Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I have two cavities, what the hell? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I have two cavities, what the hell?

+8
baller234
<<<
Hoppipolla
Complexx
ngb
RisingFist
sanderson
12 posters

Go down

I have two cavities, what the hell? Empty I have two cavities, what the hell?

Post  sanderson Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:51 pm

So I went to the dentist and found out I had two cavities. I have been doing oil pulling nearly every morning with coconut oil and now have two cavities? So I thought this was supposed to help? lol. I never had a cavity in my life and now I do after I started using Tom's toothpaste with no flouride and doing coconut oil pulling every morning.

One of the cavities is on a wisdom tooth, so I'm thinking I'll have to get it removed. The other one is on a back tooth, and they want to fill it with "composite" whatever that is. I know how teeth are essential to health, so does anyone have any tips actually backed up on what my next options should be?

Is the "composite" safe to be filled with? The dentist said it was some kind of plastic material or something, but not any metals.

I'm using regular toothpaste from now on. Does anyone have any studies backing the use of baking soda or other toothpastes? I thought I was doing the right thing, but now I have TWO cavities. -_-
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

I have two cavities, what the hell? Empty Re: I have two cavities, what the hell?

Post  RisingFist Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:59 pm

rinse with baking soda and sea salt after every meal. Get enough vitaming k2. Improve insulin sensitivity.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

I have two cavities, what the hell? Empty Re: I have two cavities, what the hell?

Post  4039 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Think about it, a cement mixture made with calcium without any silica becomes structurally unsound and brittle. Your teeth are no different. Silica hardens tooth enamel and would prevent cavities from forming, even in very acidic environments. Also important for tooth health and remineralization: magnesium, k2, d3 and boron.

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:29 pm

RisingFist wrote:rinse with baking soda and sea salt after every meal. Get enough vitaming k2. Improve insulin sensitivity.
thanks man for your response, i will start doing that after i eat everything. now i'm paranoid. i'm taking IH decalcify so i'm covered on that. insulin sensitivity is getting better over time as my diet is very good.

4039 wrote:Think about it, a cement mixture made with calcium without any silica becomes structurally unsound and brittle. Your teeth are no different. Silica hardens tooth enamel and would prevent cavities from forming, even in very acidic environments. Also important for tooth health and remineralization: magnesium, k2, d3 and boron.
thanks for the reply 4039. would something ike this work? or what do you recommend? http://www.iherb.com/World-Organic-Super-Silica-90-Tablets/6839

i'm taking magnesium, decalfcify, d3/a combo, and I actually have some triple boron, but haven't been taking it. will start taking it now though. thanks for the info.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm

I think CS recommends BioSil. You are obviously eating something with carbs during the day that you aren't removing and oil pulling and fluoride toothpaste won't help that much. I stopped using fluoride toothpaste a year or so ago and haven't had any problems. I chew some Spry gum after every meal if I can't brush.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:34 pm

What's up Sanderson? What's your diet like?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Sucks man. My teeth have been going downhill since my gut got screwed up too.

I have been using natural (well, fairly natural) bar soap instead of toothpaste as it washes off quicker I think (apparently better for remineralization) and baking soda as mouthwash.. sometimes pure salt water but it doesn't taste so good!

I think hydrogen peroxide is the best mouthwash (very diluted of course and maybe rinsed off shortly afterwards) as it destroys biofilms (like plaque) but I don't use it as I have a filling or 2 and it would eat away at them.

Apparently supplementary CoQ10 is best for receding gums, if that helps Smile

I'm kinda hoping my teeth will improve when I fix everything else (like my gut)! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  <<< Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Some biofilms are good for the mouth, particularly the gums.

Xylitol tastes nicer than baking soda or sea salt. I think you're from the UK, here Perfect Sweet (Now called Total Sweet) brand from supermarkets is derived from birch last time I checked.

A little bit of topical fluoride is preferable to cavities, imo. I think Ellie Philips' system is quite good (http://www.drellie.com/Zellie-Mouth-Care-System.php), though not quite sure about not rinsing the fluoride mouthwash. A lifetime exposure to the materials and adhesives in a filling, or small exposure to topical fluoride... You can work on the dietary factors, but unless you have seen miraculous improvements from excluding fluoride toothpaste you could consider reintroducing it in the meantime. You don't want to be dependent on fluoride, but the dangers may be overstated somewhat.

Last edited by Delusional on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Old brand name...)

<<<

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:19 am

sanderson wrote:So I went to the dentist and found out I had two cavities. I have been doing oil pulling nearly every morning with coconut oil and now have two cavities? So I thought this was supposed to help? lol. I never had a cavity in my life and now I do after I started using Tom's toothpaste with no flouride and doing coconut oil pulling every morning.

One of the cavities is on a wisdom tooth, so I'm thinking I'll have to get it removed. The other one is on a back tooth, and they want to fill it with "composite" whatever that is. I know how teeth are essential to health, so does anyone have any tips actually backed up on what my next options should be?

Is the "composite" safe to be filled with? The dentist said it was some kind of plastic material or something, but not any metals.

I'm using regular toothpaste from now on. Does anyone have any studies backing the use of baking soda or other toothpastes? I thought I was doing the right thing, but now I have TWO cavities. -_-
How long have you been going to this dentist? I remember a couple of years ago I went to a dentist and they told me I had 4 cavities and that it would cost several grand to fix. I, like you, have never had a cavity in my life. I went to a different dentist and they said my teeth were fine.

Dentists can be a lot like mechanics imo.

As far as teeth are concerned, I just brush with baking soda and use plain floss. Getting off of reg toothpaste along with minerals have really helped my teeth.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:57 pm

ngb wrote:I think CS recommends BioSil.  You are obviously eating something with carbs during the day that you aren't removing and oil pulling and fluoride toothpaste won't help that much.  I stopped using fluoride toothpaste a year or so ago and haven't had any problems.  I chew some Spry gum after every meal if I can't brush.
thanks for the recommendation. and yes, you are right. everday at 10am, i would buy 2 lbs of carrots and then i would proceed to eat raw carrots everyday. when i went to the dentist, she commented on my teeth being stained. i believe now after reading this that the carrots are what caused it. i would literally eat 2lbs every single day and not brush my teeth until like 11pm or midnight. this was after i did oil pulling. i'm going to juice carrots from now on.

baller234 wrote:How long have you been going to this dentist? I remember a couple of years ago I went to a dentist and they told me I had 4 cavities and that it would cost several grand to fix. I, like you, have never had a cavity in my life. I went to a different dentist and they said my teeth were fine.

Dentists can be a lot like mechanics imo.

As far as teeth are concerned, I just brush with baking soda and use plain floss. Getting off of reg toothpaste along with minerals have really helped my teeth.
thanks for the tip man. i cancelled my appointment and i'm going to setup another one somewhere else to see what the deal is.

Delusional wrote:Some biofilms are good for the mouth, particularly the gums.

Xylitol tastes nicer than baking soda or sea salt. I think you're from the UK, here Perfect Sweet (Now called Total Sweet) brand from supermarkets is derived from birch last time I checked.

A little bit of topical fluoride is preferable to cavities, imo. I think Ellie Philips' system is quite good (http://www.drellie.com/Zellie-Mouth-Care-System.php), though not quite sure about not rinsing the fluoride mouthwash. A lifetime exposure to the materials and adhesives in a filling, or small exposure to topical fluoride... You can work on the dietary factors, but unless you have seen miraculous improvements from excluding fluoride toothpaste you could consider reintroducing it in the meantime. You don't want to be dependent on fluoride, but the dangers may be overstated somewhat.
I used tom's toothpaste.. which was Xylitol I believe. I've been using it for quite a while. Yeah, I'm jumping back to fluouride based toothpaste for now as I don't believe it to cause dramatic swings in my health.. and I want my teeth for now. Razz thanks for the tips.

hoppipolla wrote:Sucks man. My teeth have been going downhill since my gut got screwed up too.

I have been using natural (well, fairly natural) bar soap instead of toothpaste as it washes off quicker I think (apparently better for remineralization) and baking soda as mouthwash.. sometimes pure salt water but it doesn't taste so good!

I think hydrogen peroxide is the best mouthwash (very diluted of course and maybe rinsed off shortly afterwards) as it destroys biofilms (like plaque) but I don't use it as I have a filling or 2 and it would eat away at them.

Apparently supplementary CoQ10 is best for receding gums, if that helps Smile

I'm kinda hoping my teeth will improve when I fix everything else (like my gut)! Smile
I'll give a try to the salt water, that could be a good tip. i'll look into hydrogen peroxide also.. i know it is potent stuff. i know finasteride fucks the body up.. unforunately i think this is a side effect of this.

Complexx wrote:What's up Sanderson? What's your diet like?
right now im doing low sulfur. so avacados, carrots, coconut water, steak/chicken, almond milk, sweet potatoes, and very few others. im pretty sure the carrots did the damage.. 2 lbs of raw carrots everyday for hours stuck in the teeth equal recipe for disease... Mad 
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  <<< Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 pm

One thing that might be worth adding, if anyone tries that Ellie Philips regimen, would be a xylitol rinse after the last fluoride mouthwash. That way you wouldn't have to worry about overexposing to any more fluoride than normal. I don't know how much that would affect the cavity healing effect of the system though.

How long have you been low sulphur? Have you noticed any positive effects? I really want to try it, but I can't tolerate starch or coconuts and everything I eat either has eggs or onion and garlic in it...

<<<

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:22 am

I'll follow your thread, Sanderson, to see what kind of filling are recommended. I might have to go to a dentist soon myself.

Btw, I find it unlikely that carrots could have caused cavities. Usually fibrous fruits/ vegs are said to be excellent for dental health. Maybe you could ask the new dentist if carrots could have had some role.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Delusional wrote:One thing that might be worth adding, if anyone tries that Ellie Philips regimen, would be a xylitol rinse after the last fluoride mouthwash. That way you wouldn't have to worry about overexposing to any more fluoride than normal. I don't know how much that would affect the cavity healing effect of the system though.

How long have you been low sulphur? Have you noticed any positive effects? I really want to try it, but I can't tolerate starch or coconuts and everything I eat either has eggs or onion and garlic in it...
i will look into the rinse.. could be a safer way to address flouride use.

i've been doing low sulfur off and on for a couple of months. yes, i've noticed very positive results, but the low sulfur is addressing methylation issues that i have so i'm not sure how well the average person would do on it. i'm solving my finasteride issues and low sulfur has been really helpful in it, albiet, it's hard to stay on it long term because you lose a ton of weight and the effects i can't keep to stick. howeve,r i have a few other tricks up my sleeves. i discovered iodine use greatly speeds up your sulfur metabolism if anyone has any info on that.

figured i should add that when i am on the low sulfur diet and i am taking the following supps:

vitamin e succinate, l-cartinine, l-orthinine, NADH, triple boron, molybdenum, and gaba before i goto sleep at night

my hair loss goes down greatly on it and itchy doesnt happen. i also take hydroxy b12, but i have noticed sometimes i take it and my hair loss increases, but i don't have an itch, so not sure what that means.

honestly, not sure how practical it is for the average person, but if you want to know, you'd have to get the $99 23andme DNA test and then plug your DNA data into http://geneticgenie.org/ to know if you have these methylation issues. i personally think methylation has a lot to do with hair loss.. maybe all of it. it's responsible for getting heavy metals out of your body.

9rugtrats5 wrote:I'll follow your thread, Sanderson, to see what kind of filling are recommended. I might have to go to a dentist soon myself.

Btw, I find it unlikely that carrots could have caused cavities. Usually fibrous fruits/ vegs are said to be excellent for dental health. Maybe you could ask the new dentist if carrots could have had some role.
Yeah I'll see what the new dentist says and keep you guys updated. cheers.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Something to consider about cavities is the fluid flow.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/3110745-cave-women-never-brushed-their-teeth-

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:55 am

Check out Strontium

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:51 am

Dentists have different opinions of what a cavity is and when it is time to bring in the machinery, so getting a second opinion is not a bad idea.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down