Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key)

+16
gregslater
calvicie
TrueGround
LawOfThelema
hairisthickening
PolandSpring
Delphine
Zaphod
9rugrats5
Balthier
Growdamnit
CausticSymmetry
bornthisway
Xenon
AS54
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) Empty Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key)

Post  AS54 Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 am

A lot of you guys have probably seen this if you follow Dan's blog, but for those who haven't, check it out. We've seen a few posts here talking about this before. I think its extremely interesting. And if there is truth in the blood flow theory of baldness, this is definitely one of the big pieces of the causal machinery.

And a nice little bonus, Masterjohn chimed in in the comments section.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2013/3/28/the-ivory-dome-theory-of-pattern-hair-loss

AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) Empty Re: Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key)

Post  Xenon Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 am

I previously wondered if fluoride in water assists in this calcification process. Perhaps applying fluoridated water to the scalp, when washing hair, also contributes to calcification.

Here's an interesting article on this...

"New research reveals a startling new finding: fluoride is likely contributing to the epidemic of cardiovascular disease by stimulating calcification of the vascular system, including the coronary arteries.

In a study published in the journal Nuclear Medicine Communications this month (Jan. 2012), researchers assessed fluoride uptake and calcification in the major arteries of 61 patients who were administered sodium fluoride, the active ingredient in most fluoridated toothpastes. The study revealed:
"The coronary fluoride uptake value in patients with cardiovascular events was significantly higher than in patients without cardiovascular events."
They also found that there was a signification correlation between fluoride uptake and calcification observed in most of the arterial walls, indicating that the fluoride itself likely stimulates the precipitation of calcium within the arteries.

It is already well-known that vascular calcification is highly correlated with cardiovascular disease mortality. The hardening of the arteries associated with atherosclerosis is in part due to the calcification of plaque which subsequently becomes brittle and susceptible to breaking off into an artery-obstructing clot.

Even taking elemental calcium supplements (sourced from limestone, bone meal or oyster shell), at doses as low* as 500 mg a day, was shown in two meta-analyses last year to increase the risk of heart attack by up to 27%.

What is novel about this new study is that it indicates how cardiovascular calcification may be occurring. Beyond the excessive consumption of inorganic calcium, fluoride may be an essential factor in mediating calcium's contribution to enhanced cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Fluoride exposure is now ubiquitous, thanks to the fluoridation of public drinking water, medications like Prozac (fluoxetine), non-stick cookware, to name but a few common routes of exposure.

Fluoride-induced calcification is not a new finding. Back in 2001, autopsies on cadavers revealed that fluoride accumulation in the pineal gland is associated with enhanced calcification of that endocrine organ."

http://www.sott.net/article/240261-Can-Fluoride-Calcify-Your-Arteries
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key) Empty Re: Danny Roddy Post on Calcification, Blood Flow, and Baldness (and how Vitamin K is key)

Post  bornthisway Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Calcification of the diploic vein system will impair the blood supply to the scalp follicle -- if this is true, why do fin or dut work in the long term? Is the calcification a result of the inflammatory processes related to AGA? If so, need to address the cause(s).

bornthisway

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:28 am

bornthisway wrote:Calcification of the diploic vein system will impair the blood supply to the scalp follicle -- if this is true, why do fin or dut work in the long term? Is the calcification a result of the inflammatory processes related to AGA? If so, need to address the cause(s).

Answer: Yes

Prostaglandin D2 stimulates calcification. Inhibiting DHT is an indirect way of handling this. How calcium is regulated in the body, the amount of vitamin D, vitamin A also have an influence. In some indirect fashion, even magnesium plays a role (an influence) over the release of calcium, which can affect the synthesis of PGD2.

On another matter, regarding calcification of the vascular system, it is the undercarboxylation of MGP (Matrix Gla Proteins) appears to set the stage for vascular calcification. In order to carboxylate MGP, sufficient vitamin K2 is necessary, and so called RDA levels are not high enough to ensure this.

For this reason, I take Decalcify or at least some form of K2, preferably MK-7 form.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:47 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
bornthisway wrote:Calcification of the diploic vein system will impair the blood supply to the scalp follicle -- if this is true, why do fin or dut work in the long term? Is the calcification a result of the inflammatory processes related to AGA? If so, need to address the cause(s).

Answer: Yes

Prostaglandin D2 stimulates calcification. Inhibiting DHT is an indirect way of handling this. How calcium is regulated in the body, the amount of vitamin D, vitamin A also have an influence. In some indirect fashion, even magnesium plays a role (an influence) over the release of calcium, which can affect the synthesis of PGD2.

On another matter, regarding calcification of the vascular system, it is the undercarboxylation of MGP (Matrix Gla Proteins) appears to set the stage for vascular calcification. In order to carboxylate MGP, sufficient vitamin K2 is necessary, and so called RDA levels are not high enough to ensure this.

For this reason, I take Decalcify or at least some form of K2, preferably MK-7 form.

So, do you just take a pill form of that, or is it just from your foods?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:19 am

Society as a whole is so germ phobic, that they do not regularly consume fermented foods. In general most foods rich in K2 are not consumed very much. There are marginal levels of K2 in some meats, and some cheeses and eggs. However, to obtain higher levels one would need to eat certain types of organ tissue (pancreas, liver) or eat natto or sauerkraut. I'm personally not found of these "exotic foods." Therefore I prefer to supplement. It is unclear exactly how much K2 exists in some of these foods.

Decalcify contains 180 mcg of MK-7 per 3 caps and 15 mg of MK-4 per 3 caps. MK-7 being the more powerful, despite its "low" molecular weight.

Was planning an article on K2 in the future as some of the older topics on this have been long buried.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Can I get this at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe? Also, how healthy is it to consume? Any side effects worth mentioning?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Can I get this at GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe? Also, how healthy is it to consume? Any side effects worth mentioning?

No, unfortunately, it's only available through two routes for the moment.
Such as: http://hairevo.com/shop/8-decalcify

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Would just a vitamin K2 supplement work just as well?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:39 pm

I love real fermented sauerkraut and it has other probiotics and antioxidants, but I wouldn't rely on it for K2 at least according to this it only contains 4.8 http://bare5.com/2012/02/13/my-new-favorite-vitamin-k2/

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 am

Does anybody have any information on how well K2 is utilized from plant sources? I know we tend to do a better job at absorbing A from animal sources. But animal source K2 is pretty hard to come by in large quantities from whole animal foods. But dark green vegetables contain quite a bit of K. I'd like to know how efficient we are at utilizing this and how its bioavailability compares.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:34 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Does anybody have any information on how well K2 is utilized from plant sources? I know we tend to do a better job at absorbing A from animal sources. But animal source K2 is pretty hard to come by in large quantities from whole animal foods. But dark green vegetables contain quite a bit of K. I'd like to know how efficient we are at utilizing this and how its bioavailability compares.
I agree. I eat vegetables like a madman, but I don't know how well my body is absorbing it.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:01 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Does anybody have any information on how well K2 is utilized from plant sources? I know we tend to do a better job at absorbing A from animal sources. But animal source K2 is pretty hard to come by in large quantities from whole animal foods. But dark green vegetables contain quite a bit of K. I'd like to know how efficient we are at utilizing this and how its bioavailability compares.

From Mercola's interview with Kate Rheamue-Bleue, not much at all, even if you have excellent gut flora to convert K1 to K2. At least from current understanding, there is no other way to get K2 in high enough quantities except from animal sources or Natto and similar fermented plant sources. Some experts weigh in on the side of Mk7, some on the side of Mk4. Here, in my country, I just try to half boil good quality eggs for some K2, at least it would avoid acute deficiency.

K2 also might be important for unblocking Vit-D receptors. Vit D cycle consumes K2, and without continuing supply of K2, it stops. And it has been suggested somewhere (can't remember where), that for Vit-D deficient people, once the Vit-D production starts revving, it boosts immune system enough that it may begin fighting off l-form bacteria that block Vit-D receptors.

Edit- I posted the interview a while back here https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t8699-good-vid-interview-on-vit-k2
Listen in at 1:02:00-1:04:30.
So, healthy human beings make a bit of conversion from K1 to K2 but not enough to meet needs. Increasing K1 consumption does not help, either. Both of them say fermenting vegetables is best, but then one needs to have the right bacterial strain that produces K2.

Last edited by 9rugrats5 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:24 am; edited 3 times in total
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:06 am

Plant sources as green vegetables are usually rich in K1 - phylloquinone. I've read that it can be converted to K2 in small intestines, but cant find a good source right know. What it is more or less sure is that we should have some bacteria in intestines that produce K2 on their own. How much and how to create it, i simply don't have any idea. Also don't think anybody is sure that intestinal bacteria is adequate supplier of K2. CS and his opinion to dose K2 more than RDA might suggest eating more K2 sources, or simpler to supplement it. We just stopped to talk about the gut for a while and yet again, here it is.Smile

For this reason i supplemented K2 with higher dose for a while. Cant say i noticed anything extraordinary, but can say the opposite for magnesium (oil, or bioavaible source). Topical and internal. I also use iodine as topical to prevent calcifications and a violet ray. Not sure if it's calcification or pathogenic overload either, but i am sure it suits my case.

Some reading about intestinal relations with K2:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1492156

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8198105

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:01 am

Thanks for the info guys. I think K-2 will definitely be an addition to my next round of supplements. I need to do more research though on the specific strains that are responsible for conversion of K2. This is all pretty interesting.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 am

lactococcus lactis is found in patents:
http://www.google.com/patents/US20100047385

in natoo the job seems to be doing bacillus subtilus

I'd really like to supp it with food as dairy. Eathing sauerkraut to often is not my interest:)...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:41 am

I haven't gone so much a day or two without taking K2 for the last few years. The relationship to preventing and removing vascular and arterial calcification is dependent on it, even the plaque from the teeth.

And if anyone is taking vitamin D3, a good idea, it is just as impotant, if not more so to also be taking K2.

Food wise, nothing beats natto, except the taste is often horrible for most. In terms of meats, must be grass-fed or out of luck. Grain finishing will wipe away all the benefits of a grass-fed animal.

Sauerkraut (I checked into it), requires too much. So besides natto, best bet is certain cheeses.

Speaking of Kate Rheamue-Bleue, her recommendations are even more progressive than mine. I consume
180 mcg daily of MK-7, and I get 15 mg of MK-4. Although MK-7 is by far the best. The more D3 you take, the more K2 is necessary.

Research suggests that bacterial fermentation in our guts does not supply ample K2 for us...therefore we do need it from diet or supplementation.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 am

I bought a bottle of decalcify, CS. Hopefully this stuff does me wonders. Very Happy

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 am

I'd suspect Vitamin K isn't going to do anything that greatly astounds you. If we consider that the progression of calcification over many years tends to occur without signs or symptoms until that sudden heart attack occurs, then I'd also expect that preventing that calcification will be just as subtle an effect. The benefit you'll see will be from what doesn't happen, rather than what does. Alternatively, if K really is integral to vitamin D signaling then it might indirectly give you some immediate benefits through vitamin D.

I'm not aware of evidence (although I intend to start looking) that K will reverse existing calcification. If it does, then that's a different ball game.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 am

does heat destroy any K2?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:18 am

I'm taking this for K2:
http://www.vitaminlife.com/product-exec/PNAME/Source-Of-Life-Garden-Vitamin-K2/product_id/61759?gclid=CK7ho_L0sbYCFW3ZQgodZzUAmA

Source of Life Garden™ Vitamin K2 Caps with Organic Gold Standard Nutrients is the first vitamin K2 supplement made to exacting organic standards. Each easy-to-swallow capsule provides 120 mcg of vitamin K2, the most bioavailable form of this critical bone-health nutrient, as menaquinone-7 from organic natto (a fermented soy food).

Source of Life Garden Vitamin K2 features:

*120 mcg Vitamin K2 (m7) – organic whole food source
*Organic Gold Standard Whole Food Blend – phytonutrient-rich whole fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, herbs, algae and other green foods
*Natural Whole Food Enzymes for maximum support

I also take dessicated liver tablets daily. I think it's reasonable to assume it contains K2. Plus, it's great for hair.

Oh, and raw cheddar cheese...
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 am

Balthier wrote:does heat destroy any K2?

No, and naturally, this is good news. Those that like pizza rejoice! Although to be fair, most
cheeses are not as loaded in K2 as those cheeses that are not on Pizza.

From a clinical point of view, there's some nice anedoctal evidence on real patients of calcifications
clearing up from K2. This is especially so with added magnesium. Note that Decalcify contains Magnesium Orotate, one
of the few actually proven to remove arterial plaque. Essential fatty acids also play a role in diffusing calcium.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PolandSpring Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Balthier wrote:does heat destroy any K2?

No, and naturally, this is good news. Those that like pizza rejoice! Although to be fair, most
cheeses are not as loaded in K2 as those cheeses that are not on Pizza.

From a clinical point of view, there's some nice anedoctal evidence on real patients of calcifications
clearing up from K2. This is especially so with added magnesium. Note that Decalcify contains Magnesium Orotate, one
of the few actually proven to remove arterial plaque. Essential fatty acids also play a role in diffusing calcium.

Hi CS, I was wondering if you has an ideal source for vitamin K2 that isn't in the Decalcify. I've tried taking Decalcify in the past, but the Zinc makes me nauseous every time. Even in the low 20mg dose in decalcify.

I also have Crohns, which may be why I am so sensitive to the Zinc.

Thanks!

PolandSpring

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 am

^, this tends to happen when one is low on zinc to begin with. When I first started taking it I was doing the 50 mg dose and I got stomach upset for about the first 4-5 days. It completely ceased. This may not be your particular situation but it is something to consider. People with intestinal issues really need the zinc, along with other factors like vitamin A. But it can help to start with a lower dose.

As an aside, here is part two to this series by D Roddy. I feel like I'm marketing for him at this point, haha. But I think these are important pieces of research.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2013/4/3/the-ivory-dome-theory-of-baldness-part-ii-putting-it-all-together
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Not sure but I notice at the edges of my hairline right where it started receding I have some small hard lumps. Always wondered ijf this could be causing my receding?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next