Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil

+7
nidhogge
calvicie
CausticSymmetry
Amaranthaceae
orwell
CF
Biffy
11 posters

Go down

Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil Empty Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil

Post  Biffy Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:56 pm

I look for substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil. I know fish oil is no good but what about non-fermented Cod Liver Oil (can't find cheap fermented...)? Also could you use this supplements EOD?

I prefer to buy supplements from I herb....

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil Empty Re: Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil

Post  CF Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Fish oil with vitamin E would be good, I think.

CF

Back to top Go down

Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil Empty Re: Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil

Post  orwell Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 pm

swanstons EC 400 mg, cheap and effective
combined with a mushroom complex and a cheap alpha lip
add some salmon or cheap krill oil caps and you are good to go
maybe a cheap green foods formula
good luck

orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 am

natural factors grapeseed extract and coq10

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:35 am

There are not effective substitutes for these things.

The premise of the question itself needs clarifying.

Lots of misinformation on this forum lately. I urge anyone to search the archives to find lots of useful info.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Cheaper and effective substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil Empty sacha inchi

Post  calvicie Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 am

I can't get krill oil where i live, so alternatives are my only option. Lately i've been using sacha inchi oil (Plukenetia volubilis), which is rich in omega-3 (45-53% of total fat), omega-6 (34-39% of fat), and omega-9 (6-10% of fat). They also have iodine, vitamin A, and high concentrations of Tocopherols (176–226 mg/100 g), predominately gamma-Tocopherol (50%) and delta-Tocopherol. Pretty damn good for a seed oil. Also comparatively cheap compared to fish oils, especially krill.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:08 am

calvicie--

http://www.HairEvo.com for Krill Oil.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 am

The closest approximation to krill oil would be supplementing with fish oil, astaxanthin, and granulated lecithin. A way to lower the price of Ecklonia Cava would likely be to purchase in a bulk powder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 am

No need to take epa and dha from krill oil. Huge marketing around, and result show a strong decrease following the days you take it. Dont take krill oils on the long terms. Instead take PUFA fatty acids many times more effective.. People who are old should also take some seaweed raw. Sometimes

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 am

Shinobi wrote: Instead take PUFA fatty acids many times more effective.. People who are old should also take some seaweed raw. Sometimes
Why are you advocating PUFAs? They're way more unstable than saturated fats or mono-unsaturated.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 am

Because they are the best. You can use them easily if keeping them to the fridge at 4•C. Keep them 2 months for the w3 (hemp or flawseed oil) and 3 months for w6: pumpkin or sunflower oil. 1 tablespoon of each a day is perfect

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:22 am

Plant based EFA's seem to be well for vegans/vegetarian types...while EPA/DHA based animal-based fish oil seems to be best for animal protein types.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:05 am

orwell wrote:swanstons EC 400 mg, cheap and effective
combined with a mushroom complex and a cheap alpha lip
add some salmon or cheap krill oil caps and you are good to go
maybe a cheap green foods formula
good luck

It' seems Swansons uses Full Spectrum Ecklonia Cava, but at what % of Ecklonia Cava extract, based on the price probably even more fillers and not even extract? Do you use this Swansons Ecklonia Cava with success?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Biffy wrote:I look for substitutes for Ecklonia Cava and Krill Oil. I know fish oil is no good but what about non-fermented Cod Liver Oil (can't find cheap fermented...)?  Also could you use this supplements EOD?

I prefer to buy supplements from I herb....

Ecklonia Cava - unsure. maybe nothing. depends why you need it. for antioxidants ? mmp9 inhibition ?

krill oil - none. essential fatty acids don't exist. avoid. "essential" to global corporations who rip people off.

fish oil - Fish oil lowered mitochondrial activity and increased
oxidative stress in… Atlantic Salmon, fish oil fails even for fish (Kjaer et al. 2008).

cod liver oil - take vitamin d topically. a k2 supplement too will replace it. all cod liver oil is rancid.
a good supplement 400 years ago. catch up with the rest of us

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:11 pm

"So in summary PUFA inhibit metabolism, promote cancer, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, contribute to alcoholic liver disease, make you stupid, and generally kill you slowly, you might be thinking that’s not so bad, but wait it gets worse…. Much worse….

A recent study suggests that PUFA contribute to… male pattern baldness, yes prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is found in higher levels in bald men, its derived from Arachidonic acid (Garza et al. 2012)."

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down