Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane?

3 posters

Go down

Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? Empty Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane?

Post  gonzalito Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 pm

I´ve been taking DIM for estrogen management the last 3/4 months, with -I think- great results (I´ve lost some rebel fat in chest as a plus, testosterone rise, etc)... And these days I´ve been reading a lot about sulforaphane and got curious about it...

The fact is that DIM is much more expensive than Sulforaphane, but... Is Sulforaphane better o equal to DIM? This is what I´m asking here...

By the way, I´m talking about plain sulforaphane, and not the precursor (sulforaphane glucosinolate)... As far as I understand, the last one depends on on the presence of an enzyme in broccoli called myrosinase, that is released when the broccoli is chewed. This enzyme converts the precursor for sulforaphane in broccoli into active sulforaphane. But without the presence of myrosinase, the conversion to active sulforaphane is negligible. There is some conversion in the colon through the action of intestinal bacteria, but the amount of sulforaphane absorbed from this route is thought to be very low.

Thanks for the help, people!

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? Empty Re: Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane?

Post  Biffy Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 am

Bumping this, I would like to know that too. After reading about DIM causing shedding, I am really scarred to try it.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane? Empty Re: Estrogen metabolism: DIM or sulforaphane?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:25 pm

what's your diet like ?

what is your goal here ? what's the mission ? to reduce estrogen ?

vitamin d
coconut oil
glycine or gelatin powder, both very similar
raw carrot eaten daily can raise thyroid function, lower inflammation, and reduce excess estrogen

will reduce estrogen

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:58 am

Diet far from perfect, but I try to avoid pasteurized milk, hydrogenated oils, cereals, refined carbohydrates as much as I can.

My goal with DIM would be to - lower MMP-9 and lower 5ar/DHT.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:19 am

Biffy wrote:
My goal with DIM would be to - lower MMP-9 and lower 5ar/DHT.

DIM / sulfoprophrane does neither.

I thought you were trying to reduce estrogen ?

Make up your mind.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:57 am

I think you are wrong on this one - look at the evidence.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down