Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others)

+4
alphadelta
CausticSymmetry
Xenon
YAER
8 posters

Go down

New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) Empty New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others)

Post  YAER Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am

After some other poster caught my attention on how thyme and oregano activate TRPV3 which causes hair loss i decided to dig deeper as i was having the opposite effect and my hair was getting better, due to it inhibiting il-6,il-1, tgf b 1 & 2,cox 2 inflammatory markers(pgd2 etc) and increase glutathione levels which are decreased in balding heads and they also decrease TNF A, all of these are major factors for hair loss and are the prime suspects. I have found that i negated the effect of activated TRPV3 my refrigerating the oils which negates the activation and deactivates the receptor, so i receive their benefits without activating TRPV3 which is mainly activated by warm temperature, this supports what u have been saying concerning high head temperature and hair loss. I found what i think is to be very helpful for the CS,XENON and Mastery and others.

"TRPV3 is highly expressed in skin keratinocytes. It forms a nonselective cation channel that is activated by hot temperatures in the innocuous and noxious range. The channel is also expressed in oral and nasal cavities where it has been postulated to play a role in flavor sensation. TRPV3 is also implicated as a molecular target of some allergens and skin sensitizers."

Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid-3 inhibits human hair growth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21593771

YAER

Back to top Go down

New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) Empty Re: New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others)

Post  Xenon Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am

Very nice information YAER.

BTW I take it that this means that TRPV3 also promotes calcification inside cells? "Human ORS keratinocytes also expressed functional TRPV3, whose stimulation induced membrane currents, elevated intracellular calcium concentration, inhibited proliferation, and induced apoptosis"

Edited to add: If TRPV3 does promote calcification, then this may explain why I have patches of whiter skin in the exact areas where I have lost my hair. This very interesting stuff, YAER.

And while on the heat subject, I came across a Chinese herbalist's view on MPB:

"I talked to a Chinese Herbal Doctor before and he said something very similar. People that have hairloss
have a buildup of negative energy in their heads. In Chinese medicine, energy is a type of heat, and all the heat that
the body produces is released through the head. People with hairloss have trouble releasing the heat and this
accelerates hair loss. Thus people with hairloss tend to have hotter heads. In Chinese medicine, hats accelerate hair loss because the heat that needs to be released becomes retained."
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others) Empty Re: New Discovery and buildup on your research (XENON,CS,Mastery and others)

Post  YAER Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 am

Agreed, i think chinese and indian doctors are very knowledgeable in regards to hair loss, i actually think calcification of scalp is what causes the pain in it we accompany sometimes, since scalp calcification is associated with zinc tissue deficiency and zinc protects the scalp from calcification i think the pain one gets is the scalp getting calcified.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3394157

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:46 pm

I'll have to start taking zinc supplements. Interestingly enough, I started taking zinc many years ago, and I recall how much it improved my skin and hair health, but I think I took too much of a high does, and it started making me feel nauseous.

I wonder also if drinking multiple cups of tea with calcium rich milk, every day, since I was a child, has assisted in this calcification process? I stopped drinking tea because it was causing my scalp to overheat. So it could be that the increased heat (caused by tea) activated TRPV3, which then caused too many calcium salts (from milk) to deposit in the scalp tissue.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Iv found zinc to be very tricky, too much caused me a shed due to an increase in testosterone and a block of aromatase and too little caused me scalp pain accompanied by a shed. Ill try and monitor closely my situation and tune my dose accordingly.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 am

TRPV (Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid) has been a real curious thing...ever since this paper it answered a lot of questions about things like Cayenne.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15793280

Since the early 90's I tried Cayenne as a folk remedy (topically), which after some applications the heat will come down and eventually substance P is suppressed. All in all, trying this many times, there were a lot of problems...it didn't seem to work very well and incidences like burning one's "package" wasn't too fun, not to mention burning eyes as it drips from the scalp in the shower.

Then, there is the internal use...a very small amount 2 mg will increase IGF-1, but taking larger amounts leaves to losing plenty of hair...from my own personal experience as also what this study above suggests.

Since that time, TRPV has been on the radar and ongoing research points it to many things (CB1, CB2, sweat glands, on and on).

I was also thing since Xenon rediscovered the heat factor, that how Ayurveda medicine and TCM have recognized hot and cold foods:  "a person who eats cold food (yin) on a cold, damp day (yin) may experience excessive mucus (yin). Similarly, a person who performs strenuous activity (yang) on a hot day (yang) might experience dehydration with a fever (yang). Some of the traditional diagnoses sound like weather reports, such as "wind and cold with dampness" (a yin condition) or a "deficiency of moisture leading to fire" (a yang pattern)."

YAER - Really interesting about the chilling effect of the spices.

I remember a few years ago there was a discussion about playing stressful video games and hair loss. I haven't had time to really get into it so much...but several years ago I had some time to burn..and while I was playing, I took a lot of cayenne capsules along with ginger in a single capsule). The cold chill, the accentuated feeling on the scalp, it all seemed to be like gasoline.  I lost more hair during those few days as any time it ever was at its worst.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 am

I remember a few years ago there was a discussion about playing stressful video games and hair loss. I haven't had time to really get into it so much...but several years ago I had some time to burn..and while I was playing, I took a lot of cayenne capsules along with ginger in a single capsule). The cold chill, the accentuated feeling on the scalp, it all seemed to be like gasoline.  I lost more hair during those few days as any time it ever was at its worst.
I'm glad you brought this up (about video games and hairloss) because I didn't have the balls to do it myself, as i just didn't think people would get it at all. Instead, i created a thread on a non-hairloss forum to gauge people's reaction to it, and to find out whether or not they also noticed hairloss from playing video games.

I recall very clearly, when I was in my late teens / mid twenties how stressed out I'd become from playing games too long (I'd play them for hours and hours, everyday). My adrenal glands became overactive and I specifically recall my scalp becoming very hot and inflamed. It was around that time my hairline started to steadily recede.

I hardly play video games these days, but I've noticed that games which evoke emotions of fear and frustration really cause my scalp to inflame. That's precisely why I try not to play too long, or become to engrossed in them.

But, yes... never knew this had been a subject of discussion before.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

hm i wonder if the type of games matters too

maybe some games trigger the fight n flight system and maybe there some other ones that would have beneficial effects?

i am thinking i might be also what can go along with gaming for example sitting hours in front of the screen, blocks of sedentary activity do raise inflammation in the body Leisure Time Spent Sitting in Relation to Total Mortality in a Prospective Cohort of US Adults

or that frequent gaming reduces exposure to beneficial sun? ... otherwise junkfood that is consumed while playing may play a role

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:57 am

alphadelta - Those aspects probably do not help either. Any game that accentuates the fight or flight response. Way back when it was DOOM...so kind of like fighting for your life with constant surprises.

Getting enough minerals in, pausing to take a break from sitting, exposure to enough sun light may help counter these effects.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Soy Isoflavones (NOT feminizing according to meta study) and Cayenne boost IGF-1 and grow hair.

Like many things here, Cayenne has been demonized with little sense and n=1 experiences.

Trying mega doses is wrong. Actually, in research they used up to 6mg of capsaicin, a dose that is naturally achieved in the diets of some populations eating larger amounts of peppers.

Capsaicin with Soy Iso's OR with Curcumin+Resveratrol, are unlike other treatments, proven.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:21 pm

One thing that I forgot to mention is that capsaicin can raise intestinal permeability, at least in gut challenged people.

I'm looking at ginger and even vanilla as a replacement or adjuvants to capsaicin, although nothing's wrong with capsaicin except for tolerance for some people and the possible raise of permeability.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 am

I hardly play video games these days, but I've noticed that games which evoke emotions of fear and frustration really cause my scalp to inflame. That's precisely why I try not to play too long, or become to engrossed in them.
While I don't play video games, IMO it may be due to decreased lymphatic system from holding breath.  

IMO, most of the benefits from manual methods that are popular on this forum this year are due to stimulating lymphatic drainage and less to do with increased circulation.  

There are methods to increase circulation but IME they do not hold as much benefit as methods that stimulate lymphatic drainage.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:30 am

Could also explain why I continue to improve and still do headstands and jump rope every day. Those two things are supposedly good for drainage.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 am

inclined bed therapy is supposed to help with lymph drainage. I've been using it for a few months. i think it helped my back but can't really say if it did anything else. Hopefully results will come later.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:20 am

RisingFist wrote:Hopefully results will come later.
Hi RisingFist,

If you mean regarding hair loss, I should mention as a disclaimer, I wouldn't count on any regimen that only uses manual methods/lymphatic drainage or increased blood circulation to stop hair loss.  

I know a lot of people are looking for one method to stop hair loss but it's not as simple as that unless one gets a grasp on the autoimmune cause for their hair loss.  Understanding and fighting autoimmune issues can get a little complicated and everyone is a little different so have to try additional methods.  

I hope this makes sense.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:24 pm

rdkml wrote:
RisingFist wrote:Hopefully results will come later.
Hi RisingFist,

If you mean regarding hair loss, I should mention as a disclaimer, I wouldn't count on any regimen that only uses manual methods/lymphatic drainage or increased blood circulation to stop hair loss.  

I know a lot of people are looking for one method to stop hair loss but it's not as simple as that unless one gets a grasp on the autoimmune cause for their hair loss.  Understanding and fighting autoimmune issues can get a little complicated and everyone is a little different so have to try additional methods.  

I hope this makes sense.
I know, I definitely am adding other things. There is still diet and stress that I need to work on. I removed my amalgam a few months ago and am now doing a light heavy metal detox. My gut needs healing. Just hope with enough effort and perseverance it will be enough. I think if I go about it the right way it's possible to get some regrowth at the very least.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down