Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio

3 posters

Go down

Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio Empty Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio

Post  Metro Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

I was wondering how people here feel about the importance of test /cortisol ratio in relation to hairloss.

Anyone knows a good supplement to influence this ratio?
(i 've googled this site already, but mostly the posts are about cortisol alone and ashwaganda didnt do that much for me)

My hairloss history is that i had stopped frontline loss, but then later finding out that hairloss on my crown had kicked in.
And I have been experimenting with lots of supplements for years.
More seriously I had lots of muscle pains in my shoulder area.
And traing/exercising wasnt really helping me but stressing me out more.

Since a few months i have taken on my bodybuildingknowledge to see if i could tame this muscle situation.
So I started with more whey (i already was using it all these years but really moderately)
But when i incorporated BCAA's and glutamine (BCAA's being more beneficial), stuff really started to happen fast.
Long story short, I gained 22 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
(which is not so surprising, considering i had trimmed my weight at forehand some 8 pounds).

My muscle issues in my back now are gone, but surprisingly the hairloss on my crown has stopped (dare i say this, well at least for the time being).

So this let to believe that my cortisol levels were probably way off for a long period in my life.
And going to gym , without supplementing enough protein probably has contributed in a major way.

Now what more can i do with macro's to influence T/C?

Check out his link:
BCAA info

Metro

Back to top Go down

Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio Empty Re: Testosteron / Cortisol Ratio

Post  AS54 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 am

There has been some evidence to show certain amino acids can lower cortisol. A combination of lysine and glutamine seemed to have a synergistic effect taken together in lowering cortisol. I haven't seen any evidence for the same thing occurring with Testosterone.

But if you take a look at some of Tim Ferris' self experimentation, there are some interesting things that went on while he was writing his book, the 4 Hour Body. Now take it for what it is, anecdotal evidence, but the reason it interests me so much to read his material is that he's an absolute biological mad scientist (with money!) and he tests everything. He's got a lab basically set up in his house. He's constantly tracking biological markers in his body to study the effects he's having with his regimens.

According to him, he significantly increased his testosterone through a combination of his training, and through eating specific types of fats at certain times of the day. Before bed, he would take fermented cod liver oil, 2 raw grass-fed egg yolk or two, vitamin D (I'd also add in A and E), a tbsp of almond butter, and 8 oz. of organic dairy (yogurt or kefir could probably be used as well). Blend it all up and drink before bedtime (yum). Twice daily would probably be even more beneficial. While we have to take this kind ofe vidence with a grain of salt, its the kind of anecdotal evidence I'll at least take a second look at because I believe he tends to be truly interested in "bio-hacks" and his dedication to self-study is pretty intense. That said, he's also a marketer of his own books so we have to keep that in mind. But he claims to have taken his testosterone from the high 200s to the low 600s using this combination of fats and through his high intensity exercise.

Some other things I believe are very valuable for seeing these types of benefits:
- Don't go on a crusade to kill your estrogen. In the end you'll probably have little effect anyway, but estrogen is important for IGF-1 signalling and growth hormone output. Speaking of growth hormone, maximize this (amino acid blend before bed high in arginine, lysine, glutamine, glycine) by waiting about 30-40 minutes after your workout to consume your post workout meal.

- Zinc is massively important for testosterorne production and there are lots of potential problems in the body that could be "stealing" zinc, particularly if you aren't eating a lot of animal foods in your diet (regular meat). Get enough zinc, 30-50 mg daily.

- I've found DHEA to be beneficial for boosting T, in so far as the symptoms of increased androgens were very noticeable. I've no test data to corroborate this. It might be worth a try if you are interested. But it should be cycled and don't go overboard. D-Aspartic Acid is another product that interests me.

AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 am

I've read that Vitamin D taken at night can disrupt melatonin production (and hence sleep). So I would consider dropping the Vitamin D from Ferris' evening concoction.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down