Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Two Questions.... EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Two Questions.... EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Two Questions.... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Two Questions.... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Two Questions.... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Two Questions.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Two Questions.... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Two Questions.... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Two Questions.... EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Two Questions....

3 posters

Go down

Two Questions.... Empty Two Questions....

Post  Raxe Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:33 am

First, I'd like to say I've been doing the IH regiment for about 3 months - I am still shedding a bit, but I don't think my hair has gotten any worse - im starting LLLT tomorow.... anyway

1. I;ve suffered from anxiety/depression my whole life - are there any natural supplements I can take for this?

2. My dad had a stroke 2 years ago - his mind is all there, but he's lost about 80% of the mobility in his left arm, he also has diabetes....Is there anything he can take to help improve?

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Two Questions.... Empty Re: Two Questions....

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:56 am

Raxe - First question is, have you ever taken an SSRI? These increase hair loss (usually by increasing prolactin levels).

The best way to treat anxiety and depression is to treat the primary underlying cause, which happens to be adrenal fatigue. See this page on adrenal fatigue:

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm

Regarding stroke, yes there is hope.

The best thing he can do is go through HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) for about 40 sessions or so that are usually set at 1.4 to 2.0 atmosphere, each session lasts about 50 minutes, these are down 5 days per week until significant improvement is reached (usually 30 to 40 sessions). While this is being done, he should undergo physical therapy (regardless if he's already had it), because this allows the HBOT to work significantly better. This therapy turns dormant cells in the brain to active again, allowing a physical therapy to actually work and make use his arm. There's a 90% chance he will experience some kind of improvement.

If ever gets a stroke again, the first thing to do is administer an Irish coffee. This is no joke, it will reduce incident of death by at least 60% and buy him time to get to the hospital. The combination of whiskey and double-strength coffee has been studied and is proven to work.

If he's currently taking coumadin/warfarin, he's on a death sentence. Let me know and will explain what to do.
If he's not on it--very fortunate for him. Ecklonia cava is great for moving the blood, also cayenne pepper. Would recommend him taking 10 milligrams of Lithium Orotate (stroke protective) and 1,000 milligrams of L-Carnosine (not carnitine).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Any new findings on adrenal fatigue CS? I'm still taking the glandular and my lab work seems to be improving...albeit slowly.

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:16 pm

isaac - Hopefully you're on Lugol's solution also. If your cortisol needs amping, you'll want to take a thyroid formula that contains licorice and Schizandra such as this one:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Adrenal-Optimizer-60-Tablets/7923
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:12 am

CS - I did take an ssri many years ag, I havent in a couple of years though.

I read the article on adrenal fatigue....what do you suggest I start on first?

I will have to ask my dad what meds he is on. If i put him on EC now, will that have a bad interaction with anything he could possibly be taking?

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 am

Raxe - If he takes EC, then there are no plausible reactions, but if he's on coumadin, he'll want to make sure he gets his INR levels checked regularly, as the dose of coumadin would probably have to be lowered.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:18 am

Hey CS, what would you recommend I start on if I think this is an issue....or would I need to get tested first?

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:38 am

Raxe - You could get tested, but two problem usually occur when you go that route. First is to find a practitioner who is knowledgeable in this area, the 2nd is the costs involved.

It's actually easier to try the remedies first and see how you feel in a few months. Addressing thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal cortex covers most of the bases on adrenal fatigue.

Here are a few things to check over first in case there other factors:

1. Vitamin D levels (By March or early April, most people have very low Vitamin D levels from all the prior months of no Vitamin-D Producing UVB).

2. Omega-3? Let's say if vegetarian omega-3 is the only source, many men have difficulty converting alpha linoleic acid into EPA & DHA. If this is a factor, shoring up additional Magnesium, B-Complex and Zinc is important to help convert more.

3. Amino acids can sometimes be an issue based on diet and assimilation in some cases.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down