Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Essential Oils Dilution? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Essential Oils Dilution?

2 posters

Go down

Essential Oils Dilution? Empty Essential Oils Dilution?

Post  Grub Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I am making a topical using the following essential oils and emu oil as carrier:

Lavender Oil
White Thyme Oil

Does anyone have any advice on dilution if applying to scalp?

I found this which is for every 30ml of carrier:

1% dilution = 5-6 drops of essential oil to each ounce of carrier oil or cream. This dilution is used for children, elders, chronically ill persons, and pregnant women.
   2% dilution = 10-12 drops of essential oils to each ounce of carrier oil or cream. This dilution is used for massage oils for the average adult.
   3% dilution= 15-18 drops of essential oil to each ounce of carrier oil or cream. This dilution is used for specific illnesses or for acute injury.

But not sure on which is best for the scalp.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Essential Oils Dilution? Empty Re: Essential Oils Dilution?

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm no expert, but like essential oils. Not sure whether you mean ounces or 30 ml for the number of drops you mention.

(Btw, 1 ounce would be like 450 drops
http://www.conversion-metric.org/volume/ounce-to-drop)

Here's the dilution I like to use: 5 to 10 drops (7-8 is what I typically use) per 15 ml of carrier/ bottle-size. Anything more than this starts getting too strong for me for skin or scalp for direct application. You would have to find your personal 'sweet spot' regarding this. Also, I find that the dilution also depends on the carrier. For thinner, less viscous oils like coconut oil etc, I use 5-7 drops; for some of the more viscous and nutty oils I'll use 8-10 drops. Lastly, it also depends on the EO- some EO's like Basil and Ylang are so strongly scented that I keep their drops at the lowest. Others like Lavender can easily exceed the 10 mark. In fact, Lavender EO is supposed to be a good 'harmonizer' when mixing two or more EOs. A few drops of Lavender to the mix, and it brings balance to the lower, middle and higher notes.

Hope these tips from my experience help you. Let us know what (and the dilution) you come up with.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks 9rugrats.

Yeh i meant 30mls. I've used 8 drops of lavender and 8 drops of thyme with 30mls of emu oil. I will be applying this every night before bed and washing it off in the morning. I have also just started LLLT and will apply following my 20 min sessions.

I will keep you updated on how this goes.. What essential oils have you had success with ?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey Grub, sorry for creating unnecessary confusion. A fluid ounce = 30 ml, I should have checked that earlier!

I think you have made a good dilution, it translated to my 8 drops in 15 ml too. As I mentioned earlier, Lavender is one of the exceptions and can be added more if you so desire at any point.

Look forward to your reports, hope you taste some success with LLLT and EOs. In my experience, EOs definitely help scalp health, but I'm not sure if they help hair growth all that much. I've not tried Thyme EO. In my list of EOs that I have tried these are the ones I like for scalp- Rosemary, Cedar, Eucalyptus, Sandalwood, Tee Tree, Ylang Ylang and Lavender. From purely hair point of view, the first two may be the more important ones.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down