Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyYesterday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Peppermint Shampoo EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Peppermint Shampoo EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Peppermint Shampoo EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Peppermint Shampoo

+2
Gibson
helpmyhair1
6 posters

Go down

Peppermint Shampoo Empty Peppermint Shampoo

Post  helpmyhair1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:28 pm

I was reading in another thread that peppermint shampoo is estrogenic.

I have been using peppermint shampoo for quite some time now. Could it be having a bad effect on my hair.

Here is the brand I take:

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=88&pid=28

Let me know if some of the other ingredients in this shampoo are bad for hairloss.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Peppermint Shampoo Empty Re: Peppermint Shampoo

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:06 pm

It won't harm your hair. The estrogenic concern only applies to folks who are having issues with estrogen dominance, or care to take pre-emptive measures to cut estrogen.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm

ah, I see. How would I know if I were having issues with estrogen dominance? Like what would my symptoms be?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:49 pm

slow metabolism, weight gain, gyno, prostate problems, weak erections, loss of libido, etc.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:00 pm

Gibson, i always enjoy reading your informative posts and i think you are a very intelligent person...

But dont you think you are over reacting?
Pouring some shampoo wont do shit to one's hormones levels, and "if" it will its going to affect 0.001% at best.
I can drink 10 cups of peppermint tea probably and still be fine...

Sometimes you guys cross the line between good information and lunacy, like that time where the general consensus was that its best to not put sunscreen on your face because it "causes cancer" while its pretty obvious that the sun is way more dangerous

So for what its worth helpmyhair1 imo you can use peppermint shampoo np...
you can probably even drink the shampoo if you want (well, don't) Very Happy
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Firefist--

You are WAY off base. The sun does not cause cancer, and if you were to research and study societies that are more indigenous and always in the sun, you'll notice that there is absolutely no skin cancer or any cancer for that matter. You can avoid detrimental effects of the sun by having a healthy diet full of antioxidants and omega-3s. The sun is INCREDIBLY healthy, is an anti-cancer agent, and an anti-disease agent in general. Why do you think that the media always bashes sun bathing? Their #1 sponsors = the medical industrial complex, and folks would be buying a LOT less of their poison if they were getting adequate sun bathing.

Gibson is right on the money with sun tanning lotion; go look at the label. Look at the chemicals and tell me that's good to put on your skin and into your bloodstream. Peppermint may not effect you, but then again, varying on your hormonal levels, the potential is there.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Agree with Nid, don't be too skeptical Firefist, you might miss the real treasure of this site in the process ...
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 am

FireFist wrote:Gibson, i always enjoy reading your informative posts and i think you are a very intelligent person...

But dont you think you are over reacting?
Pouring some shampoo wont do shit to one's hormones levels, and "if" it will its going to affect 0.001% at best.
I can drink 10 cups of peppermint tea probably and still be fine...

Sometimes you guys cross the line between good information and lunacy, like that time where the general consensus was that its best to not put sunscreen on your face because it "causes cancer" while its pretty obvious that the sun is way more dangerous

So for what its worth helpmyhair1 imo you can use peppermint shampoo np...
you can probably even drink the shampoo if you want (well, don't) Very Happy

FireFist,

I understand your reaction completely. I had the same one years ago when posters were claiming that lavender could cause gyno on another forum. The key is not to mistake your situation for everyone's. Generally, most young men will not experience any symptoms from essential oils. However, for those who are estrogen dominant, whether from age, or coming off of a drug or herb that caused such a reaction, the symptoms from such an oil can be profound. Just like with hair loss, when the follicles get sensitized, same thing. So for YOU, that percentage of effect you posted is probably correct.

Regarding the sun tan thing, I missed that thread, so no comment. But I am pretty mainstream when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 am

Nid, so when i go to derms/regular doctors who studied for 7-10 years in medical school and they tell me the sun is damaging to ur skin, they are all "in on it"?

I'm talking about UVA rays of course, not UVB...

But its 100% obivous to me that the sun damages mines/everyone skin and causes pigmentations, wrinkles and what not (cancer)..
One very obvious example is my face skin compared to my body's...
My skin is perfect everywhere where the sun didnt reach for years, (under my shirts etc), while my face clearly starting to show the sun's effects

There have been hundreds, if not thousands of research on this and
There have been millions, who got cancer from sun exposure , and there will be millions more

One other thing i need to research is how "deep" or if "any" at all of what you pour on your skin is absorbed to the bloodsteam. If i had to guess?
I would say around 0.1%. The skin is incredibly thick and has alot of layers.
You dont just rub something on your skin and it geets absorbed, it doesnt work like that man.
Look at swimmers, are you saying they all have chlorine poisioning?

I absolutely love this forum, and i'll keep reading every post here for years to come, but sometimes you gotta part fact from fiction, that's anyway my opinion and i dont mean to personally attack anyone here, just stating what i think
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:30 am

Hey Firefist, I understand the frustration and confusion of having professionals lie to you, but in my case It's come to the point that I can call Doctor's on a lot of bullshit, and I have ... scares the shit out of them.

In terms of how one person reacts to the sun reminds me of hair loss, DHT "causes" hair loss and if the DHT wasn't there you'd have a very much smaller chance of losing it ... but, if the underlying things that instigate hair loss weren't there you'd get the same result, good hair ... same with the sun, under certain conditions it can be detrimental for some. Look into Iodine to start with.

See Mother Nature studied for quite a bit longer than any Dermatologist I know of, and her plan is pretty tight ... if you stray from the path of health, even the good things can become harmful to you ... think Cholesterol, the Sun, your own bodies defenses, these things can be used in so many ways that it's impossible to say "_____ is bad for me", one can only say "I am not good for _____ "
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 am

Can the sun to cause skin cancer? Yes. Can excess sun exposure cause oxidation in your skin and make it look older/damaged? Yes.
There are exaggerations on both sides. The key is MODERATION. The most important thing is to avoid getting sunburn. 20-30 mins of sun exposure per day is fine as long as you don't get burned. People who are in the sun all day and don't protect themselves will develop skin cancer later in life. I know people like this. My uncle was a roofer who took his shirt off and never wore sunscreen, he ended up having to get a ton of cancer cut out of his skin in areas most exposed to the sun. People who go tanning several times per week will look like absolute crap in a matter of years, we've all seen these people with leather skin. But if you don't get enough sun exposure you will become vitamin D deficient.

Should you slather handfuls of 99999spf sunscreen all over your body if you're going to the beach for an hour? Absolutely not. People will think a sunscreen is more protective if it has more chemicals in it, which is why companies do this. But studies have shown that these chemicals will react with the UV rays and cause accelerated free radical damage in your skin, which is why even if you put sunscreen on your arms, you may still find yourself with old leathery skin.

Will tons of antioxidants and proper nutrition prevent our skin from becoming sun damaged? We can only assume so, but no one knows for sure. There are no studies on this. But just because I'm taking loads of supplements, I'm not going to go out in the sun every day for several hours or hit the tanning beds every week.

Dr. Mercola's sunscreen is the best I've found, even "organic" sunscreens on iherb have weird chemicals in them, but are still better than what you'd find in the store. I can tell the difference, if I put on a big brand sunscreen it will make my face break out, itch, give me acne.

Astraxanthin, Polypodium leucotomos extract (FernBlock/Heliocare), iodine, GLiSODin and other antioxidants will prevent sunburn, this is a great alternative to sunscreen and may reduce sun damage that would otherwise happen to our skin. I am still very cautious about sun exposure, even if I am not wearing sunscreen I will use a lotion full of antioxidants or oil to moisturize my skin before and after I go out. Example: http://www.iherb.com/Alba-Botanica-Kona-Coffee-After-Sun-Lotion-8-5-fl-oz-250-ml/13048?at=0
I would love to see a lotion even better than this with astraxanthin, curcumin, and other anti-cancer/anti-oxidants in it. I may try to make one myself. Heliocare makes a sun gel that I'd imagine is pretty great but it's expensive.

As for the argument that other cultures throughout time, and people in other countries such as Africa who don't have sunscreen never get cancer or damaged skin-
1) These people are dark skinned, so sun damaged skin might not be as apparent, and I think they have evolved to better tolerate sun than fair skinned people from colder environments.
2) They have learned to adapt, listen to their bodies and seek shade when they have been out in the sun too long, and use natural sunscreens such as shea butter, mud, or antioxidant rich plants.
3) The ozone layer has been partially destroyed by chemicals in the atmosphere, and no longer filters out the harmful x-rays of the sun like it used to, so we are now at more risk.

Here are some links on the subject:
http://www.exploringinfinity.com/2010/07/the-sun-does-not-cause-cancer-dont-be-stupid/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/06/19/sun.aspx
http://products.mercola.com/summer-survival-kit/

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down