Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok?

+3
RisingFist
Growdamnit
sizzlinghairs
7 posters

Go down

Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? Empty Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok?

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:49 am

Hey guys, so Ive just started to incoorporate rolling with a 1.5 mm roller 1nce/week.

My question, is it ok to brush the *day* after a rolling session? Will it impair the healing process?

Prior I was brushing everyday, but yesterday I did not brush as I rolled the day before that. But that was only due to my paranoia..

But what do you guys think? Better to wait a day?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? Empty Re: Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok?

Post  Growdamnit Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 am

I roll with a 1mm. I brush the same day, but not as harsh. Personally, it does not impair the healing process.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok? Empty Re: Revisited: Brushing the *day* after a dermarolling session, is it ok?

Post  RisingFist Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:00 am

If you brush for a long time you will just open up the wounds the day after. I don't know if it's enough time to let it heal. Why not message instead for that day? I also suggest trying to dermaroll once in 10 days or 2 weeks. Don't forget the guys who dermaroll do not do any other manual methods for the most part. The studies says it takes 14 days for the scalp to heal from needling. You can always go back to once a week later on but I would try once in 2 weeks or so for a few months along with other methods. Don't rush it, as long as you're seeing improvements thats already huge so make sure you're safe and not damaging the scalp too much.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:29 am

Any other thoughts on this?

I brush with olive oil rubbed into the scalp. It gives better friction and olive is good for the hair as it is.

Maybe Ill just brush lightly the following day.

*edit: rising, do you think 2 days off brushing is sufficient or brushing lightly the day after? To let the rolling wounds close enough?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Any other thoughts on this?

I brush with olive oil rubbed into the scalp. It gives better friction and olive is good for the hair as it is.

Maybe Ill just brush lightly the following day.

*edit: rising, do you think 2 days off brushing is sufficient or brushing lightly the day after? To let the rolling wounds close enough?
I'd say as long as the brushing isn't causing too much pain you should be ok? My scalp usually FEELS brushable 2 days after needling.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:48 am

what size needle are you using slow?

I brushed 1 day after needling, I have a 1.5mm needle. The brushing felt maybe a little more sensitive, but similar to other days where I felt on the upside of friction vs days where I felt less. So nothing out of the ordinary.

Another point to note is that I don't push very hard when I needle (although blood still comes). I was wondering, how hard does everyone push down when needling? Is it essential to results to apply a decent amount of pressure I wonder? (even with 1.5mm etc)

Logically though, it feels like I should wait 2 days.. Im hoping I didnt scar any follicles! Jeez :/

*ahh, just remembered, slowmoe, you are needling your *whole* scalp correct? ( I just needly my temples). Maybe thats why you only felt able after 2 days..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:47 pm

2 days is at least better but is it good enough? I don't really know if it let's the scalp heal on a profound level. The scalp either heals and adapts to your regimen, or there's damage being accumulated. The people in the study only did needling and no other added trauma. There are no long term studies to say what would happen. It's possible that you'll be fine especially if you have a diet that helps your body heal and be healthy. There are some people who brush vigorously for a few years and they seem to be fine so far so that says something right threre. Either way, tread carefully. Try to listen to your body, if things feel bad, take a break.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:56 am

"I brushed 1 day after needling, I have a 1.5mm needle. "

If you can brush 1 day after dermarolling, you are not dermarolling good/hard enough. I also do it with an 1.5mm and almost 3 days later I am able to touch those areas. It does hurt like hell but it seems to grow some hairs. Time will tell if it is worth it or not...

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:23 am

Hmm, maybe Im not pushing down hard enough then.. I was wondering about that..

Dreft, how much pressure do you apply? Even without pressure, its rather intense.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:43 am

I've been rolling lately too, and the slight redness hangs around for about 2 days. During that time there's no way I could brush... it's way too sensitive. The skin has a constant rough feeling to it, so hopefully in time there will be hair. For the record, I tend to push down quite a bit, using a .5mm.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSCO Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 am

I've also wondered about how much pressure to exert with the dermaroller.  I use a .5 mm roller and have experimented with increasing the level of pressure.  I've been starting the roller session with light pressure.  In a short period of time the level of pain decreases and I can increase the pressure.  I've pressed to the point where my scalp looks like it is bleeding.  When I rub my finger on the blood red areas, I find no blood on my finger.  The blood apparently is just below skin level.  I was concerned about how I will be able to walk around with a bloody looking head but to my relief, the blood is reabsorbed and there is no sign of it after about 20 minutes.  My concern is am I overdoing it?  This certainly brings a lot of blood flow to the surface but is it causing damage?

BOSCO

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Hmm, maybe Im not pushing down hard enough then.. I was wondering about that..

Dreft, how much pressure do you apply?
Smile How could I answer that question?!...I can't say how much pressure I apply since it is not quantifiable, I know that two days later the scalp still hurts. Was saying if yours doesn't, you did not apply enough pressure. Or maybe mine is more sensitive.
At the end I put ionic Ag-Cu-Au.
I also do it on a small region on my face to test (I have a lot of acne scars) and all I can say is the facial skin has much more fat that the balding scalp region (can see by the way the skin is pierced).

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:43 am

Well, I have a 1.5mm, which is the max we can use, and I was able to brush the next day, no problem. I did draw a little blood when rolling, but still, sensitivity wise, I was able to do a regular brush session with no issues.

Maybe I shouldve pushed down harder.

But now im paranoid I ruined some follicles!! You guys think I ruined any follicles from brushing the day after rolling?? My hairline definitely shed some after rolling and usually I notice the regrowth quite quick when I shed, but this time, it barely seems to be coming in and staying thin. Arg, this is only 1 time though, not like Ive been abusing the hell out of my scalp for weeks with rolling/brushing/rolling/brushing, etc etc. You guys think Im ok? (I can be a bit OCD yes...)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:38 am

Bumping.

Is my concern far fetched in terms of damaging follicles? It seems my hairline has never shed like this, and then taken this long to start showing signs of regrowth of shed hairs.

Hmm, what would be the signs of an irreversibly damaged follicle, scar tissue? (maybe I should settle down)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:08 am

"The studies says it takes 14 days for the scalp to heal from needling." -RisingFist

In light of what rising fist said there, do you guys think its ok to start brushing 3 days after needling? (1.5mm)

Will it be healed enough? I brushed yesterday and it was 3 days after my last brushing session (which was 1 day after my needling session).

Guys think Im good to start brushing again?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Someone just call me out and tell me Im paranoid please (but you have to mean it,lol)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Por favor, can someone chip in here? As RisingFist mentioned in wounding studies, it takes 14 days for needling wounds to heal.

But others have started 3 days after.. Im not sure if I should take a week off in light of what Rising said, or just be ok with the 4 days Ive taken off?

Someone, anyone, your gut opinion on this? (dont want to jeapordize my follicles...)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down