Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash

4 posters

Go down

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash Empty Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash

Post  Biffy Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Is Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash for KETO/PIROCTONE OLAMINE/ETC shampoos a good idea?... It would make sense because soap is drying and does not leave your hair looking good, but is also cheap and it's very good at cleaning accumulated sebum. Would Bronner's Peppermint soap leave film/oils on scalp preventing other shampoos to penetrate or would just cleaned sebum on scalp and also how often can I use diluted Bronner's soap?

Thanks for your answers!

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash Empty Re: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash

Post  Xenon Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't use Dr Bronner's soap, although I do wash my scalp with soap. The fact that it is leaving the hair frizzy is testimony that it is removing sebum (bacteria, toxins and sodium chloride) more effectively than regular shampoo does. But the problem is, that many people are *over washing* their scalps with soap, and this is why they are reporting frizzy hair and a dry and flaky scalp. Just a small wash with soap is necessary for removing excess oils, and this is why I don't suffer such side effects.

Shampoo was developed because of these problems, but again, the problem lies in overwashing the scalp.

If you have ever attempted to wash your armpits with shampoo you will find that they still stink afterwards. This is because shampoo does not remove bacteria and toxins from the skin in the same way that soap does. So, on that merit, regular shampoo will not remove all of the accumulated crap off the scalp either. Certainly not with one or two washes.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash Empty Re: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap as a pre-wash

Post  Biffy Tue May 28, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks for your reply. It's not that bad if I just use couple of drops of soap and dilute it with water (it lathers really well), but it leaves some kind of film on hair, definitely my hair is thicker/healthier/manageable with the use of shampoo, but shampoos don't resolve accumulated sebum. So you think daily usage of Bronner's soap (for pre-wash) is ok? I need my scalp thoroughly cleaned because I use 4 messy topicals. Also does soap leaves residue (like with shampoos) and you need to rub soap out vigorously?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue May 28, 2013 1:20 am

Biffy wrote:Thanks for your reply. It's not that bad if I just use couple of drops of soap and dilute it with water (it lathers really well), but it leaves some kind of film on hair, definitely my hair is thicker/healthier/manageable with the use of shampoo, but shampoos don't resolve accumulated sebum. So you think daily usage of Bronner's soap (for pre-wash) is ok? I need my scalp thoroughly cleaned because I use 4 messy topicals. Also does soap leaves residue (like with shampoos) and you need to rub soap out vigorously?

I don't have my hair long-ish, so I haven't noticed this film. Maybe also because I don't over lather it with too much soap, and because I thoroughly rinse it with warm water from the shower.

But, yes, regular shampoos don't remove excess sebum -- you can feel your fingers glide over your hair due to the layer of grease, whereas the opposite occurs with soap.

This sebaceous residue can cover sweat pores and hinder release of toxins and metabolic heat - both, of which, lead to inflammation and hairloss. And oleic acid in sebum is pro-inflammatory, so this likely plays a part, too.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 am

Best soap for no residue and then an amazing conditioner for afterwards is the stuff from hairgasm.com.

Gets the hair insanely clean and the conditioner is super gently but effective. I've converted many people to it in my life simply because thye ask how my hair is so ridiculously soft/clean.

I alternate it with Dr. Bronners soap FYI. I like the tingle and feel of the bronners but find it doesn't leave my head nearly as clean. I've used MANY many many shampoos in my life and the stuff I mentioned here is something special imo. Not sure what's in it, since the lady doesn't post it on her site or the bottles but it is a very light colour and almost clear, she's based out of Toronto and runs a ahir care slon specifically for people with very long hair or women with hair problems. Her site is a nightmare to navigate and I was VERY skeptical when I first ordered but have gone back again and again now. The shampoo is expensive but the way I use it (alternating) a single bottle lasts me the better part of a year since you really don't need to use a lot.

Just my 2c

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Tue May 28, 2013 4:12 am

Duketronix: Can you please post me/us link to mentioned soap. Her site is a headache... Thanks

Xenon: Why do you rinse with warm water, does it make a difference? I am using cold/lukewarm water for rinsing....

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue May 28, 2013 6:49 am

Xenon: Why do you rinse with warm water, does it make a difference? I am using cold/lukewarm water for rinsing....

because prolonged exposure to hot water may cause inflammation due to potential increase in histamines. The same can occur with very cold water. Cells need to remain around 98F / 37C in order to function. If the temp rises or drops by a few degrees, inflammation occurs.

Lukewarm is your best bet.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

Sorry I would have to navigate the same mess as you to get that link for you so not doing it.
I just use my account to re-order. All I get is a big bottle of the basic shampoo and conditioner.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Wed May 29, 2013 5:23 am

So what is the conclusion? Using soap as a prewash to shampoo a good idea?

Xenon: What means if my scalp shines? Does this means it is healthy or means increased androgen/sebum activity?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed May 29, 2013 8:17 am

Xenon: What means if my scalp shines? Does this means it is healthy or means increased androgen/sebum activity?

There is frequent debate about this, but many are of the opinion that the shininess is caused by the scalp being too tight. some believe that the scalp becomes tight because the cranium muscles are pulling them too hard via connective tendons and some believe it is because the skull is bigger than normal - which causes the skin to 'stretch'.

If you put your fingers on both temples (or balding areas) and push the skin upwards, you'll likely find that this shininess disappears, which may suggest there's truth in the tight scalp theory.

Many people on this forum use scalp loosening exercises in a bid to alleviate this tightness and many testify that it does work.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Thu May 30, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks for your answers/tips Xenon. I am observing soap impact on my hair and I think my hair looks and feels better if I don't leave soap on my hair for too long (before I let it soaked in for 3-5 min). Just a quick rinse with lukewarm water and couple of drops of soap with lots of water - no film on hair and no dryness.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:33 am

I'll do GSE drop mixed in some Bronners Peppermint mixed in water. The only thing with the GSE is it strips your hair making it look much thinner and unstyleable. But it seems to clean pretty damn well. Also I'm not sure how often you can use it on the scalp I try for once a week or more but because it thins it out so much I usually only do once.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down