Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation

+2
tooyoung
Horatius
6 posters

Go down

After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation Empty After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation

Post  Horatius Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Dear all,

I have been using the brushing method or ferox method combined with massaging of entire scalp for almost 6 months now.
My conclusion after this experiment:

1) the net hair loss has been stopped: I still lose some hairs, but these are replaced with new ones: no overall hair loss noticeable.
2) I experienced 2 shedding periods, similar to finasteride induced sheds. (I have used finasteride a couple of years ago.)One after 3,5 months, and one 2 months after that. After these sheds, hair looks worse for some time but then recovers. This leads me to believe hair growth is a cyclical process: you lose to regain later.

So my conclusion is: it works, so far. Growth is modest, but noticeable, and I am happy I have stopped the hair loss. Which is a remarkable result in itself.

I have only seen real advance after 4,5, 5 months: then I could see that hairline was restoring. The thickening of my hair seems to be the most difficult, any tips are welcome.

Some remarks/tips regarding the method:

I have experienced better effects of brushing if you massage first: more blood is already in the scalp so brushing becomes more effective
I do this in the morning: after that, I take a cold shower to avoid any burning or heat friction that hurts my hair growth. The cold also is good for vascular health: it promotes overall blood circulation.

Last advice if you want to try this: just keep going, since first months I saw no effect, until after first shedding, then I could see verifiable effect. It requires persistence. I think a combination with supplements would accelerate results: brushing is only one way to tackle the problem, but it works for me.

greetings

Horatius

Horatius

Back to top Go down

After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation Empty Re: After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation

Post  tooyoung Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 am

How many brushes do you do per day?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation Empty Thanks for the update

Post  returnfromit Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:59 am

Thank you for the update - it is much appreciate by the lot of us here.

How long are you brushing for? Any topicals?

returnfromit

Back to top Go down

After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation Empty Re: After 6 months of brushing and massaging: an evaluation

Post  returnfromit Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 am

Also, any chance of any before and after pics?

returnfromit

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:24 am

Horatius - thanx for your feedback ! and Congrats with your success - I hope it will continue and improve. AFAI massaging the galea muscles first releases the galea - and that will allow better bloodflow after when massaging/brushing/wanding the MPB area.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't coun't the amount of brushing, I do it for about 3-4 minutes in the morning and evening, until scalp becomes red. I don't use any topicals, because they tend to be sticky, run onto my forehead and generally make my hair look bad: too oily or wet.

I did take vitamin B, more precisely biotin because my doctor said it has a beneficial effect on hair in general.

I didn't take any before pictures so posting a picture now would not tell you much..

And a last tip; exercising has improved my blood circulation as well, and it removes excess testosteron by absorption in the muscles: I do a lot of cycling and it has helped as well to keep DHT levels in check.

good luck to you all!

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post  saahil Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:15 am

Horatius wrote:I don't coun't the amount of brushing, I do it for about 3-4 minutes in the morning and evening, until scalp becomes red. I don't use any topicals, because they tend to be sticky, run onto my forehead and generally make my hair look bad: too oily or wet.

I did take vitamin B, more precisely biotin because my doctor said it has a beneficial effect on hair in general.

I didn't take any before pictures so posting a picture now would not tell you much..

And a last tip; exercising has improved my blood circulation as well, and it removes excess testosteron by absorption in the muscles: I do a lot of cycling and it has helped as well to keep DHT levels in check.

good luck to you all!

Horatius,

Good to hear about your progress, i brush alternate days once for 5 mins.. before ahead bath. but im tapping with
brush.. i tap around 3 times a day for 5 mins... untill i feel that pain... even this causes blood flow right and no breakage at
all... i want to know whather this has the same effect as brushing... as i had read that tapping increases blood flow....
Also, i do scalp exercises from my finger tips by pushing the skin upwards... along with that i also do tom hagerty's....
But can anyone tell me wheather tapping 3 times a day for 5 mins each session is too much???? or is that ok??

thanks

saahil

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:03 am

i don't think it's too much but I do think that brushing itself has a beneficial effect in that it exfoliates. When hairs shrink the skin will actually grow over them (pretty sure I read that a few places) when I started brushing I would get these peels happen on my temples and some areas of my head just before a lot of velous hair would appear. I believe this is that skin being removed to allow the hairs to once again show through.
This is just an opinion of course.
I do brushing, tapping, massages, sometimes I push the brush on my head and use the contact to move my scalp around (I find this works really well actually) I don't time it but just do it until it turns red and I feel the blood flow. I find for me forehead massage is really key in getting the blood into my temples etc.

Keep it up boys if nothing else this stuff certainly has improved my situation.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down