Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas?

+2
johndoe1225
sizzlinghairs
6 posters

Go down

For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? Empty For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas?

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed May 11, 2016 4:44 am

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this? I seem to be getting what feels like the beggining of a pimple under the hairline and is sensitive/sore to the touch...

Not sure if its ok to keep doing manuals over this or if I do I will damage the scalp/follicles...

Im currently doing a DT variation using a wooden paddle comb like this: http://www.amazon.com/Brush-Cushion-Bristles-Handle-Brushes/dp/B0007V6PFQ/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1462856417&sr=8-2&keywords=wooden+tooth+paddle+brush

Just to give my hands a rest.. But I have also got these areas when doing reg DT as well.

Anyone else experience this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? Empty Re: For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas?

Post  johndoe1225 Wed May 11, 2016 4:46 am

Not me, and I'm using 15 pounds of pressure with cd's DT method.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas? Empty Re: For those doing manuals: anyone ever get pimples/raised sore areas?

Post  cdto2012 Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Yes in the first few months I had many areas that seemed to be pushing out junk oils or clogged pores as the hairs were pushing their way to the surface. I would let the area heal up before DT there. Go for an enzyme skin treatment if you want to clean all of your pores and regenerate the scalp.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Sat May 14, 2016 1:56 am

I have experienced this problem but don't use any DT method. I have blamed it (and lower back) on an occasional poor diet and humidity. The dermatologist's assistant told me otherwise and that it is likely an inflamation problem coming from the inside of the body and less likely external factors. An inflamed nodule or cyst is not, in her view, due to external factors. So she recommended anti-inflammatory foods and said to avoid or reduce high glycemic, gluten, grains, beans, dairy and even carrageenan. I told her this never happened in the past and she emphasized that the body is changing from younger days. Right now it happens once or twice a month. The next time it happens I'm going rub ice on and around it to see if it disappears. Once the area gets infected it can take a week to clear and dry up.
Personally, I think it is the peanuts and peanut butters and beans that I'm sensitive towards. Also, a healthy gut flora helps. Dairy or igf1, in moderation, doesn't seem to matter in my case. Plain Greek Yogurt has not affected me yet.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 am

harechallenge wrote:  I have experienced  this problem but don't use any DT method. I have blamed it (and lower back) on an occasional poor diet and humidity. The dermatologist's assistant told me otherwise and  that it is likely an  inflamation problem coming from the inside of the body and less likely external factors. An inflamed nodule or cyst is not, in her view, due to external factors.  So she recommended anti-inflammatory foods and said to avoid or reduce high glycemic, gluten, grains, beans, dairy and even carrageenan. I told her this never happened in the past and she emphasized that the body is  changing from younger days. Right now it happens once or twice a month. The next time it happens I'm going rub ice on and around it to see if it disappears. Once the area gets infected it can take a week to clear and dry up.
Personally, I think it is the peanuts and peanut butters and beans that I'm sensitive towards.  Also, a healthy gut flora helps. Dairy or igf1, in moderation, doesn't seem to matter in my case. Plain Greek Yogurt has not affected me yet.    

That's amazing, when I told my derm's assistant I removed grains and gluten from my diet (basically went Paleo), she looked up from her notepad and said "...why?"

Wasn't happy about that lol

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Sun May 15, 2016 8:15 am

I haven't removed grains entirely. She really said to avoid gluten, high glycemic foods, sugars, beans, dairy and carrageenan. Maybe she didn't say all grains. But she also suggested that I experiment to discover what I'm sensitive too.  Through trial and error I think it is some of the beans (and peanuts) that are bad for me. The problem with peanut butter is that I usually end up gorging, so it's best that I not even buy nuts and sunflower seeds. Sugar is obviously bad. She definitely emphasized that it is inflammation coming from the inside such that the problem was not about clogged pores which is common in adolescent acne.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun May 15, 2016 12:04 pm

^ Yeah I mean the way she said it, kind of sarcastic.

She actually was against remove gluten in general anyway. Needless to say I didn't go back.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon May 16, 2016 1:56 pm

what country was this in?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 pm

John Doe is probably USA time zone. I am. Whatever you eat, if your gut flora is bad you are more subject to inflammation and skin problems. A good gut means fewer B vitamins deficiencies and stronger immunity. So avoid things, if possible , that damage or destroy good intestinal bacteria.

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 pm

Not sure if its ok to keep doing manuals over this or if I do I will damage the scalp/follicles...

Shedding tons of hair aka going bald at an alarming rate. Check

Persistent inflammatory disorders: Check.

What do you think the answer to your question is?

But just ignore me; I'm childish, ignorant, paranoid, a troll, a bullying victim, a virgin, and masturbate in my own feces insane.

P.S. On a serious note, I think that you DTrs have lost so much hair, that stopping now will make you face the harsh reality of what you guys have inflicted upon yourselves. You convince yourselves it's just a shed and it will all eventually come back, but, deep down, you know you're totally fucked, and if you stop now you have nowhere else to turn. You'd all prefer to listen to a good lie than accept an unpleasant truth: it's a sham; you got duped; your hair is worse than ever.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue May 17, 2016 1:08 am

harechallenge wrote:John Doe is  probably USA time zone. I am.   Whatever you eat, if your gut flora is bad you are more subject to inflammation and skin problems. A good gut means fewer  B vitamins deficiencies and stronger immunity.  So avoid things, if possible , that damage or destroy good  intestinal bacteria.  

Yep

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue May 17, 2016 3:18 am

yes usa time zone, but what country did you get this bad service from the doctor.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue May 17, 2016 7:58 am

USA Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down