Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects

5 posters

Go down

minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects Empty iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects

Post  rio123 Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:08 am

hi,

i have been applying iodine/castor oil and minoxidil on my skin for the passed 10 months or so, and i have noticed several side effects.

these are
fatigue, letheragy, vission issues (blurring and inability to focus properly), also sexual dysfunction and insomnia and foul moods, my eyes feel like they hve pressure inside them.

im beginning to think minoxidil is having some serious issues on my health and have sttopped it siz weeks ago. i have stopped iodine/castor oil 2 weeks ago.

anyone can help and provide some insight into my situation.

rio123

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects Empty Re: iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects

Post  rio123 Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:08 am

could this be related to blood pressure issues?

rio123

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects Empty Re: iodine overdose/ possible minoxidil side effects

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 am

i get a very racy heart and anxiety and insomnia with minox 5%
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:46 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:i get a very racy heart and anxiety and insomnia with minox 5%
my muscles feel weak to.

am i hypothyroid from the iodine overdose?

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

after i started minoxidil/iodine my eyelids started too twicth too.

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Minoxidil = eye lid problems

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:37 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Minoxidil = eye lid problems
i really dont know, ive never had eye twitches in my life until i started applying minodiil and iodine.
one of them is the culprit and ever since then my health has detorioted i feel very anxious, depressed, insomnia, muscle weekness, sexual dysfunction, water sperm, no morning wood.

im pretty confident now minox can cause sexual dysfunction, which the general view was that it did not.

certain blood pressure medications list sexual dysfunction as side effects, minxodil is no different either.

im just concerned if these sides are permanant or reversible once stoppping.

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 am

Iodine is needed by every cell in the human body. Minoxidil is needed by none.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Iodine is needed by every cell in the human body. Minoxidil is needed by none.
fair point

im aware too much iodine or an overdose can cause hypothyroidism

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/08/iodine-is-important-but-new-study-shows-too-much-causes-problems.aspx

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 pm

im beginning to think i may be suffering from HYPERthyroidism rather than HYPOthyroidism. my symptoms fit with hyperthyroidism.

i have stopped using iodine. is there any way to reduce or balance iodine levels out?

i assume time is all it will take for the excess iodine to be flushed out.

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:22 pm

rio123 wrote:im beginning to think i may be suffering from HYPERthyroidism rather than HYPOthyroidism. my symptoms fit with hyperthyroidism.

i have stopped using iodine. is there any way to reduce or balance iodine levels out?

hyper is lack of iodine also.

fwiw, i was on mixoxil for a short amount of time, until i had to stop because it was causing me to feel very spaced out and confused... very strange feeling it gave me. my dad took it before and it forced his eyes to go shut for like a day, then thye went back to normal. i'd stay away from it.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:12 pm

I agree with Sanderson. The particular Mercola article in the comment section, I wrote a rather scathing rebuttal, along with others. Mercola is absolutely wrong in that article.

Iodine address both hypo and hyper-thyroidism.

Don't forget the selenium in either case.
Also, don't forget the copper.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 am

If you don't have any negative reactions with 12.5 mg, is that a good or bad sign?

Of positives I can only report somewhat softer skin.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I agree with Sanderson. The particular Mercola article in the comment section, I wrote a rather scathing rebuttal, along with others. Mercola is absolutely wrong in that article.

Iodine address both hypo and hyper-thyroidism.

Don't forget the selenium in either case.
Also, don't forget the copper.
so there is no such thing as "too much" iodine?

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 am

sanderson wrote:
rio123 wrote:im beginning to think i may be suffering from HYPERthyroidism rather than HYPOthyroidism. my symptoms fit with hyperthyroidism.

hyper is lack of iodine also.

fwiw, i was on mixoxil for a short amount of time, until i had to stop because it was causing me to feel very spaced out and confused... very strange feeling it gave me. my dad took it before and it forced his eyes to go shut for like a day, then thye went back to normal. i'd stay away from it.
the symptoms for both hyper and hypo are pretty much similar. ive been using iodine so im pretty much certain its not due to a lack of iodine, so therefore im assuming im hyperthyroid.

ive stopped minxodil and iodine too. minox approx 4 weeks ago and ioodine 2 weeks ago.

rio123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down