Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne

+17
TexasMedicine
empty
Smurfy
Nuada
scottyc33
Parsec
lambyjay
MilBA
ubraj
Espio
The Natural
tooyoung
j87x
itzmecorey
blueway
Yanks
Micah
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne Empty 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne

Post  Micah Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I am curious to see what some of you think about this:

21 year old male. Diffuse thinning, hairline intact completely.
Pretty much do the whole IH regimen, and stick to a low carb healthy hair diet.

About a month ago I cured my hairloss. I kept a journal of my activities during this time.
Right before my shedding stopped completely and new hairs sprouted up, I finished a candida cleanse and was eating a low carb healthy hair diet. I was taking IH supplements and Dr. Ohirras probiotic, and I also had applied apple cider vinegar a few times to my scalp and had been consuming it as well.

Another thing I noticed was that I was eating literally a pound of fish a day for a few days right before I had success.
My diet is mostly yams, steak, eggs, coconut oil, butter, fish, some veggies.

Eating 6 yams a day led to an insane amount of acne, dandruff, and shedding. Since cutting down to about 2 yams a day, things improved, and then after sticking rigorously to the diet without cheating and finishing a candida cleanse I was cured.

I noticed that when my hairloss stopped, my dandruff was also completely gone, and skin was completely clear.
There is definitely a relationship between these things.

When I had hairloss, I had dandruff. When Dandruff was gone, hairloss stopped.

Anyway, things were great for a bit, then I had a cheat day with my diet and consumed too many carbs. This, along with a lack of sleep, led to the return of the dandruff and the return of the shedding!
I am led to believe that Candida has something to do with this, as perhaps after my days of cheating it came back and started to wreak havoc. I am starting another candida cleanse to see if this is the case.

I really want some input on this. It is quite frustrating, I stopped my hairloss and then did something wrong. dadndruff, acne, comes back along with shedding.

I feel I am on the verge of discovery here. All of these things relate somehow. Please, gentleman. Let's discuss the whole thing goin on here with the dandruff and diffuse thinning hairloss.

-Micah

Micah

Back to top Go down

100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne Empty Re: 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne

Post  Yanks Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 am

i have the same thing going on. if i can rid myself of dandruff i can beat hairloss or at least keep what i have.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne Empty Re: 100% Correlation between Hairloss, Dandruff, Acne

Post  blueway Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:29 am

My hairloss stopped, my dandruff was also completely gone, and my acne continue ...

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  itzmecorey Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:56 am

What did you do for a candida cleanse? just low carb? and probiotics?

itzmecorey

http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:54 am

For candida cleanse, I took niacinamide, NOW candida clear, low carb diet, and probiotic.

I am now very interested in the correlation between dandruff, inflammation, hairloss--- and how diet effects all of this.

There must be some reason that when my shedding ceased, dandruff disappeared. Also, libido took a jump...

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 am

I don't have dandruff at all anymore in my MPB spots (top of my head), but still continue to get it on the sides. I'm not sure why it stopped there.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 am

Micah - what dose niacinamide and candida clear did you take per day?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:47 am

Micah, I had the same experience when I started curcumin and resveratrol three years ago: drastic reduction of dandruff within the first month, subsequently, followed by a cessation of hair loss.

The anti-inflammatory properties of these two, collectively, appears to be more powerful than when taken individually.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:03 pm

^

How much Curcumin+ Reservatrol do you take?

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:04 pm

I took 2 NOW Niacinamide pills with each meal, and 2 NOW Candida Clear pills with each meal.

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 pm

So you have been successful on a low carb diet? That is interesting. Can anyone explain to me please why it seems like people who are on poor-man's diets which are generally high-starch and high-carb tend to have higher testosterone and less hair loss, while people on rich-man's diets with a lot of animal products and fat tend to have more hair loss?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Espio wrote:Can anyone explain to me please why... less hair loss

IP6, IMO.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Espio, do you have any studies that back up your claim or is it just an observation. I'm on a lowish carb diet and it seems to be working quite well...but I'm always open to hearing contrary evidence and making changes if necessary.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Micah wrote:^

How much Curcumin+ Reservatrol do you take?

I used to take what, 500 mg. of Jarrow's curcumin extract and 200 mg. of Jarrow's resveratrol, I think. Now, I take less: Turmeric extract 250 mg. (125 mg. of naturally occurring curcumin) and Japanese knotweed extract (15 mg. of resveratrol)

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 pm

jdp701 wrote:
Espio wrote:Can anyone explain to me please why... less hair loss

IP6, IMO.

I thought Phytic Acid (IP6) was the one of the main reason most people here avoided large amounts of grains (the others being insluin response and suppressed thyroid function)
Does it not bind to magnesium and zinc and create deficiencies leading to lower libido and testosterone levels?
Or is it the fact that it bonds to iron and calcium and thus may be beneficial in that regard?

I certainly noticed far less inflammation since reducing the amount of grains i consume to just a cup of rice everyday.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  Parsec Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm

It's interesting you mention eating lots of yams. I remember reading yams having some relation to oestrogen, or something like that.
Parsec
Parsec

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:29 am

These things are absolutely related - reduce INFLAMMATION and these three issues will subside.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:05 am

scottyc33 wrote:These things are absolutely related - reduce INFLAMMATION and these three issues will subside.

how do you reduce inflammation though ?

I also noticed that shedding comes along with increased inflamation.

IS Ecklonia cava extract the best way to reduce inflammation ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:44 am

Fried foods and high sodium foods cause me scalp itch. Curcumin and EC reduced almost all the itch, and colostrum vanquished the dandruff. pretty win combo!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm

lambyjay wrote:
I thought Phytic Acid (IP6) was the one of the main reason most people here avoided large amounts of grains (the others being insluin response and suppressed thyroid function)
Does it not bind to magnesium and zinc and create deficiencies leading to lower libido and testosterone levels?
Or is it the fact that it bonds to iron and calcium and thus may be beneficial in that regard?

I certainly noticed far less inflammation since reducing the amount of grains i consume to just a cup of rice everyday.

IP6 is good for you.

The negatively charged molecule inositol hexaphosphoric acid (without the cations, also known as phytic acid) which does not exist in nature will of course bind to cations in the test tube. As a matter of fact, a very important mechanism of action of IP6 is it's property as an antioxidant which is mediated by chelating iron as demonstrated in the test-tube. Yet, here is the conundrum: life-time experiments in rodents and recent human studies have not shown a mineral deficiency following oral administration of IP6 salts even though the ions presumably dissociate in vivo!

http://www.ip-6.net/FAQ.html.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Thought this information was quite relevant to our discourse on inflammation. In the product description of Capsures, an Italian hair loss product consisting of curcumin, resveratrol, vitamin C, vitamin E, and capsaicin, it states that (computer translated from Italian to English):

"The inflammation is, for some authors, the element that causes hair loss, and it is likely that the action of the components of Capsures is to heal and stop being predominantly neurogenic inflammation. It should be pointed out that resveratrol is a powerful antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral.

It 's definitely still obscure the action of CAPSURES on the arrest of the fall and hair regrowth. And 'certainly be considered that the action of the prevailing capsacinoide (capsaicin, curcumin) may be either an agonist or antagonist of the type of sensory fibers. However, the function of these on the regulation of inflammation is still obscure, it is likely that an exogenous stimulus such as the administration of curcumin and capsaicin on sensory fibers do summarize the control of an inflammatory process is no longer regulated by the control of these. The role of resveratrol may also be crucial in resolving the inflammatory process, whereas capsaicin and curcumin may increase the concentration of resveratrol tissue.

The fact that the act Capsures psoriasis could validate this hypothesis, knowing that psoriasis has a high content of substance P. 1 immunological mechanisms related to neuropeptides sensors are still obscure, it is likely that the acting at all locations Capsures inflammatory in the body. The three components probably act at several sites of inflammation, with a synergistic mechanism.

A major emphasis is clear from our experience hair regrowth in patients with age-related baldness. 'likely that this phenomenon is due to the stimulus on stem cells. It then opens a new chapter in the treatment of age-related diseases."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:17 am

Yes, I agree with The Natural.
Inflammation, at least in my case, appears to be a KEY player.
Curcumin+Res is a great combo. The supplements and diet help with my inflammation, but it is only when I am 100% dedicated that I get the best results.

I read somewhere that sleeping with a freshly washed towel over your pillow every night eliminates acne. As I believe acne, dandruff/inflammation, and hairloss are all correlated, I am going to start doing this to see if it makes a difference.

On another note, it is possible a healthy, non-inflamed scalp also creates a better environment for topicals to work.

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:40 am

Micah wrote:Yes, I agree with The Natural.
Inflammation, at least in my case, appears to be a KEY player.
Curcumin+Res is a great combo. The supplements and diet help with my inflammation, but it is only when I am 100% dedicated that I get the best results.

I read somewhere that sleeping with a freshly washed towel over your pillow every night eliminates acne. As I believe acne, dandruff/inflammation, and hairloss are all correlated, I am going to start doing this to see if it makes a difference.

On another note, it is possible a healthy, non-inflamed scalp also creates a better environment for topicals to work.

The towel thing for acne could just be to reduce p acne bacteria on the face while sleeping.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am

Interesting with the dandruff part. Acne part doesn't really work because a lot of people, like me, get acne in their teens and it just goes away with age. I had pretty bad acne but 95% of it went away before college.

Anyways, dandruff... I have NEVER been successful with getting rid of it completely. Dandruff shampoo works but obviously this is just a treatment and not a cure. It always comes back when I stop using the shampoos, and it is hardcore bad.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 pm

scottyc33 wrote:The towel thing for acne could just be to reduce p acne bacteria on the face while sleeping.
It would probably help, but it's not going to eliminate the internal cause of acne. Add me to the list of those who suffer from all three conditions, stress -> inflammation plays a big part.

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next