Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health.

+5
Organism
johndoe1225
ngb
tooyoungforthis
Growdamnit
9 posters

Go down

OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. Empty OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health.

Post  Growdamnit Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 am

My wife has gotten into essential oils for health. Are there any studies that say all of this bullshit is just that?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. Empty ?

Post  tooyoungforthis Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:10 am

how are you so convinced they are bullshit? just curious.

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. Empty Re: OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health.

Post  ngb Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:56 am

My friend got into this and quit his job to sell them for a multi-level marketing company. He was an engineer and now put all his eggs in this basket which probably won't last. He really believes it and thinks they cure everything. I said I had TMJ and he wanted to give me some oil to cure it. He wants me to sell for him and I had to politely tell him that if he wants to hang out he can't ask me anymore. I haven't seen any science behind them and I can't imagine there is any.

ngb

Back to top Go down

OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health. Empty Re: OT: Please debunk essential oils for me with overall health.

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:59 am

You mean like taking them internally? I thought you weren't supposed to take essential oils internally since they are so concentrated?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes, internally.

Tooyoung, I just am. I can't buy into anything other than peppermint helping your stomach or lavender helping you sleep.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Essential oils are usually used for aromatherapy or externally but very lightly in small diluted amounts since pure volatile oils are incredible potent so caution is always warranted with internal use.

It really depends on the plant, it's secondary metabolites being available in the distilling process of oils, and what condition the oils are used for.

Oil of oregano has antibacterial properties which has been researched, and smelling Rosemary helping to improve memory.

Being sceptical is healthily normal, but to say or to look for evidence that essential oils are ALL bullshit is narrow minded and wishful thinking.

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:10 am

Organism wrote:Essential oils are usually used for aromatherapy or externally but very lightly in small diluted amounts since pure volatile oils are incredible potent so caution is always warranted with internal use.

It really depends on the plant, it's secondary metabolites being available in the distilling process of oils, and what condition the oils are used for.

Oil of oregano has antibacterial properties which has been researched, and smelling Rosemary helping to improve memory.

Being sceptical is healthily normal, but to say or to look for evidence that essential oils are ALL bullshit is narrow minded and wishful thinking.

Links?

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:30 am

Essential oils are just super concentrated herbs. Nothing more.

If you don't believe herbs, vitamins and similar don't have a benefit then I wouldn't bother with essential oils as it won't be for you.

Transdermally (putting on skin) works well and works just like putting iodine or magnesium oil and similar. No need to ingest essential oils IME.

Lots have used Frankincense for brain tumor with success. Also works for other cancers. Can google for studies on cancer.

Sandalwood is another and have had better results with for cancers. Can also Google for cancer studies.

Oil of oregano have used for topical skin problems with success.

Thieves oil for anti viral and is also used for inhibiting mold problems.

Hope this helps with an experience

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:34 am

ubraj wrote:Essential oils are just super concentrated herbs.  Nothing more.  

If you don't believe herbs, vitamins and similar don't have a benefit then I wouldn't bother with essential oils as it won't be for you.  

Transdermally (putting on skin) works well and works just like putting iodine or magnesium oil and similar.  No need to ingest essential oils IME.  

Lots have used Frankincense for brain tumor with success.  Also works for other cancers.  Can google for studies on cancer.

Sandalwood is another and have had better results with for cancers.  Can also Google for cancer studies.  

Oil of oregano have used for topical skin problems with success.  

Thieves oil for anti viral and is also used for inhibiting mold problems.

Hope this helps with an experience

So rubbing Sandalwood oil on your skin cures cancer? Ok.
Frankincense with no Myrrh? That's unheard of.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:47 am

Why the negativity on this forum?

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 pm

So rubbing Sandalwood oil on your skin cures cancer? Ok. wrote:
no sandalwood must burn inside the house and let it smoke all over the area it have a good smell Rolling Eyes
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:56 am

FWIW, when diffusing essential oils in the air becomes the equivalent of nebulizing.  

For instance, many people nebulize say colloidal silver rather than ingest colloidal silver for increased effectiveness.  

For others, topical application of silver (i.e. transdermal) is the method they choose to get into their system.  

Essential oils are no different.  It all depends on your preferred method of getting into your system.  

Well, maybe another way of mentioning this is to bring the herb cannabis into the discussion while keeping in mind essential oils are also herbs.

Most people are aware of cannabis being beneficial for cancer with studies.  Can get cannabis into your lungs to deliver to your system.  Can get trasndermal cannabis to get into your system through your skin.  As well as ingest cannabis as well.  

All the same methods of delivery as essential oils.  There are studies regarding essential oils.  Two important ones are frankincense and sandalwood for cancer.  Many people have real world experience with frankincense and brain tumors.

Just a quick google search shows study of oil of oregano essential oil being more effective than antibiotics.  

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:57 am

The purity of the oils can have an effect also. the extraction process can remove some of the beneficial properties if not properly extracted or stored. The best method is supercritical if available.
As mentioned before, applying oils to the skin gets the oils into the blood without digestive breakdown. When I put cinnamon oil on my scalp I can taste the oil in my throat a minute later. Just the visible blood rush on my scalp is a definite benefit. There are so many benefits listed and lab confirmed with basic herbs like ginger, cinnamon, limoline (orange peels) , and the other oil products listed by others. Tea tree is great for removing hair mites. Concentrates of oil are a good way to test specific properties of herbs and bypass the digestive process for treatment.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 pm

Any peer reviewed studies of their efficacy? No. Woo quackery similar to the "violet Ray" device. Cheers!

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:20 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1772908/

Study about how tea tree oil kills demodex hair mites

TTO = tea tree oil
lid = eyelid
"Weekly lid scrub with 50% TTO and daily lid scrub with tea tree shampoo is effective in eradicating ocular Demodex."

There are plenty of other studies on oils out there if you want to look; I am not going to dig them up because it sounds like you are more interested in sounding like a guru exposing quackery than learning much about the topic

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:00 am

Not peer reviewed.TTO mixed with 100% alcohol solution?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:46 am

If you look at the bottom of the article page you will find -
" Articles from The British Journal of Ophthalmology are provided here courtesy of BMJ Group "
if you look up The British Journal of Ophthalmology  you will find that it is a peer reviewed journal
http://journals.bmj.com/site/authors/editorial-policies.xhtml#peerreview

Also I do not find anywhere that there was TTO mixed with 100% alcohol was used for the trial - as you claim.

"However, the survival time was significantly shortened to within 15 minutes in 100% alcohol, 100% TTO, 100% caraway oil, or 100% dill weed oil. TTO’s in vitro killing effect was dose dependent. Lid scrub with 50% TTO, ...  "

So obviously there were 2 other essential oil extracts also shown to kill mites in the lab also.

If you want to deny lab based results in scientific format posted on a reputable website,  I really don't need to waste my time trying to untangle your bias.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down