Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyWed Sep 18, 2024 11:28 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyThu Sep 12, 2024 8:49 am by CausticSymmetry

» Removing contaminants from water
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:27 am by shaftless

» Association between androgenetic alopecia and periodontitis
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:51 am by CausticSymmetry

» Androgen Receptor-Mediated Paracrine Signaling Induces Regression of Blood Vessels in the Dermal Papilla in Androgenetic Alopecia
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm by Atlas

» Whats the deal with colloidal silver?
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 2:33 am by CausticSymmetry

» Aged polystyrene microplastics exacerbate alopecia associated with tight junction injuries and apoptosis via oxidative stress pathway in skin
Detumescence + DR + nofap log EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence + DR + nofap log

+7
Duketronix
JDawg
Golden_Shower
Hairbeback
Complexx
NonAlcoholic Vodka
schpiloch123
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Detumescence + DR + nofap log Empty Detumescence + DR + nofap log

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:20 am

Tomorrow I should be receiving all the equipment I need to begin this experiment.

The 23rd of this month will be my 20th day using Detumescence therapy twice a day for 20 minutes. My method differs slightly from the one in the Omics study: instead of using my hands I use two of these brushes.

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I0QJNNG?cache=9cbf5718b002a3d7d3631755aef52563&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&qid=1405987383&sr=8-4#ref=mp_s_a_1_4)

One in each hand and apply firm pressure on my scalp and move in circulation motion. I used this method with some success about 18 months ago but have not used it for about a year. Details on success with this method can be found here:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=SLtLUMX6BdGUiQfbw4GoDg&hl=en&nv=1&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1195%26bih%3D861%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26&usg=ALkJrhgpYrA9yAZD-bF6xmdLgXiSJ2oFHA

Once I receive my derma roller I will begin rolling once a week for about 10 minutes. On the day I roll I will not massage and will resume massage 24 hrs after rolling. The derma roller I will use will be 1.5 mm. I expect pain and blood.

I have also be attempting nofap. I tried this about a year ago with great success ( not necessarily hair wise but on a physiological and psychological level).

In my mind these are the most potent natural ways we have to combat hair loss and ones that have science and evidence to back them up. My hope is that the DT and DR will break up fibrosis and improve circulation to the scalp - nofap I expect may help level out my hormones. I will do monthly photo updates.

I believe this will turn my hair loss around and give good regrowth.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Detumescence + DR + nofap log Empty Re: Detumescence + DR + nofap log

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 am

Before pictures (c.20 days DT)

CROWN DRY: https://servimg.com/view/18026564/8]Detumescence + DR + nofap log Img_2017[/url]

Crown wet: https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/02/65/64/img_2023.jpg

Crown wet 2: https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/02/65/64/img_2022.jpg

Left temple: https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/02/65/64/img_2019.jpg

Right temple: https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/02/65/64/img_2021.jpg

Would appreciate feedback on what norwood people think I am. I am early twenties.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  NonAlcoholic Vodka Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

sounds like were attempting the same thing. I'm a few weeks ahead of you but am trying to keep a monthly log as well. I would cut your hair shorter for a clearer view of your hair line progression but its not necessary. Be careful dermarolling. Keep it to once a week like you said

NonAlcoholic Vodka

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:41 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:Tomorrow I should be receiving all the equipment I need to begin this experiment.

The 23rd of this month will be my 20th day using Detumescence therapy twice a day for 20 minutes. My method differs slightly from the one in the Omics study: instead of using my hands I use two of these brushes.      

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I0QJNNG?cache=9cbf5718b002a3d7d3631755aef52563&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&qid=1405987383&sr=8-4#ref=mp_s_a_1_4)

One in each hand and apply firm pressure on my scalp and move in circulation motion. I used this method with some success about 18 months ago but have not used it for about a year. Details on success with this method can be found here:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=SLtLUMX6BdGUiQfbw4GoDg&hl=en&nv=1&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1195%26bih%3D861%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26&usg=ALkJrhgpYrA9yAZD-bF6xmdLgXiSJ2oFHA

Once I receive my derma roller I will begin rolling once a week for about 10 minutes. On the day I roll I will not massage and will resume massage 24 hrs after rolling. The derma roller I will use will be 1.5 mm. I expect pain and blood.

I have also be attempting nofap. I tried this about a year ago with great success ( not necessarily hair wise but on a physiological and psychological level).

In my mind these are the most potent natural ways we have to combat hair loss and ones that have science and evidence to back them up. My hope is that the DT and DR will break up fibrosis and improve circulation to the scalp - nofap I expect may help level out my hormones. I will do monthly photo updates.

Great post and regimen! I'm on board with the no fap and DT (along with some other stuff too) Let's do this man.

Btw, how long were you doing your signature version of DT 18 months ago and what type of progress did you experience?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:43 pm

NonAlcoholic Vodka wrote:sounds like were attempting the same thing. I'm a few weeks ahead of you but am trying to keep a monthly log as well. I would cut your hair shorter for a clearer view of your hair line progression but its not necessary. Be careful dermarolling. Keep it to once a week like you said

How far ahead are you, have you noticed any progress with this method? I should be getting a haircut this week or next. With my hair the way it is, I may well buzz it again. For the dermarolling I will be using povidone iodine before on my scalp and then will removed any blood after with some rubbing alcohol which should keep things clean up there. Let's hope this works

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Complexx wrote:
schpiloch123 wrote:Tomorrow I should be receiving all the equipment I need to begin this experiment.

Great post and regimen! I'm on board with the no fap and DT (along with some other stuff too) Let's do this man.

Btw, how long were you doing your signature version of DT 18 months ago and what type of progress did you experience?

Well I started brushing probably around April 2012 when I was a norwood 2 - 2.5. I then added papilla method during that summer. The first I heard about the massage with brush was around September 2012 but probably didn't start for a couple of months after. At this stage I was happy with my hair and the way it was recovering although I had frequent shedding phases. I'm not sure when exactly I started the massage but I think it was around Jan 2013. I only did it for about 10-15 minutes a day but 6-9 months later I couldn't have been happier with my hair it was thicker stronger and my hairline and crown were full. In September 2013 I was back to boar brushing only and pulling on my hair, but the big difference was I was so happy with my hair that I wasn't worried about it. In November 2013 I decided to shave it all off and liked the look but then completely fell off treating it for about 9 months and lost a shit load of hair. My hair right now is the worst its ever been.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Day 9 no fap little guy is not moving should I worry?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Golden_Shower Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:37 am

Hairbeback wrote:Day 9 no fap little guy is not moving should I worry?

No...I am on day 134 and it moves.Basically i had a wet dream the previous day.

Dont worry.After a while you will also decrease this idiotic non needed fantasizing.

Golden_Shower

Back to top Go down

Post  NonAlcoholic Vodka Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:04 am

How far ahead are you, have you noticed any progress with this method? I should be getting a haircut this week or next. With my hair the way it is, I may well buzz it again. For the dermarolling I will be using povidone iodine before on my scalp and then will removed any blood after with some rubbing alcohol which should keep things clean up there. Let's hope this works

I started a week before my first post so it might be a month at this point. For me, I'm focusing on diet and exercise just as much as the DT and DR itself. I just went to see my Trainer last night and the first thing he noticed was how my pelvis is overcompensating for my posture, sorta what Complex has talked about in some of his posts. I haven't see progress yet. I did quit fin and minox around the same time I started DT so the loss i've experiances is probably from that. If I were you I would buzz your head to a 1 blade. Go out and get some sun it will help with your skin complexion.

NonAlcoholic Vodka

Back to top Go down

Detumescence + DR + nofap log Empty update

Post  schpiloch123 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 am

Didn't receive my derma roller today or the rubbing alcohol. Hoping they arrive tomorrow.

I'm response to the nofap quiery: I think its normal to go through a period called flat lining during which your member may become irresponsive but it does pass.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 am

Literally just received my derma roller and rubbing alcohol. Now I have everything I need to begin adding dermarolling to my regimen.

I had a quick try on one of my temples and wow it really hurts.

I have a few questions. I have put the derma roller to sit in a cap full of alcohol to disinfect. How long should that take?

Hoping to have my first rolling session this evening. My plan is to prepare my clean scalp with povidone iodine. Roll for ten minutes and then wipe any excess blood from the scalp with alcohol. Do you guys think it will be safe to wash my hair after dermarolling or better to wait 24 hours?

I'll try and post some pics tonight after rolling.

P.S fapped today so back to square one on that front.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:00 am

good luck with the regimen, and way to take pics and keep a log!

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 am

Just finished my first session doing: 10 rolls front to back, ten rolls side to side and 10 diagonals (more or less)

Damn in hurt very much, its a pain that's hard to describe apart from saying it's like stabbing yourself over and over with tiny needles.

My scalp got hot and red but there wasn't too much bleeding. I really don't think I'm going hard enough. Can any body reccomend something to help numb my scalp. How effective is ice?

Going to do my Detumescence tonight also because it doesn't feel too sore up there.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  NonAlcoholic Vodka Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 am

Dont do DR and DT in the same day you need to give your body some time to heal. The roller takes some time to get used to btw.

NonAlcoholic Vodka

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 am

Thought it was bad to criss cross DR directions?

I also second the not doing DT and DR on the same day.... maybe do DT in the AM and then agian in PM and then do the DR at night before bed. No more DT until next night or day after. OR keep it light.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:35 pm

From what I've read a lot of places reccomend rolling across the scalp diagonally.

In the end last night I only managed about 3 minutes of DT. I'm gonna start up again this evening. I think its a good idea to try and do, as duke said, both sessions on rolling day and then DR afterwards. Last night I didn't have enough time.

My hair has a bit more texture to it today but that may not necessarily be down to the DR but down to the rubbing alcohol I applied after wards.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 am

schpiloch123 wrote:From what I've read a lot of places reccomend rolling across the scalp diagonally.

In the end last night I only managed about 3 minutes of DT. I'm gonna start up again this evening. I think its a good idea to try and do, as duke said, both sessions on rolling day and then DR  afterwards. Last night I didn't have enough time.

My hair has a bit more texture to it today but that may not necessarily be down to the DR but down to the rubbing alcohol I applied after wards.

Yo Schpiloch123,

My hair situations similar to yours. Nice idea with the log.

When I did DR, I 'painted' did my entire scalp vertically and horizontally. Press hard enough to hear the calcification cracking and breaking up. Great idea to combine it with DT.

I remember from the HLT forums, members only reporting bleeding after 5 or so DR sessions - I too experienced this, aslong as your putting decent force on the roller then dont worry too much.

The pain - its bearable, just scrunch up your face and man through it, only needs to be done 1-4 times per month for wounding :-) feels like scraping a sharp stone accross your bear skin. I should know too, I went all the way to 2.5mm needles and didnt use any numbing creams.

As for washing your scalp afterwards, I personally wouldnt advise introducing alcohol to open wounds. Let your scalp sit for a few hours and the wounds heal/close up then rinse with water afterwards. Of course disinfect the needles prior to needling though, followed with a water rince.

Your hair wont have more texture to it realisticly in such a short timeframe im afraid, we are in it for the long game.

Keep up the log, I wish I had evidence of my hair before I started manuals. Youve got a killer combination going, all you need is patience and time.

Good luck mate,
Peace
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:48 am

hairyshowers wrote:
schpiloch123 wrote:From what I've read a lot of places reccomend rolling across the scalp diagonally.

In the end last night I only managed about 3 minutes of DT. I'm gonna start up again this evening. I think its a good idea to try and do, as duke said, both sessions on rolling day and then DR  afterwards. Last night I didn't have enough time.

Yo Schpiloch123,

My hair situations similar to yours. Nice idea with the log.

When I did DR, I 'painted' did my entire scalp vertically and horizontally. Press hard enough to hear the calcification cracking and breaking up. Great idea to combine it with DT.

I remember from the HLT forums, members only reporting bleeding after 5 or so DR sessions - I too experienced this, aslong as your putting decent force on the roller then dont worry too much.

The pain - its bearable, just scrunch up your face and man through it, only needs to be done 1-4 times per month for wounding :-) feels like scraping a sharp stone accross your bear skin. I should know too, I went all the way to 2.5mm needles and didnt use any numbing creams.

As for washing your scalp afterwards, I personally wouldnt advise introducing alcohol to open wounds. Let your scalp sit for a few hours and the wounds heal/close up then rinse with water afterwards. Of course disinfect the needles prior to needling though, followed with a water rince.

Your hair wont have more texture to it realisticly in such a short timeframe im afraid, we are in it for the long game.

Keep up the log, I wish I had evidence of my hair before I started manuals. Youve got a killer combination going, all you need is patience and time.

Good luck mate,
Peace

Hi hairy,

I could definitely feel the crunching scrawling on my scalp and feel I apply decent pressure, hopefully I'll get a bit more response with it over time.

Thanks for the tips with the alcohol. I'll give that a try on my next roll. Although I'm slightly concerned one of the pins is bent; is this a problem? I also find it quite hard to roll my crown but that might get better over time.

How long would you say you have been doing DR? What else are you doing and what are your results?

Cheers man

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:46 am

I don't have a link but this video mentions it about halfway through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1NH-5-PUIc

Pretty sure that for thinner areas, like the scalp you are supposed to pick one direction and stick to it. I saw pictures of areas where they tested the different methods and in thin skinned areas the times they only did one direction healed much better with less scaring.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am

schpiloch123 wrote:
Hi hairy,

I could definitely feel the crunching scrawling on my scalp and feel I apply decent pressure, hopefully I'll get a bit more response with it over time.

Thanks for the tips with the alcohol. I'll give that a try on my next roll. Although I'm slightly concerned one of the pins is bent; is this a problem? I also find it quite hard to roll my crown but that might get better over time.

How long would you say you have been doing DR? What else are you doing and what are your results?

Cheers man

Personally I found the most sensitive areas were my non balding regions, the balding regions felt dead to begin with and didnt hurt much whilst microneedling.

I kept DR up for about 6 months before I packed my things up and decided to do some travelling, at which point I gave up everything but my fingers. My regime now is pure Detumescence - No suppliments, no shampoos, no drugs, no topicals, no rolling, no other manuals. My results are really good, I recently cut my hair short and its in the best shape its been for the past 4 years. My girlfriend has even been commenting on it.

A year ago my hair was in the worst shape of my life, I remember going to a festival with some mates and the topic of my hairloss came up twice at two different occations. At the time I grew my hair long so I could do a mini comb-over from the sides to cover my balding vertex, and it was horrible to hear my freinds talking about my 'island' forming, I just wanted to die in that moment. My crown was also pretty bear. At that point I decided to go all in - taking tons of suppliments (including heavy metal detox, thyroid therapy, anti-oxidants, probiotics, fish oils, a multitude of vitamins), oil pulling, various manuals (heavy massage including scalp scrunching- I didnt know of DT at the time, DR, scalp tapping) and changed my diet completely. Doing these stopped my hairloss in its tracks so I was chuffed, but I wanted to get away from my office job and depression so i decided to pack my things up and do some travelling with my girlfriend. I couldnt take a seperate backpack for all the suppliments I was taking (also I cant afford them whilst im not working fulltime), I didnt want to bother going through airport customs with what looks like a small torture device (DR) and I cant stick to a strict diet in countries where I can bearly pronounce the word 'food' (I am also vegetarian, limiting my food choice further).
So I am now down to my fingers only and (although time will tell) it seems like the most effective method yet. Combined with other methods, youre only going to accelerate results.

Thats part of my story. Like I said, I wish I tooks photos when I started my journey.

If things continue well for me il be NW0 in a year or so and will be growing some huge dreads (just because I can!)

Peace
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:00 am

OP: Have you ever invested in lab work? Seems like a good strategy instead of embarking on some arbitrary protocol.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 am

Hi Danny,

I've had blood tests several times and they have always come back as normal. I have seen success with manuals before so  I'm happy to move forward with those for the time being. Give it 12 months and see where we are in a year and then reassess then.

Cheers hairy for the details. Hope things go well for you

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:I've had blood tests several times and they have always come back as normal.

Fair enough, but the words "normal" from a physician are almost completely meaningless. In my experience, you have to put on your detective cap if you want to figure anything out.

For example, thyroid stimulating hormone (or TSH—which is very likely involved in pattern baldness) has gone through quite a few changes over the years. While 7.0 microIU/ml was considered normal at one point, years later the cutoff was 6.4. Still later, the cutoff was moved to 5.5 and then 4.2.

While taking a thyroid supplement, some doctors prefer the lower limit of TSH to be 1.0, while some others are comfortable with 0.5. Thyroid specialists in the University of California Medical Center in San Francisco like to see the corrected level of around 0.2, which is slightly below the normal range of 0.4-4.0.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm

How the heck can you get your TSH that low?!!? I've never had anything below 2.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 pm

stresssucks wrote:How the heck can you get your TSH that low?!!? I've never had anything below 2.

People have done it with good nutrition, but a thyroid supplement quickly lowers TSH.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next