Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Need help figuring out whats going on. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need help figuring out whats going on.

Go down

Need help figuring out whats going on. Empty Need help figuring out whats going on.

Post  Southside Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:39 am

Hi guys!

About two years ago I noticed that my hair had gotten a bit thinner all over my head. This happened during a very stressful time in my life. At first I thought I was going bald but it never really got that bad. Looking at pictures from five or six years ago I don’t think my hairline has receded at all; nor is my crown really affected. But I can see my scalp to a much larger degree than I could before.

It’s almost as if I have the same amount of hair but the diameter of some of the hairs is smaller. It feels less dense, more wavy than it used to be and sort of brittle and lifeless.
I have noticed that it sort of comes and goes too. During the fall and spring when I’m much more stressed because of school and work my hair looks worse, compared to when I’m home over the summer just relaxing all day.
About two months ago I also noticed that I had quite a bit of dandruff. I would get flakes in my eyebrows as well and the front of my head and eyebrows would get itchy/tingly. Also I have a mild case of tinea versicolor I think it’s called. When I’m in strong sunlight for too long I get pigmentation spots on my stomach and back (I’m in Scandinavia so that doesn’t happen too often). Went to the doctor when it first happened five years ago and I got a ketoconazole shampoo that I was supposed to use every so often but I usually just use it 3-4 weeks before summer break to avoid the spots during the summer.
Anyway I used that shampoo on my head and the dandruff got better but it isn’t all the way gone and my brows still get flaky. The itch is gone though.

I have always had pretty sensitive skin but in the last couple of weeks it has gotten worse. When I take a shower (not hot) my upper cheeks become a bit reddish (goes away after 30 min). When I shave my face gets really warm, really red and I get what looks like hives around my chin and neck – it settles down after about 45 minutes. It never used to get this bad even though now I am using brand new blades and I tried a couple of soaps/foams.
My skin seems to heal kind of slowly in general. I don’t really have acne any more but I do sometimes get pimples on my neck/chin. There’s often a bump for maybe 5-6 days and then there will be a dark red/purple spot for anywhere up to 3 weeks.
Other “symptoms” I have had since I can remember: bad circulation (I always have cold hands and feet), dark circles under eyes, very red eyes that often get irritated/dry (this has also gotten worse in the last few months), sleep problems (it usually takes me up to an hour to fall asleep and I wake up once or twice every night), almost every morning I wake up I have nasal congestion, I get bloated/gassy quite often.

I haven’t really tried anything yet because honestly I don’t know where to start. I’m thinking maybe it’s a hormonal problem, maybe fungal, perhaps I’m allergic to something.
I did try a low carb diet but that seemed to make matters worse (hair got worse and overall I didn’t feel too well). I have a pretty strong sweet tooth as well. I have cut out dairy and I try to avoid gluten as much as I can. Other than that I do take a daily multivitamin/mineral, fish oil and probiotics.

I don’t really have any questions I was just wondering if anyone could make any observations regarding my situation?

Thanks

Southside

Back to top Go down