Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Post workout soreness EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Post workout soreness EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Post workout soreness EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Post workout soreness EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Post workout soreness EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Post workout soreness EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Post workout soreness EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Post workout soreness EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Post workout soreness EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Post workout soreness

5 posters

Go down

Post workout soreness Empty Post workout soreness

Post  bh1546 Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:02 am

People say that when you initially start working out you get really sore for the first couple of weeks and the soreness get less and less as you continue on.

I am underweight you could say and started working out again recently. When I workout however I get super sore every time I workout. This can be 6 months down the road. I was wondering if there was something that my body is lacking that is causing this soreness to be so extensive?

Sometimes the soreness lasts for about a week from one workout. I feel like I shouldnt be working out after skipping a day from being so sore. I take whey protein shakes added with fruits, vitamin C, MSM, L glutamine, and BCAAs. Any input much appreciated.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post workout soreness Empty Re: Post workout soreness

Post  gonzalito Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:32 am

How many days a wek do you train?
How many days IN the week you train the same muscles?

Maybe you´re overtraining...

gonzalito

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 am

Drop the vitamin C from the post-workout shake. During healing, you do not want to be taking excess amounts of C. Its counterproductive to the inflammatory process in the muscle.

Healing is different for everyone and has a lot to do with the immune system. I get extremely sore as well and that is after years of working out regularly.

First of all, your training is important. Don't overdo any one muscle group. 3-4 sets of a heavy load (4-6) reps is plenty for a single muscle group. If you want to toss in an iso movement on top of that, you'd probably be fine. But bumping up volume beyond that isn't that productive and can actually be counter-productive. If you go and look at the training style of Dorian Yates and some other competitive muscle builders, the idea is to get the muscle "warm" with a few preemptive sets and then limit your work sets to around two sets total. Those sets do the damage, much more and you begin to dig yourself a hole that the body has trouble getting out of, i.e. your body is doing more work to fill the hole you created rather than filling the hole and building on top of it. Does that make sense?

Also, get around 10 grams BCAA after the workout. Glutamine helps as well, which I see you've added. One shake may not be enough, however. You want to aim for around 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Getting a sufficient amount of calories period will help with soreness, which is why training on a cut is so shitty.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Cold showers and ice baths help to reduce soreness as it is caused by lactic acid. If you pull the blood out of your muscles with cold temperature, you will be less sore. It's a technique body builders use and the guys from the movie "300" used.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I might try a shake in the morning and one at night and see how that works. Maybe I am not getting enough protein. When I go full week workout I usually limit each muscle group to once a week due to the soreness. I will do chest and tris Monday, Back and bis Tues or Wed, legs on Thursday, and then Friday shoulders mixed with a few other workouts. I am quite thin like I said and it takes a lot for me to gain muscle mass.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:28 pm

To gain muscle mass, eat like crazy and do legs in the beginning of the week. The reason for doing legs first is that it increases your testosterone for the rest of the week with heavy exercises like deadlifts and squats.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:01 am

Stretch and foam roll. This helps me with soreness A LOT! speeds recovery like crazy.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down