Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Immortalhair photos EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Immortalhair photos EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Immortalhair photos EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immortalhair photos EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Immortalhair photos EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Immortalhair photos EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Immortalhair photos EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immortalhair photos EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Immortalhair photos EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immortalhair photos

+3
tooyoung
CausticSymmetry
Joey Ramone
7 posters

Go down

Immortalhair photos Empty Immortalhair photos

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am

Sorry if this has been discussed many times before but I couldn't find anything in a search for 'photos' or 'pics' in the forum. Actually there seems to be very low interest in photos of progress in this forum altogether.

Anyway, CS have you found any difference in your hair since the 2007 photos or do you think you've grown back as much hair as you're going to be able to now? There doesn't seem to be too much difference in hair though it does look much healthier, so then is the focus on general health and maintenance of existing hair or are you still looking find ways to regrow hair that was lost a long time ago?

Thanks for the website info too. I picked up the rest of my supplements the other day so will be starting the regimen on Tuesday. Looking forward to see what comes of it.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Immortalhair photos Empty Re: Immortalhair photos

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 am

Joey Ramone - Around the time of Michael Jackson's death, I took a photo and posted it on this thread below.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/natural-course-regimen-t1130.htm

In the near future, will be posting some videos on www.Worldhairloss.org
These videos will be simple in nature, nothing too complex with the idea of helping out the newbies.
That said, won't need to post any new photos.

Anyway, my hair has improved since the last time I posted.

I think that in general, photos are difficult to post for a variety of reasons. #1 Many do not have any "good" bad photos
that have survived deletion. #2 unless a photo is taken in the exact same light, size, location and angle, it can be difficult
to see improvements unless those changes are dramatic.

In my case, I try not to post any photos too close together.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 am

OMG also posted a good vid on world hair loss about poor quality cameras, "washing out" i think it was called, which made them look different to real life, which can be a bit misleading.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 am

Then I tried hardcore vegetable juicing which I think helped keep my hair but it was far too labor intensive and difficult with a busy work schedule.

CS,
Can you tell us more about your vegetable juicing regimen?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 10, 2011 12:21 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:

Then I tried hardcore vegetable juicing which I think helped keep my hair but it was far too labor intensive and difficult with a busy work schedule.

CS,
Can you tell us more about your vegetable juicing regimen?

It was the first thing I did in a mad obsession to control my hair loss. This was in the "darker age" of nutrition than I think we are in now. On the advice of juicing "guru," Jay Kordich, known as the Juiceman, I juiced the overwhelming majority of my juices as vegetable, consisting of three quarters carrot and one quarter green juices.

I focused on the most nutrient dense juices, such as Kale, Parsley and Cabbage, although I used a large variety of others such as Dandelion greens (quite bitter, but nutrient dense), Beets quite often (very robust and nutritious), and often used celery stalk in many. I believe these were the most important of the vegetables that I had used.

I did juice wheatgrass as well, but I found it to be very cumbersome and a special juicer was required--has a metallic taste to it.

I would juice fruit once per day at that time, and apples were used as the base and often would include lemon grape, cherries and other combinations.

At that time, I ate only one solid meal per day. This regimen was not appropriate for my personal metabolic type, but I'm quite certain that some would do much better on it that me.

The drawbacks were very frequent trips to the bathroom (urination). In the beginning there were all kinds of trips to the bathroom, which was fine, a required and essential detoxification process. However, going #1 was a bit of hassle with all the liquid nutrition.

I found that it did not appreciably help my glucose levels at all. And bedroom activity left a lot to be desired. For me, I just needed more protein, so when I became concerned about my lack of virility, I switched back over.

Also, I experienced symptoms of adrenal fatigue, another sign that it wasn't correct for me.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue May 10, 2011 1:28 pm

juicing is not the darker age IMO. it is a luxury if u can afford it. look at jack lalane, an advocate for juicing.

the only reason not t post pics on a hairloss forum is for obvious reasons of anonymity. on any other forum you will find plenty of pics because people are thriving and showing off--try raw food forums for pics.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue May 10, 2011 1:47 pm

luxury:

http://www.blueprintcleanse.com/

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Don't know about the juice but I love the design of that site Gibson. Awesome.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Gibson wrote:juicing is not the darker age IMO. it is a luxury if u can afford it. look at jack lalane, an advocate for juicing.

the only reason not t post pics on a hairloss forum is for obvious reasons of anonymity. on any other forum you will find plenty of pics because people are thriving and showing off--try raw food forums for pics.

I didn't mean that juicing itself was part of the dark age, it was the was time and the decade (1994).

Those who feel great on a more vegan diet would do great on a juicing regimen.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am

It was the first thing I did in a mad obsession to control my hair loss. This was in the "darker age" of nutrition than I think we are in now. On the advice of juicing "guru," Jay Kordich, known as the Juiceman, I juiced the overwhelming majority of my juices as vegetable, consisting of three quarters carrot and one quarter green juices.

I focused on the most nutrient dense juices, such as Kale, Parsley and Cabbage, although I used a large variety of others such as Dandelion greens (quite bitter, but nutrient dense), Beets quite often (very robust and nutritious), and often used celery stalk in many. I believe these were the most important of the vegetables that I had used.

CS,
Many of the vegetables you were using are some of the most concentrated plant sources of apigenin and luteolin. During my research last week I found some exciting information about the possibility of luteolin activating ATP-sensitive potassium channels. As many of us know, minoxidil's mechanism of action has been shown to be activation of these potassium channels. Thus luteolin might work as a natural substitute for minoxidil.

Vasorelaxing effects of flavonoids: investigation on the possible involvement of potassium channels.
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2004.
A flavonoid-rich diet has been associated with a lower incidence of cardiovascular diseases, probably because of the antioxidant and vasoactive properties of flavonoids. Indeed, many flavonoids show vasorelaxing properties, due to different and often not yet completely clarified mechanisms of action. Among them, the activation of vascular potassium channels has been indicated as a possible pathway, accounting, at least in part, for the vasodilatory action of some flavonoid derivatives, such as apigenin and dioclein. Therefore, this work aims at evaluating, on in vitro isolated rat aortic rings, the endothelium-independent vasorelaxing effects of a number of flavonoid derivatives, to identify a possible activation of calcium-activated and/or ATP-sensitive potassium channels and to indicate some possible structure-activity relationships. Among the several flavonoids submitted to the pharmacological assay, only baicalein and quercetagetin were almost completely ineffective, while quercetin, hesperidin, quercitrin and rhoifolin exhibited only a partial vasorelaxing effect. On the contrary, acacetin, apigenin, chrysin, hesperetin, luteolin, pinocembrin, 4'-hydroxyflavanone, 5-hydroxyflavone, 5-methoxyflavone, 6-hydroxyflavanone and 7-hydroxyflavone, belonging to the chemical classes of flavones and flavanones, showed full vasorelaxing effects. The vasodilatory activity of hesperetin, luteolin, 5-hydroxyflavone and 7-hydroxyflavone were antagonised by tetraethylammonium chloride, indicating the possible involvement of calcium-activated potassium channels. Moreover, iberiotoxin clearly antagonised the effects of 5-hydroxyflavone, indicating the probable importance of a structural requirement (the hydroxy group in position 5) for a possible interaction with large-conductance, calcium-activated potassium channels. Finally, glibenclamide inhibited the vasorelaxing action of luteolin and 5-hydroxyflavone, suggesting that ATP-sensitive potassium channels may also be involved in their mechanism of action.

Alongside of kale, carrots, parsley, and dandelion greens, another potent source of luteolin is thyme. If in fact luteolin activates ATP-sensitive potassium channels like minoxidil, there remain a few issues to consider with regard to the overall bioavailability of the flavone:

(1) intestinal absorption, and metabolic modification of luteolin (we can't assume that metabolites of luteolin will have a similar physiological effect)
(2) Serum concentrations of luteolin and half-life (excretion rate)
(3) Tissue uptake. It's not enough for luteolin to be in your plasma. It has to pass through the endothelium and come into contact with the dermal papilla cells at the base of the hair follicles.

Unfortunately, the half-life of luteolin is relatively low..around one hour. But I have found studies which show that some percentage of luteolin does not undergo metabolic modification before entering plasma, which means that some of the ingested luteolin remains in pure form.

Another option I've thought about is just soaking some thyme leaves in water and using it as a topical.

mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:42 am

mphatesmpb - There were some studies in the past which showed some other interesting properties with these, and no doubt, you probably noticed the ones about hair growth on apigenin. For what it's worth I tried dosing these nutrients for a while and did not notice any improvement (at least beyond what was being taken at the time.

I do wonder during the juicing era if these were a factor in at least halting my loss during the small period they were used.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm

CS,
It seems likely that you didn't experience any results from luteolin because it's readily metabolized into different molecules that may not have the same physiological activity.

Influence of biotransformation of luteolin, luteolin 7-O-glucoside, 3',4'-dihydroxyflavone and apigenin by cultured rat hepatocytes on antioxidative capacity and inhibition of EGF receptor tyrosine kinase activity.
Schlupper D, Giesa S, Gebhardt R.
Source

Institute of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany.
Abstract

Flavonoids are known as biologically active compounds. Although this has been shown by several in vivo studies, it is still elusive whether their metabolites exert similar activities. Herein we investigated the biotransformation of four different flavonoids, 3',4'-dihydroxyflavone, apigenin, luteolin and luteolin 7-O-glucoside, by cultured rat hepatocytes using a combination of enzymatic deconjugation, HPLC separation and high-resolution mass spectrometry. These flavonoids were chosen because they are active components of many plants, e. g., artichokes. All flavonoids showed rather complex metabolite patterns dominated by phase II metabolites, mainly sulfates, methyl sulfates and methyl glucuronides, but also of combined glucuronide and sulfate conjugates. Phase I metabolism by hydroxylation was rendered likely only for apigenin to form luteolin. When culture media containing the flavonoids and their metabolites were assayed for antioxidative capacity by the DPPH assay, only compounds with hydroxy groups in position 3' and 4' of the B ring were active. Thus, during metabolism of (inactive) apigenin a strong increase in the antioxidative effect was observed while that of the other three flavonoids decreased with time. Determination of EGF receptor tyrosine kinase activity likewise revealed strong inhibition in the presence of a catechol group at ring B. However, in this case the situation was much more complex resulting in a significant increase of the inhibitory activity of 3',4'-dihydroxyflavone and apigenin, but not of luteolin and luteolin 7-O-glucoside during 22 h of incubation. These results show that the biotransformation of flavonoids is very complex and may result not only in a loss but also in a gain of biological activity depending on the individual structural features.

An interesting article about how you can alter the bioavailability of flavanoids:

Designing a Cancer Fighting Diet
June 16, 2011 By alex

Over the last few years, cancer fighting diets have received a lot of attention due to the findings that certain plant phytochemicals (also known as: Nutraceuticals), can provide an additional means of regulating the genes and processes that drive the initiation and progression of cancer. In this article, we will show you how you can utilize combinations of nutraceuticals to greatly improve their performance.

Unfortunately, in order for nutraceuticals to inhibit cancer cells, they must be able to reach certain blood (plasma) concentrations, typically in the uM (micromolar) range. However, due to metabolic processes, the plasma concentration never naturally reaches higher than the nM (nanomolar) range. The amount and length of time a neutraceutical remains in the body is referred to as its bioavailability. The limited bioavailability of most nutraceuticals has been a significant roadblock to their clinical application.

However, there are approaches that can be used to increase the bioavailability of a nutraceutical and lower the plasma concentrations required for cancer fighting properties. In this article, we will show you how you can utilize combinations of nutraceuticals to greatly improve their performance. We will use the example of resveratrol, which is found in the skin of red grapes and other fruits, as it’s a commonly used nutraceutical that has been shown to have a proven role in inhibiting many cancers.

Although 70% of the resveratrol dose taken orally is absorbed by the body, the bioavailability of resveratrol is low because it is rapidly metabolized in the intestines and liver into conjugated forms (glucuronate and sulfonate). For example, with a 25 mg oral dose, only trace amounts (below 5 ng/mL) of free resveratrol can be detected in the blood. This is far below the amount required for its anti-cancer benefits to be realized. Furthermore, oral administration of doses higher than 3000 mg per kg of body weight can be dangerous.

Clearly, the low bioavailability of resveratrol limits its therapeutic use. However, it is possible to greatly improve resveratrol bioavailability by simultaneously incorporating other nutraceuticals that inhibit its metabolic break down.

There is a synergistic effect typically found when combining certain nutraceuticals that is most likely explained by an over-saturation of the metabolic enzymes and pathways that degrade these nutraceuticals individually. We can use this knowledge to improve the bioavailability of resveratrol in two ways:

* Through the use of combinations of nutraceuticals that specifically target the metabolic enzymes; and

* By over-saturating the metabolic enzymes, using phytochemicals that compete to bind to them.

The Metabolic Processes That Limit Resveratrol Bioavailability:

There are three processes that inhibit the bioavailability of most nutraceuticals and drugs. This occurs when they attempt to cross the barrier from the intestines into the blood vessels that go to the liver. Here they are removed by ABC transporters and phase 1/II enzymes, referred to as metabolic enzymes. If they do reach the liver, they are attacked by a higher concentration of these enzymes, in addition to monoamine oxidase enzymes (MAOs).

ABC Transporters:
These transporters pump nutraceuticals (and drugs) out of the barrier that exists between the intestines and the blood vessels (enterocytes), back into the intestines. Cancer cells increase the amount of ABC transporters such as breast cancer resistant protein (BCRP) and muti-drug resistance protein 2 (MDRP2).

Phase 1 Enzymes:
These enzymes target nutraceuticals and drugs with biochemical tags that allow them to be excreted. One phase 1 enzyme, CYP3A4, is responsible for metabolizing the majority of nutraceuticals and drugs.

Phase II Enzymes:
Phase II enzymes work by adding a sulfo-moiety (SULTs) or a B-glucuronide group (UGTs) to the target nutraceutical or drug. The tagged nutraceutical is then recognized by the ABC transporters and excreted back into the intestines.

MAO Enzymes:
These gut enzymes break down and inactivate nutraceuticals by removing functional components.

The following section outlines the metabolic processes involved in the breakdown of resveratrol and includes a selection of nutraceuticals that inhibit these processes. When the following nutraceuticals are combined in specific amounts, they greatly improve the bioavailability of resveratrol by inhibiting its breakdown and excretion.

ABC Transporters:
MRP2 – Inhibited by EGCG (green tea), Quercetin (Red onion), Apigenin (Parsley)

BCRP – Inhibited by Apigenin, Hesperetin (Peppermint), Naringenin (Rosemary)

Phase 1 Enzymes:
CYP3A4 – Inhibited by Naringenin, Kaempferol (Basil, Fennel), Grapefruit juice

Phase II Enzymes:
SULTs – Inhibited by Kaempferol, Apigenin, Genistein, Curcumin

UGTs – Inhibited by EGCG/Quercetin/BiochaninA, Curcumin (Tumeric), Piperine (Pepper)

MAO Enzymes:
MAOA – Inhibited by Quercetin, Harmine, Harmaline (grapes, avocados, blackcurrants)

Conclusion:

Including all types of nutraceuticals based on their characterized mechanism can maximize the synergistic effect and therefore lead to more of the cancer fighting properties of these substances getting through to your cells and therefore, directly influencing your cancer. Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about CTOAM’s personalized gene-targeted nutraceutical diets.

Luteolin:
Immortalhair photos 250px-Luteolin.svg

Apigenin:
Immortalhair photos 250px-Apigenin.svg

My somewhat far-fetched idea is to develop a "flavanoid cocktail" that will maximize serum concentrations of unmetabolized luteolin and apigenin.

crincrin, maybe you could drop some biochemical wisdom on this one? Smile
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I know nobody seems particularly interested in luteolin...but I've still been researching it:

neurotrophils generate O2 and release lysozomal enzymes such as beta-glucuronidase [13]...We showed that luteolin monoglucuronide was hydrolyzed to free luteolin by beta-glucuronidase released from neurotrophils (Fig. 2). At inflammation site in vivo, pH is low. This pH is optimal for beta-glucuronidase...The concentration of this enzyme at inflammation site seems to be higher than that in whole blood. Therefore, released beta-glucuronidase might hydrolyze glucuronide conjugates of flavnoids to free aglycones in vivo.

The user ppm stated that he got results from topical thyme oil:
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4044-lavender-ginger-and-rosemary-tea-on-scalp-for-regrowth?highlight=thyme
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Histology and cytochemistry of human skin. XI. The distribution of beta-glucuronidase.
MONTAGNA W.
Abstract
1. Various amounts of beta-glucuronidase activity may be found in all of the cutaneous appendages. 2. In the epidermis, the basal layer and the Malpighian layer contain a moderate amount of it, but a band of cells, including the stratum granulosum and the cells immediately above it, is rich in beta-glucuronidase. 3. The cells of the duct of eccrine sweat glands have moderately strong enzyme activity, but those in the secretory coil are strongly reactive; small and large reactive granules are crowded in the reactive cytoplasm. 4. The cells of the secretory coil of the apocrine glands contain more beta-glucuronidase than any other cutaneous appendage. 5. In the sebaceous glands, a very strong concentration of enzyme activity is found in the undifferentiated peripheral cells, a smaller amount of it is found in the differentiating cells. 6. In active hair follicles, the largest amount of beta-glucuronidase is found in the outer root sheath and in the bulb. In the outer sheath, the strongest concentration is found around the level of the keratogenous zone of the cortex. The dermal papilla is strongly reactive. In quiescent hair follicles, the outer root sheath has a moderate amount of enzyme concentration, but the dermal papilla is unreactive. 7. In the dermis, the fibroblasts in the papillary layer, the smooth muscle cells of the arrectores pilorum and the tunica media of arteries, and the fat cells all exhibit enzyme activity. Mast cells show a great concentration of beta-glucuronidase.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Nice...made that last post at 11:11 pm on 11/11/'11.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down