Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Relationship of other muscles to the Galea EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Relationship of other muscles to the Galea

5 posters

Go down

Relationship of other muscles to the Galea Empty Relationship of other muscles to the Galea

Post  Dracula Fri May 17, 2013 12:02 am

Just a quick observation. I started doing scalp massages consistently about a month ago. I also have done scalp exercises off and on but lack the discipline to do them everyday. Often times when doing the scalp massages, especially on the sides near the temples and around the crown I feel a tight sensation in my jaw. This morning I was doing them and the left side of my jaw cracked like it has never cracked before. Honestly felt great. I also have noticed that when doing the scalp exercises (Tom Hagerty) I sometimes get pressure in my ear canal and also my sinuses.

It just makes me think that the tightness of the Galea and scalp in general is being affected by tightness in and imbalances in other parts of the body as well. I know it has been touched upon in detail but I truly believe hair loss (and often times disease, ailments, ect.) is a total body endeavor. I'd be curious to know the percentage of bald men who feel that their overall range of motion is sub-par. And that doesn't mean how physically fit or in shape you are either. You can be strong, lean and in overall good shape but still have less than optimal flexibility and range of motion. If we are tight in the scalp it probably isn't the only place we are tight!

Dracula

Back to top Go down

Relationship of other muscles to the Galea Empty Re: Relationship of other muscles to the Galea

Post  itzmecorey Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 am

Your rubbing your temples and that is where your TMJ meets your jawbone. They arent connected if you asked my two sense.

itzmecorey

http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Relationship of other muscles to the Galea Empty Re: Relationship of other muscles to the Galea

Post  SlowMoe Fri May 17, 2013 1:12 am

Yeah for me it is more like a tendency for chronically tight muscles all over my body, not just my scalp.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 am

Magnesium has muscle relaxing properties just to throw that out there since I havent seen it brought up in these type of discussions...

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri May 17, 2013 2:16 pm

987 wrote:Magnesium has muscle relaxing properties just to throw that out there since I havent seen it brought up in these type of discussions...

i wonder if applying magnesium around the neck or even on the side of head muscles would help?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri May 17, 2013 11:26 pm

sanderson wrote:
987 wrote:Magnesium has muscle relaxing properties just to throw that out there since I havent seen it brought up in these type of discussions...

i wonder if applying magnesium around the neck or even on the side of head muscles would help?

Sure try it, and make sure you are getting it internally as well. Magnesium has a lot of roles in the body.
Also I do believe the tight scalp is a factor, even on people not loosing hair the scalp will still be tighter than the sides of the head, but you have to discover what made the tight scalp tight enough for it to be a problem... Just from simple observation, I personally think the scalp becomes tighter with skull bone growth ( which could be a symptom of chronic inflammation and excess dht in that area) and I also believe fibrosis is even a larger factor.Say if the passages through the scalp are narrow, any significant fibrosis in there could be all the difference, and hair loss is a self perpetrating system. Fibrosis is pretty much guaranteed when theres a state of long chronic inflammation and TGF beta signaling, and thus is a component behind every aging factor. On someone clean bald I can literally see the fibrosis with my naked eyes at this point, and I can also see it where Ive receded a bit in my hair line. These hair follicles could literally be tangled in a web of fibrosis blocking sufficient red blood cell passage etc. Something I'm finding to make sense with all of these hair loss theories is its actually a combination of everything discussed here happening simultaneously. The hair doesnt want to die so easily, no cell does, we just under estimate what its going through...So don't focus on just one area, address them all.. Just something to consider.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat May 18, 2013 12:13 am

RThere is a topical magnesium/ copper (i think) solution called cramps 911 I was thinking about trying
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down