Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids

5 posters

Go down

Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  Empty Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:48 am

.. like methionine?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  Empty Re: Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 am

if you don't harbor the belief that grains are bad for your health you could just include some grains to get that amino acid. rice and beans for example gives complete profile of amino acids.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids  Empty Re: Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:00 am

Some schools of thought are that a heavy diet in vegan protein may reduce stomach acid, and also sacrifice some of the component amino acids into glucose as fuel. However, it's probably not that black and white. It may ultimately depend on the production of enzymes and the status of the gut flora.

If one chooses to consume vegan protein, to be on the safe side, would suggest taking a course of vegan enzymes that help the breakdown of cellulose and other plant fibers, as well as protein enzymes.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 am

Agreed. You can get a full compliment of amino acids from plant foods. But plant proteins are less bioavailable than animal proteins, so absorption is poorer. To ABSORB and utilize the same amount, say 100 grams of protein, a vegan/vegetarian will have to consume more protein from plant sources than would a meat eater. I don't want this to turn into a meat vs. no meat argument thread, but may I ask what your motivations are to eat a vegan diet?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Dalbhat (rice and beans) is practically not a full protein since it is too low in methionine but with an egg or some oats it can work.

LawOfThelema wrote:if you don't harbor the belief that grains are bad for your health you could just include some grains to get that amino acid. rice and beans for example gives complete profile of amino acids.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:15 pm

My motivation for eating vegan? I guess its a matter of taste, lol - I used to eat meat
but then I had an extended stay in India and ate only beans, peas/muttar, lentils/dal, chana/chickpea in curry gravy with chapati/breads which I
very much enjoyed. When I came home I tried resuming meat eating - but then I disliked it and felt that meat was a little disgusting - not only eating it but also storing and handling.

On a second note - there is a rather large import to Europe from Southamerica of "soy cakes" which is used to feed chickens and pork , maybe cows as well. I dont want to eat that ***** /garbage. Further - it add to the depletion of rainforest which is essential to the breathing of the planet.

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Agreed. You can get a full compliment of amino acids from plant foods. But plant proteins are less bioavailable than animal proteins, so absorption is poorer. To ABSORB and utilize the same amount, say 100 grams of protein, a vegan/vegetarian will have to consume more protein from plant sources than would a meat eater. I don't want this to turn into a meat vs. no meat argument thread, but may I ask what your motivations are to eat a vegan diet?

Last edited by cpio on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:30 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Some schools of thought are that a heavy diet in vegan protein may reduce stomach acid, and also sacrifice some of the component amino acids into glucose as fuel. However, it's probably not that black and white. It may ultimately depend on the production of enzymes and the status of the gut flora.

If one chooses to consume vegan protein, to be on the safe side, would suggest taking a course of vegan enzymes that help the breakdown of cellulose and other plant fibers, as well as protein enzymes.

hey CS, what type of thing do you recommend for the course of vegan enzyme... dietary sources, or would that be a kind of supplement.

When I came home I tried resuming meat eating - but then I disliked it and felt that meat was a little disgusting - not only eating it but also storing and handling.

While this isnt a huge issue for me it's definitely something I've observed as a benefit. When I cook a vegetarian or vegan meal the pan nearly rinses out with water or just quick wipe with a small amount of soap... this wasnt always the case with a meat dish! There is little concern of needing to disinfect a cleaning area or to insure I'm not touching something and contaminating it etc when the main ingredients are produce... overall it less messy, less of any potential sanitary or related issue

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am

cpio wrote:Do vegetarians/vegans need to supplements amino acids.. like methionine?
Depends on how much they eat :D

If calorie sufficient, no need; e.g. 130g of rice (dry) give sufficient methionine for a 70 kg male (inclusive a 100% safety margin).

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down