Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included

+3
AS54
Nuuu_Dx
desmadre1
7 posters

Go down

little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included Empty little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included

Post  desmadre1 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:43 pm

This is what I think is making me bald. What do you guys think this is? [img]little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_032649[/img][url=little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_033141-1]little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_033141-1[/url][img]little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_033032[/img][url=little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_032500]little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included 20121204_032500[/url]

Last edited by desmadre1 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included Empty Re: little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included

Post  desmadre1 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm

If you zoom into the pics its more noticealble....Wish it was as clear here as it is on my phone.

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included Empty Re: little red pustules/pimples all over head/hairy areas, ie chest/back...pics included

Post  Nuuu_Dx Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 am

Are they not ingrown hairs?

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am

I doubt it. I've had them for years. I have a few theories as i've been on all these forumns for the past 15 years or so....Just don't post very often. I'm surprised I haven't gotten much response. Would like to get others input. JDP, Caustic, A R.

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 am

I think the ones on your body will be in grown hairs, I have them they feel a bit like a small biscuit crumb when you rub your hand over them.

On your head its probably general inflammation caused by whatever is causing your baldness.

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 am

I get them too. What's missing is the connection between the immune response characteristics of MPB and the pathology of acne. There are similarities between the two, and this is very good evidence of this. A bacterial connection? Androgens also involved? Its all part of the puzzle.

But I have gotten these since the point I first started noticing hair loss and while they are almost always present somewhere on the scalp, they aren't present everywhere. The points of irritation seem to change, but the sensation is the same. I noticed these areas of the scalp were often sore, not to very light touch but if you pressed your fingers down slightly or tried to massage the region you could feel the soreness. They are certainly associated with the hairloss. Now whether you think the inflammation is the result of some commensal skin bacteria, like p. acnes or perhaps some yeast, you are in one crowd. If you think its directly the result of androgen activity, you are in another crowd. Its probably somewhere in between where the real answer is.

And its totally unrelated to hygiene as I wash my scalp daily. But it certainly gets worse if I go a day or so without it. Also wearing a hat, which tends to promote an oily scalp in my case, is perhaps the worst thing for this. Desmadre, do you notice certain meals can trigger it also, not the same day, but the next day or so?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 am

Definitely,
At least the scalp soreness, not as much the bumps because my hair is usually longer. The bumps are more noticeable on my chest. But there smaller than pimples usually. I have been gluten free for a while though so it hasnt been as bad. One of the things that makes my scalp hurt/burn a lot would be coke from the coke fountain, especially at 7/11. Try to stay away from any fountain drinks if I can. I definitely have that soreness that you don't notice unless you massage the scalp. Its not there today though, interestingly i've been on antiobiotics for 3 days.

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:I get them too. What's missing is the connection between the immune response characteristics of MPB and the pathology of acne. There are similarities between the two, and this is very good evidence of this. A bacterial connection? Androgens also involved? Its all part of the puzzle.

But I have gotten these since the point I first started noticing hair loss and while they are almost always present somewhere on the scalp, they aren't present everywhere. The points of irritation seem to change, but the sensation is the same. I noticed these areas of the scalp were often sore, not to very light touch but if you pressed your fingers down slightly or tried to massage the region you could feel the soreness. They are certainly associated with the hairloss. Now whether you think the inflammation is the result of some commensal skin bacteria, like p. acnes or perhaps some yeast, you are in one crowd. If you think its directly the result of androgen activity, you are in another crowd. Its probably somewhere in between where the real answer is.

And its totally unrelated to hygiene as I wash my scalp daily. But it certainly gets worse if I go a day or so without it. Also wearing a hat, which tends to promote an oily scalp in my case, is perhaps the worst thing for this. Desmadre, do you notice certain meals can trigger it also, not the same day, but the next day or so?

Very true. You will probably find hydro-cortisone creams will help.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Easiest to try would be topical Lugol's 2% at night as it stains the skin for a bit.

Also, inclined bed therapy at 6" may be helpful and see if that helps as well.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I use topical white iodine. It helps to keep inflammation in check very well. When i started, i put it only on inflammed part of my scalp. Next day inflammation moved to another location. Dont know why, or how, but it did. I am pretty sure, keeping pathogens in check with treating the gut is the most important step one can do to as well as focusing on the thyroid.

Anyhow from 1/2 days usage i now use it once a week. No regrowth, but would recommend it anyway...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 am

Jdp...lugols....how many times a week? Incline, my head or feet higher?....Beebrox you started with 1 to 2 times a week and now only use it once a week?

I noticed the same thing once with coconut oil...applied and had pimples on my forehead......in a movement pattern away from the scalp.

So do you guys think this is urticaria or demodex/rosacea of the scalp and other areas?

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:02 am

I don't know the exact frequency so you'd have to try and see what works. My guess is a couple times a week.

Some with rapid hair loss also have a significant amount of inflammation as your pics show. I think everyone will have their own opinion of what it is but the iodine acts as an antimicorbial and is also very effective at healing tissues. It will also have the benefit to prevent fibrosis/scar tissue and calcification to make it easier to recover from hair loss.

edit: inclined bed therapy... google has good info. You raise the head of your bed. This helps clear up skin conditions as well as helps with other ailments too.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:45 am

I have this as well and I definitely think that it is related to hair loss. It may be a form of psoriasis or eczema. Hydrocortisone creams/lotions didn't do too much for it. Try some coal tar shampoos or creams.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm

scalp irritation a lot lower with antibiotics. I remember there was a MD that would prescribe low dose antibiotics to the scalp with a 50% success rate in reversing/curing alopecia. Anybody use any antibiotics on the scalp?

I got the lugols....will give it a try when im done with the antibiotics.

Beebrox...where do you get the white iodine from?

desmadre1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:00 pm

desmadre1 wrote:scalp irritation a lot lower with antibiotics. I remember there was a MD that would prescribe low dose antibiotics to the scalp with a 50% success rate in reversing/curing alopecia. Anybody use any antibiotics on the scalp?

I got the lugols....will give it a try when im done with the antibiotics.

Beebrox...where do you get the white iodine from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STRONG-White-Iodine-12-With-Brush-Decolourised-Alopecia-Weak-Nails-10ml-x-2-/120955610801?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item1c298426b1

I started every other day (1/2days) along with massage to help circulation of blood and lymph. I now use it once a week or so, but would want to use it more often.

If antibiotics help, so should this, imo.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down