Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury

4 posters

Go down

Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury Empty Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury

Post  NewReg Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:46 am

I've been doing some tests with my doctor and found out that I may have some elevated Mercury levels. We're doing a specific test now to determine how much I actually have in my system and then we're going to start chelation. I don't believe the increased level is related to my supplements, but it got me thinking about the sea-based things I do ingest (incl. Ecklonia Cava 2x per day, Kelp, Krill, etc.). I looked on all of my labels and ONLY ONE (NOW Krill Oil) says it tests to make sure the supplements don't have "high levels of Mercury." Which still doesn't mean it is Mercury-free. I'm not sure if the others don't test for contaminants or they just didn't feel it was necessary to advertise it on the label, but it seems like a huge oversight for so-called health brands. I was wondering if any of you who take sea-based supplements are worried about increased Mercury exposure.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury Empty mercury kelp krill & Ecklonia Cava

Post  anointed4health Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:58 am

It is very likely you were able to measure the mercury that is being excreted because you are taking the seaweeds. Seaweed is often used to assist with heavy metal detoxification. Mercury normally binds to tissues including brain and central nervous system and digestive and elimination tract. It is rarely detectable in most tests unless you are using a chelator (something that binds to toxins to assist their excretion from the body).

anointed4health

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury

Post  NewReg Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 pm

The test I took was NutrEval, which looks at Oxidative Stress, Organic Acids, Amino Acids, Essential Fatty Acids, and Toxic and Nutrient Elements. Most tests were in range or close-to range. However, the anti-oxidant tests showed high Lipid Peroxides, and the mineral tests showed low Magnesium due to high Mercury. My Oxidative Stress results also showed high Lipid Peroxides and Mercury. Additionally, the Toxic Exposure test showed elevated Mercury.

My doctor ordered a Mercury test post-DMPS chelation. We're going to go over the results next week, but he definitely feels like I have a high-level of Mercury in my body and just needs to see how much before he prescribes a chelation protocol.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury Empty Re: Ecklonia Cava, Kelp, Krill & Mercury

Post  tooyoung Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:42 am

CS, what do you think about this?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 am

tooyoung - Sources of mercury usually come from the dentist or from inoculations. It's also absorbed from contaminant exposures. In the last five years, Sweden has required that when the deceased are burned, their amalgams must be removed. The rest of the world doesn't have this requirement, so that amount of mercury being burned off is enormous.

Also there are occupational hazards, especially dental hygienists, who have the most pronounced levels of mercury toxicity. If a mercury thermometer breaks, it's considered a serious hazard to the point of having officials with protective suits to help clean up the mess. I've heard of plenty of people who played with mercury as kids or chewed on thermometers.

The best way to get rid of mercury is humifulvate from a practical standpoint. I would combine both humifulvate and modified citrus pectin together.

The reason is because typical mercury chelation methods such as DMSA are a hassle and they make the user feel terrible.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:tooyoung - Sources of mercury usually come from the dentist or from inoculations. It's also absorbed from contaminant exposures. In the last five years, Sweden has required that when the deceased are burned, their amalgams must be removed. The rest of the world doesn't have this requirement, so that amount of mercury being burned off is enormous.

Also there are occupational hazards, especially dental hygienists, who have the most pronounced levels of mercury toxicity. If a mercury thermometer breaks, it's considered a serious hazard to the point of having officials with protective suits to help clean up the mess. I've heard of plenty of people who played with mercury as kids or chewed on thermometers.

The best way to get rid of mercury is humifulvate from a practical standpoint. I would combine both humifulvate and modified citrus pectin together.

The reason is because typical mercury chelation methods such as DMSA are a hassle and they make the user feel terrible.

Ahh I see. If someone began taking EC, Krill and other things, do you think they would be required to do things or is it not necessary? Do you personally do anything to combat mercury?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:31 pm

tooyoung - Krill are just too young (no pun intended) to accumulate any significant amount of mercury, they simply do not live long enough to do so.

Ecklonia cava is purified to contain no mercury and if anything would help scavenge it out.

Lipoic acid helps increase biliary (liver) excretion of mercury. Iodine helps increase removal of mercury.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down