Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help

2 posters

Go down

OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help Empty OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 am

I seem to be very sensitive to changes in libido so Im wondering maybe my estrogen levels might be out of whack.

I know there are a ton of other reasons, but Im asking only for estrogen related info in this post.

Thanks in advance to anyone in the know!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help Empty Re: OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:16 am

does anyone have any knowledge of this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help Empty Re: OT: what is the most important estrogen related blood level to check in men? (related to low libido) Is it estradiol? Please help

Post  Gates Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Estradiol is the most important, as it is the most potent/active. In a blood test for a male, you'll be tested on either estradiol or estrone, or both. But it will more than likely be just estradiol. Its not one of the cheaper of the blood tests, so you probably won't have it done period unless you are displaying what the community sees as male estrogen-related issues: breast tissue, delayed puberty, or certain cancers.

Not sure what else you'd like to know about it.

Just scour Google for information related to estradiol. I'm not that educated on estrone's effects in men, so I can't speak to it.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Interesting study done on a mutant male unable to produce aromatase. Symptoms of what can occur due to a lack of estrogen. Note the loss in bone density. And the hyperinsulinemia.

Apparently he also had huge balls and a testosterone level that's just ridiculous haha.

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem.80.12.8530621

There appears to be an ideal range for estradiol in males, as it concerns virility and libido.

Estrogen deficiency can lead to loss of libido in males and hampered erectile function. But elevated estrogen can hamper sexual function as well, and its been shown in a few mice models that aromatase inhibition led to better sexual functioning/behavior in male rats.

So as far as specifics on the numbers, you'll have to take a look around. You'll find a great deal of talk about this at any forum related to weight training, and particularly in threads on steroids and cycling them (including post-cycle therapy protocols), as estrogen control is essentially the crux of this. Guys often share what they feel to be the sweet spot for estrogen levels, but I've seen different recommendations. And its really going to end up being based on how you feel - assuming you are within the normal range. Clinically, you aren't going to find information on what the optimal level is. Within the normal reference range of 15-60 pg/ml I've seen some men report feeling their best at 20, while others say closer to 40 is healthiest (given the long term effects on bone density).

So do some research, get tested if you feel its a problem for you. Testosterone is also heavily involved in your libido, and if you're having symptoms you should probably have this tested as well. I wouldn't advise going on any protocol to alter steroid hormone levels without the data first. Doing it blindly is probably going to make it worse in the end. Libido can be effected by many factors, not just the steroids.

I also hesitate to recommend any of the plant-based solutions for controlling estrogens. Things like the flavones, i.e. chrysin. There are others. The problems all have to do with a lack of information. These things have pro- or anti-estrogenic effects depending on the cell and the tissue. Potency/dose/effectiveness/bioavailability questions also muck it up.

For controlling estrogen synthesis, I believe the best thing you can do is to lower body fat levels. Hands down. Aside from that, zinc at higher dosages (http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/zinc-strong-aromatase-inhibitor-must-read-203062.html ; some interesting reads here).

It is probably more controversial, but a short-term cycle of an aromatase inhibitor such as anastrozole has in my experience shown to to correct the pituitary-gonadal axis like a second-puberty almost. I mention this as a point to research. Don't jump on one willy nilly. Seriously.

Boron demonstrates estrogen-lowering actions. (http://www.ergo-log.com/boron.html)

Selenium, B-vitamins, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids also help in better estrogen metabolism.

Based on my own research, the ratio of estrogen-to-testosterone is more important and you want to get closer to the 1:200 mark.

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down