Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

AHK Copper Peptide

+10
Ibrium
SW2
virtua_
Nuuu_Dx
TheLastHairbender
Smurfy
hairtest
nidhogge
LawOfThelema
MiamiSteve
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

AHK Copper Peptide - Page 3 Empty Re: AHK Copper Peptide

Post  MiamiSteve Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 am

hairtest wrote:
MiamiSteve wrote:Any update from anyone in regards to AHK-Cu ?
Also I would like to know if I purchase the power, is it something that can be mixed right into a bottle of minoxidil?
Any opinions on cream as opposed to the liquid?
Thanks for everyones input.
MS

I just placed by 4th order. I would recommend using Rejuveplex. It is helping regrow my hairline.

Progress=Great. Pics will come soon enough. They are too easy to manipulate in my opinion so I will REALLY have to show some ridiculous growth. I am talking full restoration. As of now - my opinion that you couldn't regrow your hairline has been reversed. Slowly but surely.

Hairtest
which Rejuveplex did you use? did yours have AHK-Cu?
I went to http://hairevo.com/shop/ and did not see one with AHK-Cu.
Please advise
Thx

MiamiSteve

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 pm

MiamiSteve wrote:Any update from anyone in regards to AHK-Cu ?
Also I would like to know if I purchase the power, is it something that can be mixed right into a bottle of minoxidil?
Any opinions on cream as opposed to the liquid?
Thanks for everyones input.
MS

No, dont mix it in minox! it will turn green!

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm

hairtest,

I don't think anybody here is going to chastise you if the pics don't turn out to be amazing. Progress is progress..

Anybody else been using Rejuveplex with or without copper peptides with notable success?

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 am

not to be "that guy" but no pics and almost all the posts by hairtest are just about rejuveplex..... There is a couple little other ones but if it were any other supplement people would be saying some mean stuff to hairtest I imagine.

We need some pics mang!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am

What do you guys think about the folligen emu oil with copper peptides and tocotrienols. They are all three know to regrow hair, (on study showed an average of 48% regrowth in six months for emu oil alone!!!!!) and emu oil supposedly had fantastic penetrating abilities as to get the peptides deep in there. It is price, but they say you get what you pay for...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM7477475511P?ci_src=184425893&ci_sku=SPM7477475511&sid=IDx20130125xMPBEAx004
http://www.hairloss-research.org/EmuOilfrontalregrowth.html
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm not aware of any trend since I've been battling hair loss where people have mentioned getting regrowth from emu oil. I bought my emu oil from the guy at that hairloss-research website, and trust that it is superior quality to what's mostly offered out there. It did absorb into the skin extremely well and is likely a fantastic carrier oil. However, after going through 3 bottles of the stuff (prob 6-8 months) of application, I didn't notice anything in terms of improvement in hair quality.

The guy who sells the stuff claims that his customers consistently get initiation of vellus hairs (within weeks) with emu, which will eventually go terminal. I did not experience this.

One thing I should note is that I was on a kitchen sink supplement approach while applying emu oil at the same time. Fairly quickly after I dropped the kitchen sink approach and emu application, the sides of my head (around ears) started thinning pretty quickly.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 am

TrueGround wrote:I'm not aware of any trend since I've been battling hair loss where people have mentioned getting regrowth from emu oil. I bought my emu oil from the guy at that hairloss-research website, and trust that it is superior quality to what's mostly offered out there. It did absorb into the skin extremely well and is likely a fantastic carrier oil. However, after going through 3 bottles of the stuff (prob 6-8 months) of application, I didn't notice anything in terms of improvement in hair quality.

The guy who sells the stuff claims that his customers consistently get initiation of vellus hairs (within weeks) with emu, which will eventually go terminal. I did not experience this.

One thing I should note is that I was on a kitchen sink supplement approach while applying emu oil at the same time. Fairly quickly after I dropped the kitchen sink approach and emu application, the sides of my head (around ears) started thinning pretty quickly.
Would you mind describing the type and severity of your hairloss, and also what treatments you were using along with the emu oil.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:57 am

Sure,

My entire treatment approach was based on the guidance at the hairloss-research website. I may be leaving a couple things out, but the following supps I took were:

-Soy Isoflavones
-Green Tea Extract
-Optimized Resveratrol
-Super Bio Curcumin
-Sea Iodine
-L-Taurine
-Super Absorbable Tocotreinols and Black Theaflavin Extract (on and off)

I noticed pretty good stabilization with this approach. I slowly came off of these supplements due to cash restrictions and not seeing regrowth, which I was expecting since it was my first attempt at correcting hair loss with supps. I had unrealistic expectations.

My balding pattern is the classic receding hair line, with thinning around the ears/sides of head and very minor thinning at vertex as well. Started when I was about 19 and has been very slow. Overall, I'm about a Norwood 2.75-3, minor vertex.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 am

TrueGround wrote:Sure,

My entire treatment approach was based on the guidance at the hairloss-research website. I may be leaving a couple things out, but the following supps I took were:

-Soy Isoflavones
-Green Tea Extract
-Optimized Resveratrol
-Super Bio Curcumin
-Sea Iodine
-L-Taurine
-Super Absorbable Tocotreinols and Black Theaflavin Extract (on and off)

I noticed pretty good stabilization with this approach. I slowly came off of these supplements due to cash restrictions and not seeing regrowth, which I was expecting since it was my first attempt at correcting hair loss with supps. I had unrealistic expectations.

My balding pattern is the classic receding hair line, with thinning around the ears/sides of head and very minor thinning at vertex as well. Started when I was about 19 and has been very slow. Overall, I'm about a Norwood 2.75-3, minor vertex.

I have a theory as to why you haven't gotten any regrowth from your former protocol....
Based on my own observations, as well as things I've come across on the internet, if you have hairs that are in the process of miniaturizing, but still terminal hairs per say, then it isn't hard to revitalize these hairs with diet improvements, keot shampoos and things of that nature, in other words thickening the diameter of the terminal hairs you have.

On the other hand, I think that rebuilding a hairline, or filling in a crown area that has only vellus hairs on them is a different story.

From what I gathere, onc e a hair becomes vellus, it no longer has its own capillary feeding the hair shaft; it is fed by diffusion through the surrounding tissue. Apparently when a hair goes from the growth stage to the resting stage, the capilary deteriorates, and is regenerated when the hair returns to the growth stage. Well vellus hairs never regain that capillary to supply the blood necessary for the growth stage, and continue to shrink until they are tiny little hairs.

Now, what I've notices is that a lot of hair products will increase the diameter of existing TERMINAL hairs, and even increase the diameter and length of the VELLUS hairs due to increased nutrient supply, but it seems like there is something extra that needs to take place to bring the hairs from vellus to terminal; angiogenesis. There needs to be a physical action taking place tocreate a blood vessel that ataches directly to the hair papilla which causes terminal growth.

A few possible ways are:

a) Wounding; brushing vigorously may accomplish this, possibly dermarolling etc. When the skin tissue is wounded, it causes new blood vessels to form which, theoredically, causes new blood vessels to form from the blood supply to the hair shaft.
b)Temporary hypoxia; in the papilla power method temporary hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) to the skin tissue is used to create new blood vessels; when skin tissue is deprived of oxygen, a defensive measure is to create new bloood cells to help feed the starving tissue. This has been seen in extreme elevations where oxygen is scarce, there are many many more blood vessels in the tissue of people there than those living at lower elevations. There were other studies I hav read that suggested hypoxia induced angiogenesis.
c) The violet ray device seems to hold merit, as it may cause andiogenesis through ways unfamiliar to me.
d)It seems that minoxidil may somehow cause new blood vessels to form
e) I'm not sure but I believe that stem cell therapy may somehow trigger angiogenesis by some biological trigger....Unsure on this one though

So basically, IMO, scalp massageseating healthy, scalp exercises, reducing dht etc. appear to strengthen the existing TERMINAL hairs via increased nutrition/ reduced inflammation, but I think that to fill in bald spots or heaily receeded hairlines it will take help from one of the methods I described above.

This is merely my opinion based on my findings. A lot of the research that I based my theory on was done by a member on here named GPB2000 or something along those lines. You can search his old treads for more basis on the theories about angiogenesis.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks man,

What I can tell you is that during this treatment approach I just mentioned I was often exposed to a toxic building (mold contamination) and was also drinking very heavily multiple days a week. This was when I was in college and Junior/Senior year virtually everybody I knew was partying their asses off..

Needless to say, I was subjecting myself to likely significant levels of inflammation regularly with mycotoxin overload (both from mold and alcohol). While my diet was nowhere near perfect, it was way better than most people I knew..

Anyways, I've just recently bought a natural bristle brush and am going to stimulate my scalp with it as well as massage every day. This is as of last week. Something tells me that I can really benefit from a manual approach for the reasons you've just mentioned. I have vellus hairs covering my temples in entirety, and the rest of my worst hairs are still somewhat terminal looking. I'm hoping a decent amount of regeneration is possible with enough work ethic.

By the way, my current regimen is now:

-LLLT 4 days a week
-Super Zix II Topical 2x per day
-Regenpure Shampoo 3-4x per week
-Ecklonia Cava
-Decalcify
-High quality multi-vitamin
-Homemade ionized foot detox baths for mold issue

There seems to be indication of progress with the approach I've just mentioned and will keep all posted when I am further along in my manual stimulation process.

Thanks again for your advice!

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 am

I think you wll have success with that regimine. Good luck!
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 am

TheLastHairbender wrote:The study I believe you're referring to appeared as Chapter 16: "Phototrichogram Analysis of Hair Follicle Stimulation: A Pilot Clinical Study with a Peptide-Copper Complex" by Ronald E. Trachy, Leonard M. Patt, Gordon M. Duncan, and Bernard Kalis, in the book "Dermatologic Research Techniques" (1995/6). In that study, only the copper-hexapeptide complex GHKVFV:Cu was tested on humans, and at solution strengths as high as 10% w/w. That particular complex has properties that may be very distinct from AHK-Cu. For example the exposed terminal residue of GHKVFV, the valine moiety, is non-polar and hydrophobic, while that for AHK, the lysine moiety, is polar (+) and thus hydrophilic. There is evidence that the latter is more biologically active than the former when applied topically, and vice versa for ID administration. Suffice it to say that while both are "copper-peptide complexes" they have distinct physical properties and thus information about one may not be directly applicable to the other. The observed distinction between terminal residues' side-chain polarity and the resulting variation in bioactivity levels is just one concrete example.

To use results obtained for one copper-peptide complex as a source of quantitative information about an alternative complex is completely non-permissible. If it were, then the current studies on the multitude of new complexes would not be necessary, as most had already been conducted for GHK and GHK:Cu throughout the 1980s and 90s. The case I'm going to make is actually even stronger than that. There is sufficient variation in physical properties across complexes all of which could be called "AHK-Cu", so information about one form of AHK-Cu (a 2:1 complex of tridentate ligand-to-copper for example) cannot be immediately applied to alternative forms of AHK-Cu (an equimolar concentration of ligand-to-copper, as another). So even if there were a human study on AHK-Cu, it would only provide information about that particular coordination complex, so you'd have to make sure the ambiguous blue powder you were buying as AHK-Cu was in fact the exact same ratio of peptides-to-copper, and then further that the peptides were bonded to the copper as the same way used in the study, as AHK can be coordinated to Cu(2+) in many different ways: with the hydroxide terminus on the lysine residue providing the only donor atom (monodentate), with the same on the histidyl group also providing a donor atom (bidentate), or with each of the three residues providing a donor atom to the copper (tridentate, the preferred configuration for a tripeptide according to ProCyte). Then there can also be multiple or fractional peptides complexed in any of these ways to the copper. All of those potential combinations fit the definition of "AHK-Cu" and all are likely to have different physical properties. We know they do already because each has exhibited different peaks in tests by absorption spectrometry, which provides the only method of empirical distinction to date as far as I know. Therefore one would expect different optimal treatment quantities based on the particular coordination complex at hand. This also implies variation in what would be considered 'safe' treatment quantities even within the class of complexes referred to as AHK-Cu.

ProCyte understood this. If you read carefully, they actually never even used the term "AHK-Cu", they only make reference to complexes of "AHK:Cu", with the understanding that there are a potentially infinite number of distinct substances that can be synthesized from a coordination of the AHK tripeptide to copper(II) according to a variety of alternative peptide bonds and molar ratios of the two. And in providing experimental results, ProCyte always included the specific molar ratio of peptide-to-copper that described the particular AHK:Cu complex under study. If that were not a relevant piece of information, there is no reason why it would be systematically disclosed right next to the X mg or X % w/w treatment quantity without fail in ProCyte's reporting of experimental results. That the Pyo et al. study omitted this information seems to be the anomaly, and I've already contacted the principal investigator in that study and still await a response. The fact is that the ratio of peptide-to-copper in the final product of synthesis is as critically relevant a detail about treatment quantity as the % w/w concentration. If you're applying a 1:1 complex at levels deemed safe or effective based on a 2:1 (peptide:metal) complex...then you have double the expected quantity of elemental copper stored in depot in your scalp's dermal tissue. That may become an issue for you.

So when Hairevo claims: "The recommended percentage of AHK-Cu Copper Tri-Peptides to use within your custom formula is 2.5 to 5%", on which particular complex are they basing that presumption? Nevermind that this amount seems way, way, too high for any AHK-Cu complex given the available data. ProCyte never reported topical tests of any AHK-Cu complex over .5% even in a mouse model. Where the heck are they getting 2.5 to 5%? Not only is there no evidence that this level is optimal, there is no evidence that this level is safe, and in fact there is stronger evidence that this level is not safe for hair and dermal tissue - evidence from the very study that each of the three named retailers cites as their sole piece of evidence. It seems doubtful they even read that reference.

I love what these outfits are trying to do for everybody, but just because it's possible to have a company generically synthesize something for research purposes doesn't mean it's safe to apply any random amount within a centimeter of our brains. It seems that whoever led the community to copper peptides and suggested best practices for their administration did so with an insufficient understanding of the science involved. Those gray-market treatment dealers and videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZKqrMF-bA serve to perpetuate that misunderstanding. I have more faith in ProCyte's and Dr. Pickart's knowledge of the specific biology, that's why my recommendation at present is to avoid all bulk AHK-Cu and its derivative products that aren't specifically Tricomin or Folligen, and even then to follow package instructions since there is demonstrable risk in overexposure. Pyo et al. has shown us that AHK-Cu means playing with live ammo; this is not the benign, innocuous substance we should max out on like fiber, as we may have initially been led to believe.

very interesting. So anyone know the optimal dosage of GHK Cu in distilled water solution ?

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3