European descent.  And another is they may need to supplement folate if they have common MTHFR issue.

Personally see no reason to ban the services they gave and in my eyes is the equivalent of modern day book burning or revoking licenses away from doctors who don't follow the standard narrow protocols given to them.  People do not need less information given to them.  They need more information.  If they use the information wrong, then it was that persons fault.  Not 23andme.com's.    

Here's one quote   

After years of living with fibromyalgia, fatigue, anxiety, panic, demyelination of white brain matter, multiple lesions on the brain, MS like symptoms, internal bleeding, septic shock, pulmonary embolisms, brain aneurysm, dissected carotid artery, hashimoto’s and just overall declining health, I decided it was time to give up or dig deeper and get DNA analysis. I first went to the geneticist who told me there was no need to check any further and that they would not be able to tell me why I was sick and only declining. I mentioned to this doctor that I was going to look into 23andme. He told me that 23andme was useless and too hard to understand. Little does he know that because of 23andme, I’m getting my life back. At one time I was on over 20 prescription medications a day and now I am down to two. In the next year I hope to be off of the other two medications.
http://www.mthfrsupport.com/sharing-mthfr-and-23andme-stories/ 

Business as Usual: FDA Prevents Citizens from Analyzing Their Own DNA

FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  Natural+health

On November 22, the FDA sent a warning letter to 23andMe.com to stop its inexpensive ($99 per test) “do-it-yourself” genetic testing service for health screening and ancestry purposes, because consumers could be “misled” and harm themselves by “self-treating.” For example, the FDA posits that an individual who learns they have a predilection for cancer would, as a result, undergo unnecessary preventive surgery, chemotherapy, and other “morbidity-inducing actions.”

The FDA’s argument is, quite clearly, a straw man: of course patients have to obtain medical advice before making major health decisions—it’s not as if consumers can go under the knife without significant medical consultation! The FDA’s true message is clear: because individuals can’t be trusted to make sound health decisions, they don’t have a right to private information on their own DNA.

It’s also worth noting that FDA action against 23andMe was sparked, in part, by a complaint by UnitedHealth Group, the largest publicly traded health insurer. UnitedHealth isn’t exactly an unbiased observer—they want access to information about your DNA. After all, if individuals were allowed to keep their DNA test data private, they wouldn’t have to share their results with insurers who, for example, could use an inherited health risk to deny insurance or charge exorbitant rates.

The FDA’s stance on DIY genetic testing could very well drive up healthcare costs. Besides premiums being raised on those forced to report DNA results to insurance companies, in-office testing is far more expensive. As tests are priced anywhere from $300 to $3,500, this could significantly add to the overall cost of healthcare.

-------
This, of course, should be unconstitutional. However, violation of citizen's right has become the norm due to special interest groups.

We do, from time to time, have national heroes who effectively deal with government suppression. The CEO of Uber Taxi shows how to do itTesla Motors is using similar strategies to bypass car dealer monopolies that suppress competition. 

As Harvard Business Review points out, the healthcare system is in need of total disruption as it suppresses innovation that causing increased deaths in the population. This is one of the reasons that the U.S. healthcare system is number 38 in the world, roughly equivalent to some developing nations. Yet many of our citizens think U.S. healthcare is the best in the world because we spend more money per capita on healthcare than any other nation.

1FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_France.svg France4
2FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Italy.svg Italy11
3FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  40px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg San Marino21
4FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  43px-Flag_of_Andorra.svg Andorra23
5FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Malta.svg Malta37
6FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg Singapore38
7FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Spain.svg Spain24
8FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Oman.svg Oman62
9FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Austria.svg Austria6
10FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Japan.svg Japan13
11FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  41px-Flag_of_Norway.svg Norway16
12FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg Portugal27
13FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  38px-Flag_of_Monaco.svg Monaco12
14FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Greece.svg Greece30
15FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  42px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg Iceland14
16FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg Luxembourg5
17FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg Netherlands9
18FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg United Kingdom26
19FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg Ireland25
20FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  32px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg Switzerland2
21FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg Belgium15
22FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg Colombia49
23FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg Sweden7
24FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg Cyprus39
25FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Germany.svg Germany3
26FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg Saudi Arabia63
27FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.svg United Arab Emirates35
28FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  41px-Flag_of_Israel.svg Israel19
29FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg Morocco99
30FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Canada.svg Canada10
31FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Finland.svg Finland18
32FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Australia.svg Australia17
33FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  45px-Flag_of_Chile.svg Chile44
34FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg Argentina15
35FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  40px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg Denmark8
36FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Dominica.svg Dominica70
37FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_Costa_Rica.svg Costa Rica50
38FDA have banned interpretation of health related DNA results  46px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg United States1

http://blog.frequencyfoundation.com/2013/12/business-as-usual-fda-prevents-citizens.html

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:21 am

Notice how the FDA has not banned similar services of similar companies. It was only 23andme. From a consumer's perspective I'm sure they are a great company, but from a regulatory one, they are fools.
NDW
NDW

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 am

My guess is that the medical cartel, which includes the FDA wants to keep consumer access and independence limited, so that we will be subject to their inflated prices.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:12 am

I've never heard of any other DIY testing.  If one does exist please post it here as it would benefit many people that I can send it to.    

Thank you.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Dear 23andMe Customers,

I wanted to reach out to you about the FDA letter that was sent to 23andMe last Friday.

It is absolutely critical that our consumers get high quality genetic data that they can trust. We have worked extensively with our lab partner to make sure that the results we return are accurate. We stand behind the data that we return to customers - but we recognize that the FDA needs to be convinced of the quality of our data as well.

23andMe has been working with the FDA to navigate the correct regulatory path for direct-to-consumer genetic tests. This is new territory, not just for 23andMe, but for the FDA as well. The FDA is an important partner for 23andMe and we will be working hard to move forward with them.

I apologize for the limited response to the questions many of you have raised regarding the letter and its implications for the service. We don't have the answers to all of those questions yet, but as we learn more we will update you.

I am committed to providing each of you with a trusted consumer product rooted in high quality data that adheres to the best scientific standards. All of us at 23andMe believe that genetic information can lead to healthier lives.

Thank you for your loyalty to 23andMe. Please refer to our 23andMe blog for updates on this process.

Anne Wojcicki
Co-founder and CEO, 23andMe
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down