Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
ImmortalHair - What it has become EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ImmortalHair - What it has become

+8
whodathunkit
AS54
Nuuu_Dx
ar
rofl
theseeker86
TallDwarf
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ImmortalHair - What it has become Empty ImmortalHair - What it has become

Post  TallDwarf Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Don't need to tell you who I am. Just spreading the word on other forums. This is translated from french with Google Translate. Hopefully it's understandable.

Haha, it's nice to see someone really intelligent and skeptical about it all on this forum. It's been since the creation of web forums and billboards as it lasts, self-proclaimed gurus trying to croires gullible people that everything can be cured with natural treatments: from cancer to baldness! Fortunately, we see that people with cancer die. Sad to say but it shows you the reality in the face.

I do not know if you know the forum Immortalhair. I have recently been banned. They defend the indefensible as what hair loss is treatable naturally and ended up selling THEIR solutions (which do absolutely nothing but empty your paypal account) on their forums. Now when someone comes asking for advice, he offers them cash consultation with the guru and administrator of the site! It's starting to scare me, their practice are not far from those of a sect. I hope that this will never happen on the French forums.

Good riddance

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

ImmortalHair - What it has become Empty Re: ImmortalHair - What it has become

Post  theseeker86 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Your post is confusing, what word are you spreading? And what do you mean by good riddance?

Are you that person that was recently banned?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 pm

[quote]Fortunately, we see that people with cancer die[/quote]

i think u meant UNfortunately.

and if u dont want a consult with him, dont get one, noones forcing u or anyone else to get one. but for the record, some of us dont agree with certains points of views on this forumn by certain people, but the difference is, we dont com on here acting like asses disrespecting everyone, just because they share a different perspective.

we r all free to believe wat we want.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

and when there is the number of biochemical pathways as shown on the below link, which is still probably much smaller than reality, there is room for different opinions.

http://web.expasy.org/cgi-bin/pathways/show_thumbnails.pl
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Nobody has a gun to their heads to join or use this site or purchase the supplements. If you're out money, it's because you didn't do the research (all provided for free at the expense of hours and hours of the other users) and followed other's successes without any idea whether they used approaches applicable to your situation.

I've had people personally tell me without this site they'd be dead and to have "god" bless me, and I've had my life threatened, by users on this site. The difference between the two was the amount of time spent actually learning about themselves.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm

The very fact that I'm posting this should be a hint towards what this site is. I gain nothing from still being here giving everybody my time, I've never made a cent, but I know that when somebody much like I was years ago (in viciously poor health and shedding like a cat) is out there looking for some resource to help them, they will have it. I know first hand that it can be life saving for those willing to give the site time and patience.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 pm

I think there is a bit of both worlds on here (just my opinion).

There is some very useable beneficial things on here, but also has its fair share of quackery (peeing on your head??), just a matter of sorting between them and finding what is best for you.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am

Its kind of like the idea of a true democracy to me, and whether that is ideal.

The idea of a forum is anyone can post and everybody can be heard, but much like the debate on ideal forms of representation in politics, we have to ask ourselves the question...is everyone's opinion or thoughts equal, more important: do they deserve equal space?

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
― Isaac Asimov

So that is the dilemma, to start a community whereby each member is judged for the scientific rigor, novelty of information, etc. etc. etc. Granted we'd definitely have a forum with more information density, but at the exclusion of what I'd say it an equally important aspect to discovery. I think there are some members who don't come from the same scientific background as others, but they have an exploratory spirit and common sensical attitude, and maybe most importantly the desire to learn and solve problems. Discoveries can come out of those minds just the same. You need the different kinds of people, those who take information and rigorously interpret it through a fine lens, and others who creatively interpret that same information way outside of the box.

It doesn't always work out. We know there are hundreds or thousands of realtively pointless threads in a forum like such. But what is the tradeoff of the alternative? Granted it would make things easier to have been in here at an earlier time and have less material to dive into (like AR was mentioning), but I think the collective mind will always be superior to a subsect of it, even if the collective mind's thoughts are a bit messier.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:48 am

Fredness: MentalDwarf: TallDwarf:

REALLY??!!! Very Happy Are we in elementary school? Did you *really* tell the French kids we were big ol' meanies and liars?!! Hilarious. Bahahahaha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm with ar. I can't say this forum has saved my life but it certainly saved some of my hair (and gave me back some, too). And I am much, much better off healthwise than I was when I lit here, so I guess you could say it saved my health. Plus I really, really like the "Immortal Hair" (i.e., OrthoNutrition) line of supps. It's stuff I'd buy anyway, from a supplier I trust.

On a more serious note: people die from cancer all the time, you nitwit, regardless of whether they go the allopathic or natural route. You need to stop blaming natural therapies for cancer deaths.

Last edited by whodathunkit on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:49 am

Did Fred get banned?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:06 am

^ Boy have I wanted to ban him, but if he did get banned it wasnt by my hand. I sent him several warnings after offensive posts and assumed he'd just cooled off for a bit as his absence is hard to not notice.

Fred is pretty emotionally unstable, I wouldn't worry about him telling the rest of the kids that we're a bunch of meanies. I just hope he finds some element of peace.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 am

This group will only be as good as big pharma and the status quo allows. Without enough resourses and minons to do all the gruntwork, we only have time on our side. Eventually the truth will be exposed if we stick around long enough, obviously that's of little comfort to most.

Back to top Go down

Post  TallDwarf Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:38 am

I could have sworn it was you that banned me ar Very Happy. It's just that the general idea about what the immortalhair community has become was contained in that short post. Not really a democracy...

Especially after having seen the "save you from trouble, book a 99$ consultation with CS!" what the hell was that?

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 am

Wasn't I Fred, I'll leave it to whoever did the banning to decide whether to reban you.

Though maybe it would be more preferable to have you bad mouth us where at least we don't have to see it.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 am

What this place has become?, a venue for the OP to waste our time and throw his poo around like a monkey. AFAIK, on forums like these, you are either the grease in the cogs of the machine or the wrench. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:19 am

Fredness said:
It's just that the general idea about what the immortalhair community has become was contained in that short post. Not really a democracy...

Banning = "voting out". You voted you should stay, but apparently lots of others voted that you needed to go, and the leaders (moderators) listened to the majority. Sounds like a democracy to me.

Democracy does not mean everyone is obliged to listen to every bit of drivel that any idiot wants to put out there. It just means you get one vote, even if you're an idiot.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  TallDwarf Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 am

I find you very annoying who**** whatever your pseudo is. How am I saying crap? I had 500 messages on this board, and I tried to help people before. People got ideas from me like using Vitamin A and B5 to reduce sebum.

So no one picking on the fact that now, when someone comes looking for help here, they are referred to CS for a hundred dollars consultation? no one?!

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 am

Nobody has a gun to their heads to buy supplements or consults Fred, also the marketing for said services is miniscule at best with emphasis on trial and error and you damn well know it.

Nobody wanted to ban you for your opinion and you know that too, people wanted you out of here because you were prone to neurotic outbursts and being an asshole. This is the last I'll say on the matter.
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  TallDwarf Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 am

Why do you make it sound like I have a mental problem. I'm a person in perfect mental health. Well I haven't been diagnosed with any mental illnesses.

Who***** did the same thing. If it makes you feel better to think that... I'm not that pissed for being banned, it's just that I liked my signature and didn't have the chance to copy it ^^.

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:25 am

I find you very annoying who**** whatever

Good. Now you know how I feel about you. Very Happy

I'll try to break it down simply.

You don't come in someone's house and take a shit in the living room. Which is what you're doing when you insult CS on this forum. He pays for it, so it's his house. Therefore, you need to exercise good manners towards the forum host when you're on a forum that you don't pay to belong to. Good manners means if you disagree with your host and the majority of his guests, you do it politely. But you have not been polite, Fredness. You have behaved like a boor. Nobody likes a boor.

No one is denying your contributions, when you contributed. But after your little "iodine psychosis" episode, you turned relentlessly negative. You insulted CS, you insulted many members of this forum, you maliciously tried to say that no natural therapies worked, and you deliberately tried to scare new people and people seeking info, and prejudice them against natural/alternative therapies.

The information is here for the taking. This is pretty much a self-service place...you educate yourself. No here one is obliged to educate you or be your doctor and tell you exactly what to take and eat and do, or what time of day to do it, etc., especially if the info's already been posted before. People do repeat themselves because they care and are interested in promoting health and well-being...but again, no one is obliged to educate anyone who seems angry and uninterested in educating themselves, or in taking responsibility for their actions. Hence the recommendation to get a consultation from CS. If you're too lazy to educate yourself for free, then you need to pay someone to do it for you.

This forum is dedicated to the free practice of natural and alternative therapies. And please note that free does not mean that supplements and therapeutic agents are given away at no cost...it just means we can all take the posted information free of charge, and apply it if we want. If you don't like that, and you think natural therapies are bogus, then you need to go somewhere else.

You also need to realize you're not a voice of reason here, or some brilliant, ground-breaking iconclast. You're a tired cliche of the iconclast. And not the brightest iconclast anyone's ever seen, either.

Last edited by whodathunkit on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  TallDwarf Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 am

Little "iodine psychosis" episode.

Little, you're so funny, I've been locked up in a mental institute for 2 months with no history of manic/schizophrenic behavior before that, but yeah sure, litlle, and it was not the iodine, as you please! Wink

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 am

Fred, when my cousin was diagnosed with schizophrenia he blamed it on everything else but his disease. It was because he'd done acid, smoked dope, tried coke, didn't eat right, etc. His problems and behavior were about everything except what was really the problem.

I'm not saying you're schizophrenic, but whatever your problems are, I'd bet my bank account they weren't caused by iodine. Iodine psychosis clears up, it doesn't go on for months.

I didn't know you were still in a hospital. You made it sound like you were out. But since you say you're still acutely ill, I won't engage with you about this any more. I hope and pray you get better. I truly do.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  TallDwarf Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:43 am

What?! pardon my Belgian English, I meant I WAS locked up. I've been out for 13 months now. And I'm perfectly healthy, physically and mentally (at least I think so, no warnings from my relatives :p), not taking any pharmaceutical drugs (except for my beloved minoxidil). I've almost finished university, I have a girlfriend and I'm gonna have temporary dermopigmenation done in a few weeks. Frankly things could not be better. But thank you anyway for caring Wink.

TallDwarf

Back to top Go down

Post  ar Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:27 am

I'm glad things are going well. It's also great that you reiterated your stance one last time and got your signature back. All the luck in future endeavors!
ar
ar

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 pm

'Why do you make it sound like I have a mental problem. I'm a person in perfect mental health. Well I haven't been diagnosed with any mental illnesses.'

'Little, you're so funny, I've been locked up in a mental institute for 2 months with no history of manic/schizophrenic behavior before that, but yeah sure, litlle, and it was not the iodine, as you please!'

so u have no mental problem, or history of mental problems, yet youve been in a mental institute for 2 months? Did they tell u the padded room was a bouncing castle?

and the only reason im having a stab at u, is because u keep coming back causing problems, not because i have anything against mental illness.

Last edited by rofl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid picture, and quote buttons dont work for me anymore.)
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next